Houston
Sponsored by

Builders in Garden Oaks/Oak Forest

4,759 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by The Wonderer
$ock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There are a lot of new construction homes in the area and it feels like you see the same 4-5 builders doing most of the work. Anyone have any insight into which builders have the best reputation? Any that you would suggest avoiding?
MAS444
AG
Who are you talking about specifically? The ones I see most frequently are spec builders and I wouldn't use any of them. Call Daren Bartula 713-299-0838. He grew up in the area, lives there now and does great work. Also, Ridgewater Homes (Rit Johnson) and Southland Homes (Conor) do great work. If you're wanting the modern farmhouse type look, L&B is good.
Jeff Patel
AG
You might want to take a hard pass on Facundo. New Oak Homes in Oak Forest has had multiple properties developed there recently..
VictoryLapAg
AG
Partners in Building has a great reputation and they are very good builders. Easy process. I recommend checking them out.
htxag09
AG
VictoryLapAg said:

Partners in Building has a great reputation and they are very good builders. Easy process. I recommend checking them out.
No direct experience with them, but I do really like their various properties I've seen around town. At one point we were entertaining the thought of buying a lot and building and GOOF and they were high on our list.
W
AG
slightly off topic...

obviously poor people and the lower middle class are not buying these mcmansions or flipped houses going up left and right in Garden Oaks, Oak Forest, SPP, etc..,

so are the demographics changing (or going to change) at the HISD schools in the area including Black and Waltrip?

MAS444
AG
Of course. Oak Forest Elementary is very highly regarded. Garden Oaks Elementary too to a lesser degree. Those two, along with Sinclair Elementary (Timbergrove), feed into Black. I know parents of kids who go to Black and think it's improved a lot. However, the middle schools and especially high schools usually lag considerably.
drumboy
AG
I really like Alleanza houses and I'm pretty sure they still build in GOOF. We know the owner and talked to them before builder but got scared of the starting price....but considering we blew the budget on everything their price wasn't bad as long as the budgets were in line with their normal product.

T&W has built several houses near me in Timbergrove and they look good as well.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
MAS444
AG
Yeah Alleanza is another good one more on the custom side of things. T&W builds on the cheaper/spec side of things but is good bang/buck.
jja79
AG
2nd for Daren Bartula.

I would add Sergio Salazar 713 201 8626 and James Andreatos 832 545 8250.
K Bo
AG
We looked at building in OF a few months ago and ended up buying a rebuild. We liked most builders we walked through save for City Cottage.
htxag09
AG
K Bo said:

We looked at building in OF a few months ago and ended up buying a rebuild. We liked most builders we walked through save for City Cottage.
What'd you dislike about City Cottage? There is some stuff about them I don't love but do really like how they are limiting footprint, preserving backyard space, and building "normal" size homes, ~3,000 sq ft vs. the other builders completely filling the lot and building a 4,000+ sq ft home so they could charge $1mm+
K Bo
AG
That is a very fair point and I'll agree there.

The few City Cottage houses we walked through felt and seemed very cheaply built and we could tell immediately upon entering the houses (we have some friends that own a City Cottage house and corroborate the quality issues). I see them as a budget builder - quantity vs quality. From the street it looks like the offer a single floorplan with 3-4 different elevations. They sure do sell a sht ton of them, though.
aggieloko
AG
Aggie owned and they live in Oak Forest as well.
https://tcd-homes.com/
BenRev09
AG
jja79 said:

2nd for Daren Bartula.

I would add Sergio Salazar 713 201 8626 and James Andreatos 832 545 8250.
Do they do any remodel/addition work or strictly new builds?

Same question to any others that have mentioned builders.
jja79
AG
I've not had any of them build for me but have financed construction for others, including some here. All 3 are very good to work with. I don't know about Daren or James but I know Sergio has done some additions.
MAS444
AG
Daren has done some renovations/additions. Not sure of his schedule now but they'd generally need to be decent sized projects.
preston
Highly recommend Sergio (he's an Ag as well). Greyden Building Group is his company name. He did a full gut (to studs plus moving walls) custom remodel of a 3k sq. ft. 1970 home in Shepherd Park Plaza and we were very pleased. Make sure you know what you are getting into for custom. For us totally worth it but it was a huge time commitment. We used 4 Square to do the detailed design and then built with Sergio. 18 months all in. 10 months design (with some COVID delays) and Sergio took 8. He does custom builds and large scale remodels.
Michael651
$ock said:

There are a lot of new construction homes in the area and it feels like you see the same 4-5 builders doing most of the work. Anyone have any insight into which builders have the best reputation? Any that you would suggest avoiding?
Howdy! Oak Forest is a great community. I work for Partners In Building and have currently 7 homes being built in Oak Forest. I'd be happy to give you some insight on the building process. It's awesome to see a few people recommended us in this forum!
MAS444
AG
What's your average build cost/ft in Oak Forest?
jja79
AG
Sergio is an Ag and a civil engineer I believe.
$ock
What's your email?
$ock
On Facundo...

Was actually looking at a home built by them in 2015. Would you suggest avoiding them entirely, or do you think that you'd be comfortable (post inspection) with something of theirs that isn't a new construction?
WaynerAg03
We recently built with him. I've got some opinions. You can email me. Username at yahoo.
The Wonderer
AG
MAS444 said:

What's your average build cost/ft in Oak Forest?
First born
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.