What's the most expensive watch you've ever owned?

1,471 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by Seamaster
TexAgs Sponsors
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
Howdy,

I'm Jacob Wright '18, and I run J.L. Wright & Co., a private by-appointment watch house in Houston.
We carry three independent watchmakers you won't find at a jewelry store, and we're the only authorized dealer in Texas for all three.

ZRC was founded in Geneva in 1904 and built the Grands Fonds, the dive watch the French Navy adopted in 1964. The MN64 and Heritage models in our case today are direct descendants of that watch.







Edouard Koehn builds complicated pieces in Geneva in very small numbered series, often 25 or 50 of a reference worldwide. Their Legacy line includes a rattrapante, or split seconds chronograph, one of the most difficult complications in watchmaking.





Tutima Glashtte has built watches since 1927, from the first German flyback chronograph in 1941 to the service watch adopted by German and NATO pilots in 1984. Their first pieces arrive with us in September.




We also carry Bosphorus Leather Galata watch rolls. Each one is handmade in Turkey, using leathers sourced from tanneries in Turkey, Italy, and France. Suede lined with separable cushions to protect watches while traveling. A good watch roll is a must for anyone who travels with their watches. These are in stock here in Houston, so no international shipping or customs to deal with.

No walk-in floor, no pressure. Visits are one at a time, and most first visits are just a conversation about watches.

Always happy to discuss watches in general, what brands you should look at, which models would round out a collection, and anything else. I'll give you a straight answer even when it's "not from me."

Gig 'em,
Jacob Wright '18
J.L. Wright & Co., House of Horology
jlwrightco.com







Vox Clamantis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Congratulations, I'm sure I'll buy something
JLWrightCoHorology
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
Vox Clamantis said:

Congratulations, I'm sure I'll buy something


Thank you. I'm glad to hear you're not done collecting after your watch box filled up.I love your collection, would be thrilled to see something from me added to it.

Also "black Peter" is looking promising. Should know for sure next week.
wessimo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

JLWrightCoHorology
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
wessimo said:





Oh man, these are so cool. I am legitimately jealous.
Ryan the Temp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
$179 Fitbit. I'm too hard on timepieces and replaced too many crystals to wear something expensive.
Coog97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DuFrane Waterloo... $800.
“Things weren’t gentle and politically correct in those days. We weren’t candy asses. Okay?”
-Frank Borman

“Who are you to doubt El Dandy? ‘Cause this guy’s a serious professional.”
-Bret Hart
Sweep4-2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Garmin Forerunner 255.
Consistency: It's only a virtue if you're not a screw-up.
Seamaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Omega Seamaster circa 2004, which I subsequently sold to pay for private school tuition for my kids a few years later …
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.