Houston
Sponsored by

Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion

2,490 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TXTransplant
texasaggie2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just recently moved to The Woodlands and will be headed to see Brooks and Dunn at Cynthia Woods on Friday night. A couple quick questions.

- Any advice for sitting on the lawn? Early arrival, lawn chair rental, etc
- Any decent bars close by to grab drinks before or after?

Thanks!
StillNotAnAggie
Goose's Acre is on the Waterway and then you can go in the back entrance, a lot of the time that line is shorter. Or you could try Mahoney's (I think) or the new Mexican place for drinks out on the patio. All of those are within short walking distance on the Waterway.

As far as the lawn, you can rent chairs, but we normally just bring a blanket. If you want to be at the front of the lawn I suggest getting there early, but it's not really that bad to sit anywhere out there.
TXTransplant
Also along the waterway right across from Goose's Acre are Cyclone Anaya's and Grimaldi's Pizza. A little further up (toward the movie theater) is The Refuge, Baker St (probably the most "traditional" bar), Morton's Steakhouse, and TRIS, which has a great happy hour.

At Market Street, you've got Tommy Bahamas, Jaspers, and Cru (more of a wine bar).

All are within walking distance.
Texaggie7nine
Another benefit to getting there early for lawn seats is if there are large sections of of the upper levels of seating that went unsold for a concert, they will hand out free seat upgrades to the first people with lawn tickets that get in the gates.

I will usually check ticketmaster or whatever the day before the concert to see how many chair tickets are available to see how likely an upgrade will be.
7nine
Marvin_Zindler
AG
A concert on the lawn at Cynthia Woods on seasonal fall night is one of the better things you can do in Houston.
Texaggie7nine
Marvin_Zindler said:

A concert on the lawn at Cynthia Woods on seasonal fall night is one of the better things you can do in Houston.
If there is a good enough show on, I prefer Miller Outdoor where you can bring a whole cooler of whatever food and beer/wine you want with you.
7nine
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
This. The Pavilion is my favorite place in greater Houston to watch a concert.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

Any advice for sitting on the lawn?
Are you cool? No i mean, are you cool?
kubiak03
AG
Really is a great venue for concerts, especially with the dinning/drink options nearby and easy parking

Many times would just tailgate in the business parking lots they use for concert parking.

Probably the only issue is the shut down time (11:00?) that keeps bands from playing longer
Aggie
AG
Going for first time Friday also.
What best option for parking.. surface lot not garage.

cena05
AG
fify - A concert on the lawn at Cynthia Woods on seasonal fall night is one of the better things you can do miles away from Houston.

I like the venue, but hate the drive and traffic there.
cajunaggie08
AG
Aggie said:

Market street is closer, but they have signs saying they will tow you if you are going to the pavilion. So unless you are dining at somewhere in the complex, its just not worth the risk to me. I've always parked in the free lots shown on the map.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

Aggie said:

Market street is closer, but they have signs saying they will tow you if you are going to the pavilion. So unless you are dining at somewhere in the complex, its just not worth the risk to me. I've always parked in the free lots shown on the map.
Just park at the mall and walk it.
TXTransplant
There should be another surface lot available for parking at the NE corner of Waterway Ave and Timberloch that's not on the map. Waterway Ave is the next north/south road to the east of Six Pines. This lot usually charges when there are events, though.

I know you said no garage, but the garage just next door to the movie theater is free.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.