Job Searching in Lubbock

1,865 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MooreTrucker
resmith09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sorry to cross post this several times but I figure it's best to cast a wide net. A few weeks/months ago I posted about looking for work around Amarillo, Lubbock, or Abilene- well...

My wife just landed a great job in Lubbock, one that's too good to pass up, so we're on our way out there. I'm originally from West Texas so it's back to the home fires for me.

I don't, however, have any real job leads at the moment. I've spent the last several years working ag, water, and natural resources policy at the Capitol, and have been an oil & gas lobbyist now for almost a year. I'm not holding out hope to stay in that line of work, although it would be nice not to face a complete career change if possible. I also have experience in public affairs, communications, and working for a bank as a trust real estate asset manager (was not overly fond of that one, though).

Any ideas/leads/opportunities just to visit with someone about jobs in the area are absolutely appreciated.
MooreTrucker
AG
Welcome home. I wish I could help with the job thing but I don't have any connections in those areas.
resmith09
AG
Thanks for the encouragement, no worries on the connections- looking for any help I can get.
jtp01
AG
I don't know if this group has any openings, but they put on a pretty good "water college" every winter and I attend as a sponsor.

http://www.tawcsolutions2.org

MousepadMarauder
AG
You might try to get in touch with some of the producer groups based out of Lubbock. Sorghum Growers, etc. Good luck.
Spider69
AG
Might talk to the High Plains Underground Groundwater Conservation District; Corn Producers; & Grain Sorghum Producers already mentioned. There's several seed companies in the Lubbock area, too. I'm not sure who the Lubbock US House Rep is now.
MooreTrucker
AG
Spider69 said:

Might talk to the High Plains Underground Groundwater Conservation District; Corn Producers; & Grain Sorghum Producers already mentioned. There's several seed companies in the Lubbock area, too. I'm not sure who the Lubbock US House Rep is now.
Jodey Arrington https://arrington.house.gov/contact/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.