Moving to Lubbock

3,931 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by cottonpatchag
Creek06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rib got a job in Lubbock and looking to relocate. Just looking for any Ags that might have an opportunity for a past General Manager/Operations Manager. I can send a resume to whomever.

MooreTrucker
AG
Can't help with the job thing, but looking forward to meeting you at some point.
Creek06
AG
Bump...no luck so far.
Creek06
AG
bump
Tatem
we are thinking about moving here also. any thoughts about the good and bad?
CanyonAg77
AG
Good, the people.
Bad, the weather in March.
MooreTrucker
AG
Good, ,the weather the rest of the year. Don't be worried about the dust storms, They really are a lot less frequent that people think.

Sunny and hot and gorgeous today.
Hamburger Dan
After being born and raised in Wichita Falls, I took a job out here last June. I have yet to find anything serious to complain about. Yes, March and April is windy with dust. But not everyday. Even if the temps are in the 90's, It cools off quickly at night. We built a house, in a new neighborhood & moved in about 10 weeks ago. People are great. You can drive anywhere in town in less than 15 minutes. Lots of places to eat and hang out. Some places around town are a little shady, but remember, I lived in Wichita Falls - so nothing new. We have been pleasantly surprised.
wreckncrew
AG
Good place to raise a family.

Bad are all the raider fans.
WestTexasAg
AG
I agree on the weather. March, April and May will have miserable (and good) days, but the rest of the year is pretty good overall.
Creek06
AG
Great place to live, we don't regret it at all.
West Texas wind is something you just deal with but the rest of the time it is pretty comfortable. Even the 112 degree day we had the evening wasn't terrible.

Lived in a lot of places and Lubbock is my favorite except Aggieland of course.
MooreTrucker
AG
Save the date!! November 18. The Lubbock A&M Club will be hosting a special diner/yell practice/game watching party for the Ole Miss game. Details coming as arrangements are firmed up.

Also, we'll be having game watching parties for every game at the Back 40 Grill, 98th and Slide.

Finally, we're working on a concert by the Singing Cadets sometime in the spring of 2018.
thesleepstation
Sponsor
AG
Am I the only one that thinks that Lubbock is a great place to eat? I always eat good when in town!
MooreTrucker
AG
thesleepstation said:

Am I the only one that thinks that Lubbock is a great place to eat? I always eat good when in town!
More restaurants per capita than anyplace else
cottonpatchag
AG
More designer custom kitchens, more super nice outdoor patio kitchens, and more people standing in lines to eat at a bazillion restaurants than anywhere around..............
CanyonAg77
AG
MooreTrucker said:

thesleepstation said:

More restaurants per capita than anyplace else
I've heard that asserted about Amarillo, too.

And it's been downhill since I-27 took out Sirloin for Steaks.

cottonpatchag
AG
Cheese rolls

And the lil wrangler plate at Underwoods was the best BBQ in town! Plus the prize egg at the end
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.