Houston
Sponsored by

HLSR - vaccine required ??

4,853 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YellAg2004
Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I have some tickets to George Strait in March at HLSR.

I venture to ticket sites to check out going rate for tickets from time to time.

On many sites it now says " proof of Vaccination may be required "

Has never said that before

Writing on the wall??

Could only imagine the uproar if that did happen.
cajunaggie08
AG
It may depend on who is technically the promoter/booker for the concerts. AXS is the site selling the tickets and they are a division of AEG which AEG came out and said they will require vaccines for all live shows at venues and festivals they own. I think the Rodeo is technically the promoter and AXS is just the ticket system they use so AEG may not be able to mandate it, but if the artist wants to make it a demand the Rodeo may have some tough decisions to make.
BMX Bandit
impossible to say what it will look like in March, but if it were today they'd have to allow vaccine OR negative covid test
Ducks4brkfast
AG
I can't imagine HLSR would require a vaccine, or any test for that matter, to enter. Regardless of what the artists want.
TXAG 05
AG
The lines to get in would be ridiculous if they had to check vaccines/tests for 70k+ people. Don't see it happening, although I'm sure Dora the Explorer will try hard to make it that way.

Chewy
AG
Sounds like the ticket site is just CYAing themselves in the instance it's required and there's no refund.

Nobody has any clue what's going to happen in March.
drumboy
AG
TXAG 05 said:

The lines to get in would be ridiculous if they had to check vaccines/tests for 70k+ people. Don't see it happening, although I'm sure Dora the Explorer will try hard to make it that way.

I wonder how they're going to handle this. Hawaii had a good system early on where you upload your test results and it gave you a QR code, same for re-entry to the US in a preflight check in June.

Jason Isbell is canceling concerts where the promoter won't require vaccines or tests, but 's a probably more woke than a few of the HLSR performers.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
jja79
AG
Garth Brooks has canceled his upcoming shows.
RK
AG
that's great news.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
RK said:

that's great news.
Garth is the GOAT
Aggie
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

RK said:

that's great news.
Garth is the GOAT

Garth is also pretty woke.
I'm not expecting George Strait to cancel due to Covid
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

RK said:

that's great news.
Garth is the GOAT
I thought Stevie Nix was the goat?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Harris County is the landlord, so it won't be just the HLSR board making decisions.

Maybe we can watch and see how they handle the big Cracker Barrel Battle of the Bands:
https://www.houstonsports.org/event/2021-cracker-barrel-national-battle-of-the-bands-presented-by-pepsi-zero-sugar/
Tabasco
AG
TXAG 05 said:

My wife and daughter went to lollapalooza at end of July/early August. 4 day music festival that required proof of vaccine or negative test within 48 hours. 100,000 people and they actually checked, and the lines were not bad (at least when they entered. Live nation has the same requirement for all of their shows/concerts. They went to All Time Low concert in Austin at Stubbs venue, and even though they had the same requirement, nobody checked. Nobody will do Vax only, but I could see Vax/negative test wrk things are running hot. They just have to put that in there in case it's needed at the time. If that happens, just get a quick negative test.
cajunaggie08
AG
Harry Lime said:

Harris County is the landlord, so it won't be just the HLSR board making decisions.

Maybe we can watch and see how they handle the big Cracker Barrel Battle of the Bands:
https://www.houstonsports.org/event/2021-cracker-barrel-national-battle-of-the-bands-presented-by-pepsi-zero-sugar/
And ASM Global is the building operator. They have yet to make it a requirement at all of their facilities, but they also manage the Superdome and Allegiant Stadium (Raiders Vegas Stadum) and both of those places will require vax/negative test to attend NFL games. Those decisions may have been due to local authorities/teams wishes.
Foamcows
AG
sounds like it could be easy money to sell blank vaccination cards outside the rodeo gates...
The Wonderer
AG
TABC has a belief that they can revoke alcohol permits for non-compliance with the law that says business cannot require proof of vaccination.

This should be a good time!
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Had our chairmen meeting yesterday, no mention of requiring vaccines yet. Masks are optional.
kevmiller
Would be ridiculous to mandate vaccine for HLSR... know your audience.

ptothemo
AG
Just reading HLSR and covid in the same sentence reminds me of the one sheriff's deputy from MoCo who apparently came to cookoff with covid. It was like one person shut down the whole damn thing.

Back in the day when covid cases were being provided with singular demographics and sometimes even the names of the people who tested positive. That feels like absolutely ages ago.

/nostalgia
94chem
That's one place where I wouldn't mind losing my sense of smell for the day.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
kelkel25
kevmiller said:

You do know who the County Judge is don't you?
She's the queen of ridiculous.

You watch, she and Mayor Cheeel are probably meeting rn to figure out when to roll this out.
Irish 2.0
kevmiller said:

Probably more of a reason she would do it.
TXAG 05
AG
Just announced Bun B will be playing the rodeo
HtownAg92
AG
kelkel25 said:

kevmiller said:

You do know who the County Judge is don't you?
She's the queen of ridiculous.

You watch, she and Mayor Cheeel are probably meeting rn to figure out when to roll this out.
You guys are thinking way too small. She's working diligently to keep the imminent death meter at Code Blood Red so that she can justify cancelling it again. March is simply not the time to let our guard down. Stay at home. Don't rodeo.
NoahAg
Dora will absolutely mandate proof of vaccination/negative test. I'd put money on it.
AustinCountyAg
what a conundrum.....all the out of towner go texan small town people spreading the vid that aren't vaxed, and then you have all the Harris County urban cowboy king ranch driving wanna be's all vaxxed up saving lives.

whatever will they do??

in all seriousness I can see them making everyone show proof of vacc or wearing a mask. They'd hate to be known has the "cowboys who started a super spreader event because they hate masks and vaccines"
Ag_07
AG
A) It wouldn't be a HLSR thread without AustinCo showing up calling out everyone who participates as a fake wannbe urban cowboy. Well done

B) They're already known as the cowboys who started a super spreader since it was last year's cook-off that got this whole shindig started.
jetch17
AG
Looks like Peepaw McDickfer will make vaxx mandates/neg test proof for large entertainment gatherings including sporting events, concerts etc

Quote:

The President's plan calls on entertainment venues like sports arenas, large concert halls, and other venues where large groups of people gather to require that their patrons be vaccinated or show a negative test for entry.
Ag_07
AG
If Gatekeeper's jobs didn't suck enough.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
It's going to be a phone app. I think Louisiana and some other states already have it.

As big as a pain in the ass paperless tickets at NRG already is, it's gonna be great to add a check of your medical records.
AustinCountyAg
Ag_07 said:

A) It wouldn't be a HLSR thread without AustinCo showing up calling out everyone who participates as a fake wannbe urban cowboy. Well done

B) They're already known as the cowboys who started a super spreader since it was last year's cook-off that got this whole shindig started.

glad someone recognizes a joke when they see one. Honestly I pray the commandant and her lib loser friends can stay the **** out of the way and let people live life without this vaccine proof crap to enter stadiums, concerts, etc.
Goodest Poster
AG
How you spend money is more valuable than your vote IMO.

If you dont agree, stay home.
YellAg2004
AG
My gut feeling is that there would be a mass exodus of HLSR volunteers if it was mandated. I'm not sure how they could pull the HLSR off if 25-50% of their volunteers said "No thanks", assuming the mandate would extend to them and anyone else inside the gates.
Daddy-O5
AG
YellAg2004 said:

My gut feeling is that there would be a mass exodus of HLSR volunteers if it was mandated. I'm not sure how they could pull the HLSR off if 25-50% of their volunteers said "No thanks", assuming the mandate would extend to them and anyone else inside the gates.
That'd be one way for Dora to shut it down.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.