Houston
Sponsored by

Xfinity?!?!

3,226 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Diggity
90 bull
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Finally came back around 9. Again no clue why
rononeill
Dont worry guys - I got you. I submitted this in Xfinity's Chief Customer Experience Officer's comment box - they're bound to take me up on my offer...

Hi Tom- we're located in Houston and recently went through the arrival of Beryl. While we experienced electrical issues much like the rest of the city, we managed with a generator and were able to keep safe and reasonably comfortable. What was and continues to be most frustrating, and equally confusing, is Xfinity's service behavior throughout the days following. The storm had hit and departed by 6pm Monday. We maintained Xfinity service through the entire storm- then lost service the following Tuesday morning. There was little to zero meaningful communication from Xfinity about why the service failed or when it could be reinstated. I'm sure there's a great reason, but that the service survived the arrival, presence, and departure of the storm- then died the next day makes zero sense unless it was intentional- not intentional in a bad way, but perhaps a controlled outage. Regardless, SOME kind of informative communication would have helped us endure your service issues. What made it more frustrating was seeing all of our ATT served neighbors continuing to enjoy their service-without interruption. Over the next several days, service was out- only to be restored the following Monday evening, to have it go out Tuesday morning, to have it come and go intermittently until yesterday, 7/19. it seems to be reliably on now, which is great. So now I try to call customer service to discuss what will happen to my bill for this period- and they tell me I have no service- and I can't speak to a human until it is restored. I just thought you'd be interested in hearing from a loyal customer about our recent experiences with your service. I'd love to chat if you have time as I'm concerned Xfinity is losing its grip on its residential customer base here in Houston- just this week I've seen 4 ATT install trucks, just on my block- and I'd hate to see that snowball without you having real-time, real, pulse of the people, feedback and a chance to make it right. Please call anytime!
GEA89
AG
We lost it for 6 days, wife called and got $60 off our bill. Worth a call
Texaggie7nine
Latest update now says we should have it back by the 22nd.
7nine
rononeill
They offer the credit on the website.
htxag09
AG
rononeill said:

They offer the credit on the website.

Yeah, just do the chat, and go through the prompts. Enter the dates and it'll prorate your monthly cost for the credit.
cashag95
AG
redaszag99 said:

I live in Friendswood and had power back on the evening of the storm but Xfinity didn't come back until last weekend.

My parents live South of Pearland and got power back last Wednesday and their Tmobile home 5G was rocking immediately when we couldn't get any data on our ATT and Verizon phones

I went and bought a T Mobile home 5G Thursday night and it worked great. I am going to keep it as a backup to Xfinity.

This is the actual home 5G router not a portable hot spot.

I just returned my T-Mobile 5G router and mesh antenna today after getting it a week ago due to Xfinity outage from the storm. I would have kept it, but their mesh antenna sucks and I could not get a reliable service towards the back of my house. When Xfinity came back online, I did some comparison speed tests, and I was pretty impressed with T-Mobile's speed, which was more than adequate for running multiple Teams meetings throughout the day and handled kids steaming needs. I'm in Pearland, and have a 5G T-Mobile tower in my neighborhood, so speed and signal strength is great for me. If T-Mobile can fix their mesh antenna issue, I will switch and drop Xfinity.
Diggity
AG
why not just hook the T-Mobile box up to your own mesh network (eero or the like)?

that's what I have done and it's pretty seamless.
cashag95
AG
My current mesh is using the xfinity pods
Diggity
AG
It's usually cheaper in the long run to buy your own mesh setup, rather than pay an extra monthly fee to use the providers.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.