Golf course recommendations

1,755 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Canyon99
GigEmAgs14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
in Amarillo? Or any small towns around there.

For your troubles:

TIA

SunrayAg
AG
I used to play Ross Rogers alot on the north side of town. It has trees and water.

Comanche Trail on the SE side of town is more wide open links style.

I also played one called Palo Duro in Canyon, but that was about 20 years ago. I seem to remember it was nice.

The best one is Tascosa country club, but it is private so I'm not sure you could get in...

Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Previous poster has said what any Amarillo golfer would tell you. I'll add two comments: Palo Duro Creek is my
"home" course and its the best golf for your $ in the area, if that matters to you. This time of year when we've had some rain and it's not hot yet, it's in great shape. Not a terribly difficult or long course but there are some trees and a little water on the front, and it has a little more up and down than most courses in the panhandle.

And previously mentioned Comanche Trails has 36 holes.
Spider69
AG
When I lived in Amarillo, I played Ross a lot. It's two courses are nice. Comanche is fun and a little longer, links style. For a diversion, I'd recommend the Hereford muni course, too.
Canyon99
Canyon Country Club if you want to be out of the wind and feel like you aren't in the panhandle. Cheap little 9 hole course that plays 18.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.