11 Grub Joints to Learn Gastronomic Secrets In Amarillo, Texas

3,054 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by CDUB98
Aggie1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://exceptionmag.com/36730/11-grub-joints-to-learn-gastronomic-secrets-by-amarillo-texas/

Quote:

When the evening comes, Amarillo, Texas lights up with a wealth of tasty food factories. The Texas tourist council in Austin should promote the taverns here to the wealthy people of Los Angeles. Amarillo, Texas would absolutely benefit if more tourists visited here and supported the local economy. We are sure the economists at Texas A&M University would approve of this.
OHMS Cafe

Bangkok Tokyo

Crush Wine Bar & Deli

Spicy Mike's Bar-B-Q Haven

Ichiban

The Big Texan Steak Ranch

575 Pizzeria

Jorge's Tacos Garcia Mexican Cafe

Coyote Bluff Cafe

Tyler's Barbeque

El Manantial

CanyonAg77
AG
A lot of those are "fine dining" establishments that we really aren't into.

The Big Texas is an average steak for an excellent steak price. That being said. I understand the tourist appeal, and the entertainment aspect. The family that runs it also seem to be good people and great promoters of Amarillo.

We tried 575 Pizzaria once. It was good, but it wasn't over-the-top great. Maybe it's more in line with other people's tastes, but we don't get it.

Tacos Garcia and Tylers both are great. Our go-to places if we want Mexican or BBQ. Coyote Bluff is great, too

Some of our other Amarillo favorites are Blue Sky for hamburgers and My Thai.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
CanyonAg77
AG
Went to Red River Steakhouse this weekend. A little pricey, but very good. We had been to the McClean store before, but not Amarillo.
snizzler22
AG
That's a solid list. We love to go to Bracero's down on 6th. Surprised Ember's isn't on there, that's my favorite steak in town.
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
El Manantial is damn good.
CDUB98
AG
El Manantial looks to be in a hell of a sketchy hood.

Has that area changed since I left in '96?
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
CDUB98 said:

El Manantial looks to be in a hell of a sketchy hood.

Has that area changed since I left in '96?

Prob not.

It's not that bad though. You're just eating a meal...not moving in.
chupacabra tacos
AG
Going back to Amarillo is really about hitting up a couple of restaurants. Taco Garcia, Blue Sky, and Thai Diamond. There are others, but I schedule visits around those.
CanyonAg77
AG
chupacabra tacos said:

Going back to Amarillo is really about hitting up a couple of restaurants. Taco Garcia, Blue Sky, and Thai Diamond. There are others, but I schedule visits around those.
You sound like my kids.
Canyon99
chupacabra tacos said:

It's El Tejevan and Blue Sky for me.
WestTexasAg
AG
Aggie1 said:

http://exceptionmag.com/36730/11-grub-joints-to-learn-gastronomic-secrets-by-amarillo-texas/

Quote:

When the evening comes, Amarillo, Texas lights up with a wealth of tasty food factories. The Texas tourist council in Austin should promote the taverns here to the wealthy people of Los Angeles. Amarillo, Texas would absolutely benefit if more tourists visited here and supported the local economy. We are sure the economists at Texas A&M University would approve of this.
OHMS Cafe

Bangkok Tokyo

Crush Wine Bar & Deli

Spicy Mike's Bar-B-Q Haven

Ichiban

The Big Texan Steak Ranch

575 Pizzeria

Jorge's Tacos Garcia Mexican Cafe

Coyote Bluff Cafe

Tyler's Barbeque

El Manantial

Blue Sky has to be on the list. I like Coyote Bluff too. 575 Pizzeria is good. The Big Texan is a tourist attraction worth seeing once, but not exactly known for great food.
CDUB98
AG
The only thing I "must have" when I go back is Taco Villa.

My wife hates the aftermath.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.