Anyone familiar with Schwarz Etienne watches?

690 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by JLWrightCoHorology
TexAgs Sponsors
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
Howdy,

Some news on our end - J.L. Wright & Co. is now an authorized dealer for Schwarz Etienne, and the only one in Texas.



They're a small independent in La Chaux-de-Fonds, founded in 1902, and nearly every part of their watches is made within their own group of workshops there: the movements and micro-rotors, the bridges and plates, the escapement, the case parts, and even the hairsprings.

That last one is rare. Most of the industry buys hairsprings from outside suppliers, and only a handful of watchmakers anywhere produce their own. Output is a few hundred watches a year, so you'll rarely see one in person.




Our first pieces are on their way to Houston now. If you'd like to see them when they land, reply here, text 713-364-9558 or email me at jacob.wright@jlwrightco.com




See the collection at https://jlwrightco.com/pages/schwarz-etienne

For those who already know the brand, I'd like to hear how you came across them. For everyone else, happy to answer questions.



Gig 'em,
Jacob Wright '18
J.L. Wright & Co., House of Horology
jlwrightco.com




Vox Clamantis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm a watch autist and want to know every watch brand out there. I'd love one but it seems my favorite are all under 40mm which are unwearable
JLWrightCoHorology
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
Yeah their entire collection is 39mm.

I will actually pass that back to them as feedback. A 39mm is a pretty good "one size fits all" choice, but still too small for many.
AgLA06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JLWrightCoHorology said:

Yeah their entire collection is 39mm.

I will actually pass that back to them as feedback. A 39mm is a pretty good "one size fits all" choice, but still too small for many.


Seems these days everything has shifted to saucer plate sized watches. Even for guys with small wrists.

I have a large wrist and anything bigger than 41mm doesn't seem to wear under cuffs and is too large proportionally.

It's actually nice to see a collection stay in yhe 39-40mm slot.
Vox Clamantis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I would love to be able to wear 38-39mm watches but my wrist is almost 8" around and it just looks tiny
JLWrightCoHorology
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
Yeah those are some large wrists, I definitely understand the need to go larger.
JLWrightCoHorology
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
Yeah the market shifted larger, but there's an ongoing shift back to smaller sizes. Younger generations seem to be the driver.

Lots of great options in that 38-40mm range. I think Schwarz Etienne made the right call for a single case size.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.