Houston
Sponsored by

Service Dogs In The Mean Streets of Old Town Spring

10,411 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jack Cheese
Jack Cheese
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's a shame that little girl provoked that sweet furbaby service dog and tried to ruin the heartwarming story of the lady who adopts poor furbabies.

THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A PIT BULL IT'S A STAFFORDSHIRE TERRIER DALMATIANS BITE MORE THAN THESE SWEET STAFFORDSHIRES YES IT WAS A SERVICE
DOG

/pit bull owners
aggiedent
AG
What? Why should a business be sued over following governmental laws? That makes no sense.

But setting aside the service dog issue, I believe businesses should be allowed to do as they please. If they want it to be dog friendly (including restaurants) then that's their business. You can choose to use, or not use, the business as you see fit.

That's free market democracy.

Mandating what businesses can and can't do, right down to such issues as dog friendliness, is the mark of Big government. No thanks, I'll pass on that crap.

BBRex
AG
Quote:

The toddler's mother and her father, James Waldroup, were folding up the stroller at the door, but their friend Kimberly Parker was right behind the child when she encountered the dog.

The parents weren't actually watching their kid when it happened, so they don't really know if the kid provoked the dog, as the dog's owner said. The dog is a pitbull, and they have bad reputations for a reason. But I've also seen dog owners trying to keep kids away from their dog while parents ignore what's happening or refuse to intervene. Any dog might bite if a kid pokes them in the eye or pulls to their tails or does something else to provoke them, which little kids often do,.
SweaterVest
AG
BBRex said:

Quote:

The toddler's mother and her father, James Waldroup, were folding up the stroller at the door, but their friend Kimberly Parker was right behind the child when she encountered the dog.

The parents weren't actually watching their kid when it happened, so they don't really know if the kid provoked the dog, as the dog's owner said. The dog is a pitbull, and they have bad reputations for a reason. But I've also seen dog owners trying to keep kids away from their dog while parents ignore what's happening or refuse to intervene. Any dog might bite if a kid pokes them in the eye or pulls to their tails or does something else to provoke them, which little kids often do,.
Dog shouldn't have been in the restaurant. Whether the kid poked it in the eye or not is irrelevant...

People that have fake service dogs are selfish and ruin it for those that truly need them and have professionally trained service animals. These people should be punished and made an example of.
Jack Cheese
AG
BBRex said:

Quote:

You're right, she deserved it. Negligent parents should not fold up strollers and always be alert to possible pit bull service dogs with vests becoming violent. Good call.
MAS444
AG
Yeah! I mean think about the poor fur baby's feelings. He was probably (or at least kinda/sorta/maybe/I have no idea) provoked by the unruly child and therefore had no choice but to almost bite the little hellion's face off in a restaurant. Fur babies have rights too. Can the dog make a claim against the child's parents or the restaurant?
combat wombat™
AG
Aren't actual, real, trained service dogs trained to deal with annoying kids without ripping their faces off?
one MEEN Ag
AG
combat wombat said:

Aren't actual, real, trained service dogs trained to deal with annoying kids without ripping their faces off?

Yup. It's part of the dogs training. That's why breeding is so important to a service dog program because you just go 'yup, this ones predisposed for being territorial were not going to breed it and actually it's getting kicked out of the program.' There's a huge line to get service animal rejects from the seeing eye because they are still such good dogs. That's why that rescue program that tries to make service animals out of pit bulls is a crock of ***** That dog wasn't trained from birth to perform a service and had trainers knowingly traits selected to best perform its duties. It's taking dogs that have been neglected and try to overcome its upbringing and its inherit issues.
BBRex
AG
I won't argue that all. The dog should not have been there. I'm just saying there are plenty of kids who go unsupervised and provoke trouble that their parents don't see then blame on someone else.
ttuhscaggie
AG
I get called into the ER to sew up eyelid lacerations every so often when a little kid gets bit. All I'm going to say is that it's never a golden retriever... 99 times out of 100 it's the beloved family pit bull that has never hurt a fly who decided that today was the day he would rip a hole in little Timmy's face. Otherwise they are the perfect pet
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Jack Cheese
AG
BBRex said:

I won't argue that all. The dog should not have been there. I'm just saying there are plenty of kids who go unsupervised and provoke trouble that their parents don't see then blame on someone else.

Yes, if they'd been better parents then the 3 year old girl wouldn't have had her face chewed by a fake service dog pit bull. Way to precisely affix blame where it belongs. Another solid post.
Post removed:
by user
BBRex
AG
Do you let your young kids get close to pitbulls?
MAS444
AG
I don't if I can help it because I don't want their faces to be bitten off... but I'm damn sure not expecting pit bulls to be in a restaurant. And I'm probably a terrible parent but sometimes I let my kids off their leash and they'll occasionally venture more than a foot or two away from me.
Madman
AG
I think to this lady pit owner the dog serves two functions. Surrogate child and partner. Its her protector and baby wrapped up in one!

I don't see married women with children acting like this very often if ever.
Jack Cheese
AG
BBRex said:

Do you let your young kids get close to pitbulls?

No, I never do. I never let down my guard, even in a restaurant because I know dangerous pit bulls can be lurking literally anywhere. That's why my wife and I carried our kids in papooses until they were teenagers, when we put them on leashes.

I'm with you, bro. The most important thing to do now is precisely determine how much guilt the parents bear and affix the proper amount of blame on them. Because it could literally never happen to parents as good as you and I are.
BBRex
AG
I'm glad to hear it.

I'm not saying the woman should not have had that dog there. I'm not saying the dog shouldn't be put down. I'm just pointing out something in the story that seems all too common if you go out to restaurants, breweries and some bars. Parents watching the game or chatting with friends or getting too loaded and not watching their kids. Some people with kids seem to think its a group responsibility to watch their kids when they go out. If that's not you, great!
Jack Cheese
AG
Yeah, they were probably loaded. Another good call.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
you're coming across as someone who takes his kids to breweries. This thread isn't about you.
Al Bula
AG
BBRex said:

I'm not saying the dog shouldn't be put down.
so what you ARE saying is these dogs SHOULD be put down.

Glad you saw the light and you can now stop arguing a point of view that is wrong.
BBRex
AG
Yeah, that's exactly what I said.
SweaterVest
AG
Jack Cheese said:

Yeah, they were probably loaded. Another good call.
Excuse me, are you trying to tell me that you don't show up at the restaurant for family dinners already wasted?
Jack Cheese
AG
Harry Lime said:

you're coming across as someone who takes his kids to breweries. This thread isn't about you.

Lol
BBRex
AG
Ocean Of Funk said:

BBRex said:

I'm not saying the dog shouldn't be put down.
so what you ARE saying is these dogs SHOULD be put down.

Glad you saw the light and you can now stop arguing a point of view that is wrong.
Since neither of us was there, we don't know if it is wrong or not.
Jack Cheese
AG
BBRex said:

Yeah, that's exactly what I said.

Well, you ARE the one to mention inattentive parents who are "too loaded" to watch their children.

And you did it on a thread that is literally, actually (not theoretically), about a child who got their face chewed by a pit bull in a service dog vest.

So I'm just trying to weed through all the nuance of what you keep NOT saying in order to cut through to what you're strongly implying... That the parents are guilty.
BrazosDog02
AG
Gonna take my pit to the old town spring, gonna ride till I can't no more....
Ducks4brkfast
AG
$100.00 BBRex doesn't have kids.
BBRex
AG
Yep, and I don't want to help you raise yours, either.
Diggity
AG
solid trolling
Ducks4brkfast
AG
BBRex said:

Yep, and I don't want to help you raise yours, either.

Yeah you don't strike me as someone really capable of dealing with kids.
BBRex
AG
You got me figured out. Nice bit of psychological analysis.
FtBendTxAg
AG
According to a law firm, white trash pit bulls are involved in over 65% of all dog related attacks and deaths. SIXTY FIVE PER CENT.

With how many dog breeeds there are, that is a pretty staggering number and should tell you very clearly that they are trash dogs
Diggity
AG
hey....be fair!

trashy folks of all colors and creeds love them some pitbulls.
Build It
AG
Dog has been found. It's at the Montgomery County Animal Shelter. Owner apparently abandoned it after attack. At least according to click2houston.com

I believe it's a no kill shelter.
Post removed:
by user

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.