Houston
Sponsored by

Shelia Jackson-Lee has pancreatic cancer?

8,900 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by BoxingAg84
dBoy99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is this legit - https://aubreyrtaylor.blogspot.com/2024/05/pancreatic-cancer-not-breast-cancer-has.html?
cryption
Good thing she isn't mayor
chilidogfood
AG
cryption said:

Good thing she isn't mayor
Ya, but fck cancer tho...
Al Bula
AG
lol wtf!? This shi* is nuts.
Quote:

Former Mayor Sylvester Turner could ultimately go down in history as one of the most corrupt mayors in American history. Turner has never been punished for his alleged bid-rigging and other forms of corruption that he's been engaging in, which date back decades, not to mention the suspected orgies he held with Black businessmen back during the 1990s. Many of them were the benefactors of the potentially rigged City of Houston contracts once "SLY" was able to weasel, squirm, slither, and manipulate his way into becoming Mayor of Houston after several failed attempts. And now "SLY" wants to succeed the Honorable Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee when she steps aside? No freaking way!!! Former Mayor Sylvester Turner, according to sources, is very ill and doesn't need to ever hold public office again.
Diggity
AG
seems like a super legit source
Marvin_Zindler
AG
She had a covering over her head at one of the press conferences after the storms a few weeks back. Thought it was weirded than normal for her.
trip
AG
Al Bula said:

Quote:

Former Mayor Sylvester Turner could ultimately go down in history as one of the most corrupt mayors in American history. Turner has never been punished for his alleged bid-rigging and other forms of corruption that he's been engaging in, which date back decades, not to mention the suspected orgies he held with Black businessmen back during the 1990s. Many of them were the benefactors of the potentially rigged City of Houston contracts once "SLY" was able to weasel, squirm, slither, and manipulate his way into becoming Mayor of Houston after several failed attempts. And now "SLY" wants to succeed the Honorable Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee when she steps aside? No freaking way!!! Former Mayor Sylvester Turner, according to sources, is very ill and doesn't need to ever hold public office again.

I have heard he prefers men from someone close to him.
Ryan the Temp
AG
You lost me at Aubrey Taylor. He'll say anything if you pay him enough.

But in all seriousness, the rapid decline in her appearance since the election does look like it could be pancreatic cancer.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
trip said:

Al Bula said:

Quote:

I thought that was pretty widely known after the whole airport intern thing.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Marvin_Zindler said:

trip said:

Al Bula said:

Quote:

I am not convinced that situation was what some folks tried to blow it up into. Turner had a habit of telling city departments to find positions to hire his friends. Maybe this one just got more attention because the position was classified as an internship, but there were times when I used to manage HR for a division of Public Works I was told the mayor wanted me to find so-and-so a position and hire them immediately. In one instance, I had to hire someone with a long DV rap sheet who would never have been allowed to work for the city due to the nature of those offenses, not to mention he didn't meet the minimum qualifications for the position.

Is it possible there was some truth to the rumors? Sure, but it's also possible patronage is the more likely answer.
maroon barchetta
His refusal to admit he knew the boy toy that got the IAH job, despite multiple instances of news footage showing said boy toy getting into or out of the vehicle Sly was riding in, made it seem like something was definitely being swept under the rug.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

Marvin_Zindler said:

trip said:

Al Bula said:

Quote:

I am not convinced that situation was what some folks tried to blow it up into. Turner had a habit of telling city departments to find positions to hire his friends. Maybe this one just got more attention because the position was classified as an internship, but there were times when I used to manage HR for a division of Public Works I was told the mayor wanted me to find so-and-so a position and hire them immediately. In one instance, I had to hire someone with a long DV rap sheet who would never have been allowed to work for the city due to the nature of those offenses, not to mention he didn't meet the minimum qualifications for the position.

Is it possible there was some truth to the rumors? Sure, but it's also possible patronage is the more likely answer.
The rot runs long and deep. That's so shady.
maroon barchetta
Username checks out
Coog97
Marvin_Zindler said:

trip said:

Al Bula said:

Quote:

This was well known after Dolcefino wrecked Sly's mayoral candidacy in the mid-90s.
“Things weren’t gentle and politically correct in those days. We weren’t candy asses. Okay?”
-Frank Borman

“Who are you to doubt El Dandy? ‘Cause this guy’s a serious professional.”
-Bret Hart
CheeseSndwch
Is this why SJL ran for mayor? I could never figure out what her true motivation was. If she had won she would have stayed relevant in politics, reduced her travel requirements and been close to the med center for any foreseeable treatment.
CyAg86
AG
Sky had a friend, probably lover, who he helped fake his death back in the '80's in a life insurance scam. Dolcefino was involved uncovering the scam and there was a Dateline episode about it. He has been a con man for 40+ years.
Coog97
CyAg86 said:

Sky had a friend, probably lover, who he helped fake his death back in the '80's in a life insurance scam. Dolcefino was involved uncovering the scam and there was a Dateline episode about it. He has been a con man for 40+ years.

Quote:

Sylvester Turner's client "disappeared" in Galveston Bay and was later found in a Spanish prison…after the insurance paid on the life insurance claim. During Sylvester's first campaign for Houston mayor in 1991, Wayne Dolcefino found him living in a house with Dwight Thomas (since the home Turner owned with his wife was outside the city). Dwight had introduced Sylvester to a man named Sylvester Foster a "male model" and "hairdresser." Turner prepared a will for Foster who then went missing from a boat in Galveston Bay and then worked to probate the will and have Foster declared dead in order to collect the life insurance funds.

https://bigjolly.com/tag/sylvester-foster/

“Things weren’t gentle and politically correct in those days. We weren’t candy asses. Okay?”
-Frank Borman

“Who are you to doubt El Dandy? ‘Cause this guy’s a serious professional.”
-Bret Hart
maroon barchetta
I saw that Dateline episode. It was a really weird case.
Bondag
AG
CheeseSndwch said:

Is this why SJL ran for mayor? I could never figure out what her true motivation was. If she had won she would have stayed relevant in politics, reduced her travel requirements and been close to the med center for any foreseeable treatment.

I think she saw how much Turner was making off the grift and wanted a piece.

And they wanted to keep it in the family. All their inside people like the OBO grift have resigned or been let go already.
htxag09
AG
CyAg86 said:

How can you not be proud to call a man like that your (former) mayor?!
Mas89
AG
Once upon a time, the FBI and other federal agencies would investigate and bring federal charges for government theft. I think now they are a part of it. After seeing Sly, Rodney Ellis, etc not have the Feds bring charges, one can only assume the local Feds in charge are on the take also.

This must vary between jurisdictions as the FBI and OIG cleaned house in the Beaumont School District a decade ago. Multiple " administrators " plead guilty to federal crimes. Would like to know which government job those convicts are performing today.

Al Bula
AG
Yeah, I'm sure Sly and Ellis have the much coveted title of federal CI so they can rat on small time thugs but maintain they cheeeeeeeeeel-ness and corruption.
12thMan9
AG
maroon barchetta said:

His refusal to admit he knew the boy toy that got the IAH job, despite multiple instances of news footage showing said boy toy getting into or out of the vehicle Sly was riding in, made it seem like something was definitely being swept under the rug.
Which makes him a top notch (D) candidate.
Ronnie '88
BoxingAg84
It's official.
BBRex
AG
I wonder who wrote that?
Al Bula
AG
BBRex said:

I wonder who wrote that?
It was either Boo Boo or Sh-t Ass. Possibly F-ck Face.

Jerome didn't write it because he OD'ed.
Ryan the Temp
AG
After 30 years her office is finally going to start providing constituents with the services they deserve?
Ghost91
Let this be a lesson to everyone - you have GOT to pull that mask up over your nose.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Is there a pool going for what street they will rename in her honor?

I think it will be Crosstimbers. New name will be Crownweavetimbers.
Irish 2.0
Ryan the Temp said:

After 30 years her office is finally going to start providing constituents with the services they deserve?
If they're willing to get behid Edwards, SJL should drop her re-election bid now and enjoy the time she has left with her family.

Pancreatic cancer is basically death sentence. She won't be able to fulfill her duties while in treatment because the treatment regiment is extremely intensive and invansive.

She should take this time to be with her family. I've seen how quickly pancreatic cancer attacks and her days are numbered.
YellAg2004
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

If they're willing to get behid Edwards, SJL should drop her re-election bid now and enjoy the time she has left with her family.

Pancreatic cancer is basically death sentence. She won't be able to fulfill her duties while in treatment because the treatment regiment is extremely intensive and invansive.

She should take this time to be with her family. I've seen how quickly pancreatic cancer attacks and her days are numbered.
Yep. It wouldn't be surprising if she doesn't even make it to November...not that that will stop her constituents from re-electing her.
Bondag
AG
YellAg2004 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

Yep. It wouldn't be surprising if she doesn't even make it to November...not that that will stop her constituents from re-electing her.

Dead people voting for dead people. What a time to be alive.
maroon barchetta
Bondag said:

YellAg2004 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

Dead people voting for dead people. What a time to be alive.

Or dead.
Bondag
AG
Kenneth_2003
AG
That reads like the start of a registration
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.