Houston
Sponsored by

Pool builder memorial / spring valley

2,630 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by aggies4life
aggies4life
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who are the best pool pool builders in the area?
Best value pool builder?

Any to stay away from?

Thanks!
Diggity
AG
When they see you're in Spring Valley, all "value" will go out the window.
DDub74
you will be zip coded for sure. We talked to Supreme Pools last year and they seemed good, but didn't pull the trigger because they quoted $105-$125K.
JDUB08AG
AG
DDub74 said:

you will be zip coded for sure. We talked to Supreme Pools last year and they seemed good, but didn't pull the trigger because they quoted $105-$125K.
You aren't going to find much better unless you want to start going smaller and/or downgrade.
ccolley68
AG
One to stay far far away from, Maroon Pools, or whatever name he goes by now. Guys name is Mike Mojica. Tried to play the Aggie card with the name and everything, but he's 100% a scam artist. Took us at about 95% money paid and less than 50% pool finished. Did the same thing in College Station to a bunch of folks and got arrested for it in the middle of our build, a felony theft charge. He failed to mention that to us, but certainly explains why he went radio silent for a while before we started digging deeper.

Luckily my uncle owns a big GC and knew some folks that could help us get it finished. Cost me a bunch extra, but from what I understand now, is more the norm than the exception in the world of pool building sadly. We got ours finished by Azteca Pools at the recommendation of my Uncle. Lorenzo and Oscar are the owners/brothers. Give them a call.

It won't be cheap no matter what you do, but take a lesson from us and not get what you pay for. Cough it up on the front side and get a reputable builder and good work, otherwise it will cost you what the more expensive guys quoted when it's all said and done.
aggies4life
AG
Anyone else!?!
DDub74
Call Supreme Pools. They were good to deal with we just wanted to move into the new house first and may do a pool next Spring.
12thMan9
AG
aggies4life said:

Who are the best pool pool builders in the area?
Best value pool builder?

Any to stay away from?

Thanks!
Talk to the home builders in the area & see who they use.
Ronnie '88
SnowboardAg
AG
I would talk to Watts. They seemed good but our plans changed.

I would NOT use Outdoor Elements or Allied Outdoor Solutions.
JDUB08AG
AG
My only recommendation is never ever go for a "value" when building a pool. Even good reputable builders are only as good as the quality of equipment and materials.

You want to cut down on cost, look at pool size, features and decking. Travertine is the go to these days, but there are some other decking options that are much cheaper.

Also, consider resale. You'll never recoup the costs but a good looking pool will only help you sell when the time comes. You can tell when a builder cuts corners.
aquaboss98
AG
We had a pool build this past year and used Precision Pools out of Sugarland (we are in Cypress). They did a good job. They will start with the basic pool and then add your upgrades. Once you start doing that, you could easily get into the 100K range if you want a lot of stuff. However, you could also be well under that if you are looking for the basics. We have what I feel is a very nice pool and were under 80K. We put in an oversized spa but no fire pits, rock walls, slides, etc.
Gig 'Em '98

DiskoTroop
Watt's is good people. Touch base with them.
chuydominguez
Can i send you a DM about this builder as I am considering them
aquaboss98
AG
Sure thing
Gig 'Em '98

htx97
AG
Mark Diebert
MD Pools

Pm for his phone

Good guy
aggies4life
AG
Looking to get this ball moved soon.

Anyone build recent?
Any other recommendations?

Anyone used cypress customs pools or definitive pools and design?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.