Houston
Sponsored by

What to do- Cypress area this Friday with 12 yo boys

4,181 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by drumboy
skelly02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Htown board,
I'm heading to Cypress area this Friday night for a 12 yo boys Saturday basketball tournament. i lived in Houston for 10 years, but that was a decade ago, and I'm not super familiar with the cypress part of town.

What should we do Friday night? Aggie baseball, rockets and Astros are all out of town. Is there a Dave and busters or something similar in that area we could head to? Other recs?

Oh, and teeteries are off limits- my son's not ready for that kind of education yet.
BG Knocc Out
There's an Andretti indoor go kart complex at 99/I-10 that looks like it might be fun for kids. Never been but 12 year old me would probably be all about it. It's technically Katy but we can get there in 12-15 min from our place in Cypress and we are not very close to 99. And those are real minutes, not shortened Tine Board suburban minutes.

redaszag99
Search for high school cheerleading competition in the area

That would have been enjoyable at 12yo
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
You can get to Bissonnette in just 30 minutes.
BMX Bandit
Milwaukees Best Light said:

You can get to Bissonnette in just 30 minutes.
that the british spelling?
BMX Bandit
the cool thing to take kids to these days is drag shows. check to see what the local library has this weekend.
Agz_2003
AG
Top Golf Katy? Not too far away.
12th Man Ag
AG
The baseball version of TopGolf? The Tiger Woods miniature golf place?
cab559
AG
Agz_2003 said:

Top Golf Katy? Not too far away.
Not too far away, just like the commute from Katy to downtown.
Texaggie7nine
Main Event is like D&B. Closest to you will probably be Tomball Main Event but the Katy one isn't that much further. IT'z on 249 is similar and also has some rides/rock climbing stuff. Top Golf in Spring or Katy.
Battlefield Houston off 290 near BW8 is like a modern combat simulation laser tag.
K1 Speed indoor carting by BW 8 and 290 and the Adretti indoor gocar place mentioned earlier in Katy, that one is next to Tiger Woods new Pop Stroke putt putt
7nine
Jack Klompus
AG
There's a rock climbing gym near Bridgeland. Might be fun for them.
Ag_07
AG
I can't add anything useful to the conversation...My childlike sense of humor finds it ironic that Tiger Woods has a putt putt facility called Pop Stroke
BG Knocc Out
BMX Bandit said:

the cool thing to take kids to these days is drag shows. check to see what the local library has this weekend.
This, crashing mother's day out in Montrose could be fun. Solid rec. Bring your bats.

cypress-ag
AG
Hotwells is the answer. Bring some guns and let them shoot in a controlled enviroment!
AgToadie
Not Dave and Busters by any means, but Frio Grill off Mueschke has a nice outdoor turf area the kids can run around on. Good drinks and food. If the rain stops by that evening it'd be a good spot.

Inspire Rock is the name of the rock climbing gym mentioned earlier. Off House and Hahl.

There's an Urban Air off 290 between Hwy 6 and Huffmeister.

Cut Cinema is a nice new movie theater near 290/Mason. Mario movie and a bunch of other stuff is showing this week.
drumboy
AG
Andretti looks much cooler and the elevation is fun, but K1 on 290 is much faster.
Jack Klompus
AG
AgToadie said:

There's an Urban Air off 290 between Hwy 6 and Huffmeister.
Urban Air truly is "urban" IYKWIM. Would not recommend.
NoahAg
Cypress, huh?
You could head to Galveston for a bit. Just 30 minutes away.
Or see what's going on around the Woodlands waterway. Also 30 minutes.
Maybe Kema? Solid 30 minutes.
cajunaggie08
AG
cypress-ag said:

Hotwells is the answer. Bring some guns and let them shoot in a controlled enviroment!
They've closed permanently.
TarponChaser
that had to have been terrifying for those babies
Agasaurus Tex
AG
Looks like a good chance for rain or Top Golf would be fun even for those who have never picked up a golf club. That Andretti go cart track looks awesome.
Ryan the Temp
AG
BMX Bandit said:

There's always Hamburger Mary's.
ptothemo
AG
Holy hell, I didn't know about this Andretti place until this thread. Go-karting sure has come a long way from the old days of an okay concrete track with rusty guard rails and a bunch of old tires thrown around it and karts that would spit and backfire on a constant basis - all maintained and run by people who looked like they weren't that far away from their last and next meth fix.
12thMan9
AG
NoahAg said:

Cypress, huh?
Signed,

Not an area resident.
Ronnie '88
BG Knocc Out
ptothemo said:

Holy hell, I didn't know about this Andretti place until this thread. Go-karting sure has come a long way from the old days of an okay concrete track with rusty guard rails and a bunch of old tires thrown around it and karts that would spit and backfire on a constant basis - all maintained and run by people who looked like they weren't that far away from their last and next meth fix.
Speaking of...I didn't realize this place was still running. Talk about a time warp...

cypress-ag
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

cypress-ag said:

Say it ain't so ....
BG Knocc Out
cypress-ag said:

I miss hearing the gun shots in the distance from my parents place in Cypress Creek Lakes. Always reminded me of Oak Forest.
cajunaggie08
AG
cypress-ag said:

cajunaggie08 said:

cypress-ag said:

Say it ain't so ....
The land is for sale for a cool $8.5 Million. It will most likely become another neighborhood or a collection of warehouses/industrial space
BG Knocc Out
cajunaggie08 said:

cypress-ag said:

cajunaggie08 said:

cypress-ag said:

Say it ain't so ....
The land is for sale for a cool $8.5 Million. It will most likely become another neighborhood or a collection of warehouses/industrial space
The area could really use a Marco's/Dry Cleaner/Nail Salon/liquor store.
skelly02
AG
Thanks for the replies. We have some good ideas from this thread
Poot
12thMan9 said:

NoahAg said:

Cypress, huh?
Signed,

Not an area resident.

Who's going to tell them?
pasquale
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

cypress-ag said:

cajunaggie08 said:

cypress-ag said:

Say it ain't so ....

Cypress is a hotspot for industrial warehouse space
Buford T. Justice
AG
Check out Fame City.
Wait, it's no longer 1988.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

Check out Fame City.
Wait, it's no longer 1988.
All of these places are a distant memory but U.S. Golf & Games behind Almeda Mall has been chugging along for 35+ years. How does that place survive but Peppermint Park, Astroworld, Fame City, etc are all gone? It must be a front for drug money.
Buck Turgidson
BG Knocc Out said:

BMX Bandit said:

This, crashing mother's day out in Montrose could be fun. Solid rec. Bring your bats.

White women are REALLY pissing me off lately.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.