Any fish in the numerous neighborhood parks / Lubbock

2,276 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by MooreTrucker
Hamburger Dan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
New to the area, and wondering if there any fish to catch and release in the many surrounding neighborhood parks. Seems like a good place to practice a little fly fishing.
CanyonAg77
AG
Don't know, but I seem to recall a commercial fishing lake south of town, east of 87. Sort of near the old Strip. I'd check the Lubbock Parks web site.

Also, when winter comes, follow Texas Parks and Wildlife. They will stock lots of area lakes with rainbow trout during the cold months.
Red Fishing Ag93
AG
Man, there are a lot of lakes around town. I've got three boys thru my recent marriage who I've taken to a few with no luck. I grew up fishing and even graduated A&M with a degree in the management fisheries waters. Seems like such an underutilized resource. They do have quite a few kid fish events in which some catfish are brought in, but there's really not as much as it could be. Maybe others have had better luck around here.
Capt_Crunch 14
AG
The Lake on the south side of the North loop between 84 and University has some good bass in there. You better be licensed though because that park is frequented by the game wardens on the weekend. I've seen more people get tickets at that lake than I've seen catch fish.

Supposedly the whole canyon lakes system has a pretty good bass population.
Capt_Crunch 14
AG
TPWD also stocks the Levelland city park with Trout around the middle of December too!
84AGEC
AG
Trout in winter I think
Hamburger Dan
Thanks, I'll let you know how things go.
MooreTrucker
AG
The park on 73rd (?) and Slide by Irons Middle School always has lots of folks fishing there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.