Houston
Sponsored by

Real estate attorney (problematic neighbors)

5,324 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Diggity
Milwaukees Best Light
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
lancevance said:

Milwaukees Best Light said:

Wasn't the old answer to this issue coyote urine on their slab? Somebody got into actual trouble for saying this many years ago.

What would that do? Turn it into a coyote mating ground?
I don't remember. I was kinda hoping some OG would remember and retell the story. I wanna say it was RtT that got in trouble, but it was a long time ago.
BMX Bandit
http://swamplot.com/shawn-speer-will-not-stand-for-wolf-urine-on-his-slab/2010-06-24/

Quote:

According to Comet*, the workers didn't return to the jobsite for a few days after that. What happened next is not entirely clear; a few portions of the forum thread are no longer accessible online (Swamplot was able to piece the story together from Google's incomplete cache). Other forum posters expressed their support for Comet* and suggested various forms of retaliation. The last retrievable post in the thread came from a participant named Ryan the Temp, who posted a two-step plan: "Step 1 Get this: Step 2 Pour all over this." The steps were illustrated with the image of a bottle of deer-repelling wolf urine shown above, along with a second photo of a concrete slab.
The discussion thread in which Ryan the Temp describes his encounter with Speer (an Aggie himself and the son of former Royce Builders president John Speer, also a Texas A&M graduate) is still accessible online. "I exercised some poor judgment in posting a joke that was not taken as one," Ryan explains, "and I am now paying the consequences since I have chosen to freely give my real name on here in the past."
According to Ryan, who appears to be a city employee, Speer called senior management in his department and claimed that the wolf-urine post was somehow responsible for some unspecified vandalism at the jobsite. Speer complained that Ryan was "acting as an agent of the City in instructing people to commit criminal activity against him." (Actually, Ryan never identifies Speer by his first name, though his identity becomes clear from the context.)
After a conference with Ryan about "posting that could lend the appearance of being on the clock" (Ryan claims all but 2 of his forum posts were made from his phone during "discernible lunch or break times or after hours"), Ryan's managers encouraged him to call Speer himself to discuss the issue of criminal activity.
Ryan claims that Speer was "very non-specific" about whatever vandalism had occurred, but warned him that he would be notifying the Harris County Sheriff. (Ryan reports that the Sheriff's department "has had no calls for service at the project address in the past several days.") Ryan continues:
lancevance
BMX Bandit said:

http://swamplot.com/shawn-speer-will-not-stand-for-wolf-urine-on-his-slab/2010-06-24/

Quote:

According to Comet*, the workers didn't return to the jobsite for a few days after that. What happened next is not entirely clear; a few portions of the forum thread are no longer accessible online (Swamplot was able to piece the story together from Google's incomplete cache). Other forum posters expressed their support for Comet* and suggested various forms of retaliation. The last retrievable post in the thread came from a participant named Ryan the Temp, who posted a two-step plan: "Step 1 Get this: Step 2 Pour all over this." The steps were illustrated with the image of a bottle of deer-repelling wolf urine shown above, along with a second photo of a concrete slab.
The discussion thread in which Ryan the Temp describes his encounter with Speer (an Aggie himself and the son of former Royce Builders president John Speer, also a Texas A&M graduate) is still accessible online. "I exercised some poor judgment in posting a joke that was not taken as one," Ryan explains, "and I am now paying the consequences since I have chosen to freely give my real name on here in the past."
According to Ryan, who appears to be a city employee, Speer called senior management in his department and claimed that the wolf-urine post was somehow responsible for some unspecified vandalism at the jobsite. Speer complained that Ryan was "acting as an agent of the City in instructing people to commit criminal activity against him." (Actually, Ryan never identifies Speer by his first name, though his identity becomes clear from the context.)
After a conference with Ryan about "posting that could lend the appearance of being on the clock" (Ryan claims all but 2 of his forum posts were made from his phone during "discernible lunch or break times or after hours"), Ryan's managers encouraged him to call Speer himself to discuss the issue of criminal activity.
Ryan claims that Speer was "very non-specific" about whatever vandalism had occurred, but warned him that he would be notifying the Harris County Sheriff. (Ryan reports that the Sheriff's department "has had no calls for service at the project address in the past several days.") Ryan continues:

Whoa..same Ryan the Temp who used to post here (I am assuming). Interesting
BMX Bandit
The entire story is about Texags posts.
Sea Speed
AG
I just think its funny he would think there was another Aggie message board with a poster named Ryan the Temp
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Spread sugar all over the yard to feed the ants. Ants will travel great distances for sugar, and following all this rain AND COVID our little friends are hungry.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
Fitch
AG
Out of curiosity is this happening in this River Oaks?

Edit: wrong emoji
91AggieLawyer
AG
I wouldn't step one foot on that property. Any damage or suspected damage done will have the letter writer's fingerprints all over it.

Instead, I'd spend whatever money I planned to use to hire a lawyer and get a billboard in the area and post the address and when the parties usually occur. Then something related to "great time for swingers(1); owners don't mind if house is partied heavily in and trashed (2); might score some blow...(3)" crap like that. I'd use very vague vernacular. At the very least, there would be increased police patrols on the street.

Short term headaches? Sure but their party renters would dry up in a second and they'd either sell or rent it out to a respectable tenant. The sign comes down when a sales contract or lease is signed.

(1) You were under the impression there was a swingset in the back yard
(2) You have to take out the trash after a party
(3) Order a few Tootsie Roll pops and have them delivered to the address; keep the receipt

The other thing I might think about doing is, if I could grab a few old, cheap vehicles, park them in front of the house on party days.

Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I wasted a few minutes on the old Royce Builders threads and found this one that somehow ties into El Tiempo Katy: https://texags.com/forums/38/topics/1414250/0
Diggity
AG
crooked builders branching out to be crooked franchisers
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.