Pheasant hunting?

3,213 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 84AGEC
Hamburger Dan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone have a line on some pheasant hunting in our area? I've hunted a few times out here around Tulsa and Kress, but that was years ago. I moved to Lubbock about
a year ago. With the move and job, not much time. This year would be better. Nothing fancy, nominal fees are ok. When I hunted out here before, it was with relatives of locals. I wasn't sure what ask or what was to be expected. Thank you in advance.
Capt_Crunch 14
AG
Can't help you with land owner contacts but fm 400 between Idalou and Plainview always has a bunch of pheasants running across the road or in the short grass along the side. Might be a good place to start looking or knocking on doors if all else fails.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Haven't engaged in pheasant hunting since I've been up here, but interestingly, I have seen one pheasant in the wild and it is right where Capt Crunch said he sees them.

Related, snipe season opens on Friday. It really does.
jtp01
AG
If you aren't able to find something down there, we can probably work something out at our farm in Moore County.

We haven't hunted birds in several years, but the birds appear to be pretty good so far.
CanyonAg77
AG
https://www.facebook.com/cottoncenterpheasanthunt/
Hamburger Dan
Thanks for the heads up. I'll let y'all know what happens.
WestTexasAg
AG
Used to hunt pheasant in Castro county. Always had good luck.
Hamburger Dan
I saw a few shetchy reviews / comments on the Cotton Center hunt. But I thought I could check around for something similar in the area. I'm still looking.
txag2008
AG
My hometown always has a hunt put on by the Lion's Club.

https://www.facebook.com/Nazareth-Lions-Club-1690507571188351/
CanyonAg77
AG
Sorry to hear that about Cotton Center. I used to know a lot of folks over there, they're generally a pretty good bunch. If you want to let me know about your concerns, I'll pass it along.
Creek06
AG
What shetchy reviews did you see?
Hamburger Dan
I saw a few reviews from recent hunts that stated they advertised lots of acreage to hunt from, but much of it was plowed up with nothing on it. I have hunted pheasants in this area before in a stripped out cotton field, so that didn't bother me much. I just would rather talk to someone that is in charge of said hunt - I don't like the idea of sending a check without knowing exactly what is going on. I've look for a contact person / number, but all I've seen is an address. Despite all this, I'm still interested as it is fairly close and I think there will be a lot of birds this year. I will keep looking and listening.
CanyonAg77
AG
There's an email and a messenger link on the Cotton Center page. Have you tried either?
Creek06
AG
I actually will be travelling up next week to Cotton Center so i am stopping in to see exactly where the hunting spots are going to be located. Everything I have heard is the birds are back in abundance.

Same thing here, don't really want to pay to hunt plowed ground.
Hamburger Dan
I am driving out that way this afternoon to look around. I did send an email to try an establish contact with someone, but no response yet. I do know there are birds this year, even in this area. I am making an effort to get this locked down this week. Hoping for the best.
Hamburger Dan
Got some info. David Carver answered my email, with a phone call today. He runs the pheasant hunt. 100 bucks gets you approx 10,000 acres to hunt. The land is marked, they have maps to give you. Sounds like it's good for the duration of the pheasant season. 150 dollars if you don't preregister. They've done this for quite a few years. I didn't look at it today, but will try to drive around that area on Sunday. He said there were birds. I've seen a few on my trips around the area, but I haven't been to far off the highways. Sounded promising, to say the least. He said mostly small groups sign up and utilize the hunt. None of the coaches where I work sound too interested. I'm still looking.
jtp01
AG
Carver is good people.
Creek06
AG
Hunting has been good, with some long walks but every milo and corn field produces at least one rooster
84AGEC
AG
Hopefully our bird numbers will increase again

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.