Vacation Rentals at Buffalo Springs Lake?

2,384 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by leachfan
gd28
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The wife and I are headed to Buffalo Springs lake for the triathlon at the end of June and we would love to rent one of the lake houses in the park, but can't find any rentals anywhere. Has anyone ever rented a house at the lake? Anyone know of any rentals available?
CanyonAg77
AG
I think your mistake is assuming that Buffalo Lake homes are "lake" homes. Most are permanent residences, not weekend or vacation properties. So any pool of possible rentals is very small.

All I can say is to contact a realtor in that area, who might know of any rentals. I looked on VRBO and came up empty.
BMOC86
AG
grew up on that "lake", if you could call it that. That's all we knew. Moved to east Texas in 1990 and discovered what a real lake was!
rangelady
AG
Have a friend with a farmhouse on Home Away over on FM 1541. Probably next to nothing available near Buffalo Lake. You are aware that there is not a Lake involved at Buffalo Lake, correct?
CanyonAg77
AG
rangelady said:

Have a friend with a farmhouse on Home Away over on FM 1541. Probably next to nothing available near Buffalo Lake. You are aware that there is not a Lake involved at Buffalo Lake, correct?
Buffalo Springs Lake in Lubbock County is not the same thing as Buffalo Lake NWR, Randall County.

Not to mention that FM1541 is about 5 miles east of Canyon, and BLNWR is about 10 miles west of Canyon.
leachfan
I have never seen any rentals out there. Are you flying or driving? If driving, you may consider renting a travel trailer and staying in the campground out there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.