Game watch near Caprock Canyon

2,261 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 2007aggie
2007aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My family is going camping this weekend in Caprock Canyon and I didn't know if there was anywhere relatively close by to watch the game. Thanks!
CanyonAg77
AG
I think you're pretty much hosed. Quitaque is a tiny little town with almost no businesses. And there are no big towns for quite a distance.

It is on broadcast, Channnel 10 out of Amarillo, or Channel 13 out of Lubbock. But both are about 100 miles out. Wichita Falls Channel 6 is about 200 miles out.

I'd say your best bet is a Direct TV dish.

There is one cafe in town, I don't know if they have a TV. You could call them and ask, I guess.

http://www.caprockcafequitaque.com/home
CanyonAg77
AG
One more thought, in nearby Turkey, Texas, is a historic 1927 hotel. The restaurant is supposed to be pretty good. So maybe you could eat a late lunch and keep hanging out for the rest of the game. Or maybe rent a room with a TV for the afternoon, if they aren't busy.

Give them a call.

https://hotelturkeytexas.com/
CanyonAg77
AG
On a side note, this should be a great weekend to be at the park. Great weather expected. Don't know if you've been there before, but one of my favorite spots is the natural bridge on the Eagle Point Trail.

Natural Bridge (Google Maps) Zoom in, and the trail is clear. You can also make out the bench on top of the bridge.

A little south of there, the trail cross a creek. Divert east down the creek, and you'll find places where the creek has carved into hard layers of gypsum, called alabaster gypsum. I think it is fascinating stuff.

Alabaster gypsum

BCO07
AG
No help for near by watching, but a comment on that natural bridge. If you have the fats or can't walk very far, start the trail from the north. The walk is much longer, but more fun from the south
2007aggie
AG
Thanks for your replies. We ended up just listening to the game on the radio, but my husband and four year old did hike down to the bottom of the Natural Bridge to peek in the "cave". She loved it. Unfortunately with a two and four year old we only got about half a mile on any hike before they started complaining.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.