Just moved to Amarillo

2,388 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Spider69
AgsWin979
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am a recent graduate of the Mays Business School, class of '18 and have started working in Amarillo. I don't know a soul up here so I was curious if there were any Aggies that get together to watch the games, or at least a group that gets together from time to time
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Congratulations on the job and the move, and welcome.

Funny story, the first offer for a job interview I got when I graduated was up here near Amarillo. I politely turned it down, thinking to myself "there is no way in heck I'd ever live in the Panhandle."

20 years later, we are here, and I now never want to leave.

It's not a place you drive through and think "this looks like a great place to live"...but the people and the community here are second to none. The last bit or "real Texas" in my opinion.

I'm sorry I don't have information on game watching. I do know there are Aggie groups, because I attend Muster (I attend the one in Canyon, but there is an Amarillo one as well), but it sounds like you may be single, so your at a different place in life. I watch the games surrounded by my kids, or on my phone in between other things I've got going on for the weekend. If you ever want to experience that, your welcomed at our house But I'm sure you'll find a group.

If you need any other advise or help on things in Amarillo or the Panhandle, feel free to PM me.

Teacher_Ag
AG
Posted on your other thread on the football forum. Welcome!
Teacher_Ag
AG
Until you find a good group to watch with I advise you to head to the Hillside location of 575 Pizzeria and watch there and enjoy some GOOD pizza and beer.
dhharder
AG
Amarillo A&M Club has a Facebook page. I think they've been watching them at House Divided because one of the owners is an Ag.
Spider69
AG
Amarillo is a great place to live. I lived there 30 years (1983-2013). The Amarillo A&M Club meets monthly, when I was there. A decent number of Aggies up there and in Canyon. Try and make contact with a Club officer. If you can't locate one PM me & I'll try to find a contact for you. Just checked. They have a FB page. Meet at House Divided Resturant & Sports Grill for game watches. This location is new to me & likely there after I moved south after retiring.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.