Houston
Sponsored by

Sugar Land Skeeters rebranding

9,941 Views | 104 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Jugstore Cowboy
chico
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
94chem said:

And the field could be called the Plantation. And the luxury boxes could be called Master's Quarters. I mean, if we want to truly remember the city's history...
yep
tk for tu juan
Nice homage to Tommy Seebach on this one:

GoAgs92
AG
Sugar Land Canes
aftershock
GoAgs92 said:

Macon Bacon.

I know it's hockey, but they were taking about Macon Whoopee yesterday on the radio. Apparently Macon is pretty good at minor league sports teams.
Stat Monitor Repairman
chico said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Booma94 said:

New mascot is Maurice and they'll be planting a peach tree in center field ala the former Tal's Hill at MMP.
Only thing worse than Tal's hill was the live Enron stock ticker at field level.

RIP tal's hill and Enron stock ticker.
they really had an Enron stock ticker?!?! don't remember that - what a horrible idea
It was real.

Nobody wants to talk about it but 100% real.

RIP Enron stock ticker.
BBRex
AG
I hope they have a screen they can play the first minute of this clip on:

JYDog90
AG
HTownAg said:

htxag09 said:

The ****ing space cowboys
Absolutely terrible. Been a season ticket holder for years..........won't be going back
Seriously? You won't be going back? This is your protest?
Formerly Willy Wonka
JYDog90
AG
chico said:

Booma94 said:

New mascot is Maurice and they'll be planting a peach tree in center field ala the former Tal's Hill at MMP.
Only thing worse than Tal's hill was the live Enron stock ticker at field level.

they really had an Enron stock ticker?!?! don't remember that - what a horrible idea

Formerly Willy Wonka
RingOfive
AG
I guess I'm in the minority, but I love the name. It embraces and combines two very different yet prominent aspects of the city while also incorporating a famous, well-known song. The logo is great, too.

Regarding the Texans, I hate the name. It's the most boring, cop-out name of any sports franchise. It's no different than calling a team the Miami Floridians or the Los Angeles Californians. It's boring and vanilla just like everything else about the franchise.
Charlie Murphy
Dumb name but I'll still go. It's kind of a good time and a decent deal.
cajunaggie08
AG

chico said:

Booma94 said:

It was real.

RIP Enron stock ticker.
I think it showed a bunch of other local company stocks too, it wasn't just on Enron's. It eventually switched to just showing the game's score and out of town scores between innings
FarmerJohn
AG
I think it showed the stock symbols of sponsor companies now that you mention it. I even think it lasted for a few years after the renaming to Minute Maid, but I might be wrong on that.
AgLA06
AG
Does the organization still hold the rights to the Colt .45s?
AgCPA95
AG
FarmerJohn said:

I think it showed the stock symbols of sponsor companies now that you mention it. I even think it lasted for a few years after the renaming to Minute Maid, but I might be wrong on that.
We were on it and not a sponsor of the Astros. I think they tried to get all (or most) Houston based public companies.
Stat Monitor Repairman
I remember a dedicated led stock ticker just for Enron stock. Seems like it was on the third base line at field level.

I remember the ticker with Houston based companies as well where it would flash three or so companies at a time, but I remember Enron had its own dedicated ticker.

Its 20+ years ago so I'm probably wrong, but I got a clear memory of this dedicated Enron ticker.

Anyone remember this?

Cromagnum
AG

Looks like Cobra Commander put on a cowboy hat.

wessimo
AG
Mascot?
agnatgas
AG
Scoreboard used to show energy prices

See link

AMW2010
AG
Bregxit said:

GoAgs92 said:

Macon Bacon.

The Flying Chanclas

I see your Flying Chancla… and raise you a Puffy Taco…

https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/02/11/san-antonio-missions-to-play-as-puffy-tacos/baseball/
Charlie Murphy

chico said:

Booma94 said:

It was real.

RIP Enron stock ticker.
Not to defend Enron but most companies track and highlight their stock price.
Mr.Ackar07
cajunaggie08 said:

I'm guessing they'll snatch the name the Texans rejected and go with Apollos

The Houston Apollos are an already existing baseball team. They were exclusively a traveling team in the American Association, an independent league, but are seeking admittance into a new league as last year was a temporary deal.
slavy06
AG
Those Nat gas prices tho…
Jock 07
AG
Don't know if it's the craziest mascot out there but whenever I'm in Montgomery I'm always amused that their team is the biscuits.

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Mr.Ackar07 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

I'm guessing they'll snatch the name the Texans rejected and go with Apollos

The Houston Apollos are an already existing baseball team. They were exclusively a traveling team in the American Association, an independent league, but are seeking admittance into a new league as last year was a temporary deal.

Why does a travel only team need to be from somewhere?
. . .

ChipFTAC01
AG
Why the hell would they not name their mascot Maurice?
BBRex
AG
The hat with the SL logo is actually pretty cool.
JYDog90
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Why the hell would they not name their mascot Maurice?

Totally agree. Failure.
Formerly Willy Wonka
jamesf
AG
My 8-year-old son's reaction:

"That's not a great name"
"Although the logo is pretty cool"
He then asked about the mascot, and was fully on board. I would say give it a year, and everyone will come around.
Chewy
AG
I thought Skeeters was a great independent name for the area but get the tie to the Astros with Space Cowboys. I'm on good with it at this point.

Although I do still think letting the Rangers have Round Rock as their AAA is a bad move from a state ownership standpoint.

The Astros used to own this state prior to getting off Fox Sports and losing Round Rock the first time. The Rangers were really only a DFW team.

They got Round Rock, made back to back WS, and then got Fox Sports all to themselves really growing their presence in this state. My family in Victoria still can't watch Astros games on cable so they watch the Rangers. My 11 year old nephew is a Rangers fan even though they suck because he can't watch the Astros on cable.
ptothemo
AG
Is it just me or do two of the hats look very gray in the stand-alone pictures but very black in the picture with the players?

Either way, the hats are the best part of this whole deal. The name and jerseys (particularly having to put Space Cowboys on two levels on the home whites) leave a whole lot to be desired.
The Kraken
AG

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
spadilly
S
The orange brimmed hat look fantastic.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
At least they're not the Colon Cowboys.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

At least they're not the Colon Cowboys.
I don't want to know where you picked up that phrase.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.