One of my proudest moments as a parent

1,834 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by jtp01
jtp01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So, I just want to brag on my oldest son a little bit.

Last Friday, he celebrated his 8th birthday with several friends. What makes this unique, he asked if his friends could bring donations for the food bank instead of gifts.

He thought he could do a little more, and decided to spend some of his own birthday money he received from his grandparents to buy cake mix, frosting and candles for the food bank as well. He told us "he didn't want somebody else to not have a birthday cake on their birthday".

We delivered the donations to the food bank yesterday afternoon, and it was a pure joy to see my little boy walk proudly in the door and deliver his contribution.

He said he has been thinking about this since Christmas (we've always participated in the Angel Tree)

Pardon the rambling, I'm just very proud of my son.
CanyonAg77
Rocky Top Aggie
NewArmy69
powerbiscuit
my eight year old girl came home from school with the gag "shhhhhhh....IT" the other day, such a proud moment to have to explain to your precious angel why it isn't a good idea to run around saying "****"
jtp01
AG
We have those moments also. Especially when a 4 year old drops that one at school. I'll give you one guess who got the blame on that one.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.