Houston
Sponsored by

Kim Ogg

6,381 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DustysLineup
End Of Message
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God.
Astrobo
AG
If true, local media would never cover it.
Silky Johnston
Wish I would've known this before I voted for her yesterday.
Martin Q. Blank
Clickbait. I doubt it's anything.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Silky Johnston said:

Wish I would've known this before I voted for her yesterday.
Enjoy getting raped and then having your assailant released on his own recognizance to come back for seconds.
Chewy
AG
If college recruiting has taught me anything it's that alleged news bombshells usually aren't even those paper things you throw on the ground that make a sound fainter than Rice Krispies.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Borrowed from forum 16:
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
htxag09
AG
Lmao, literally nothing came from Ogg's covid death chart witch hunt. And prosecutors are still leaving because of it.

Also, why the hell do people post that they are going to break "bombshell" news at x time vs just breaking the news?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Tony Buzbee had a bombshell he was gonna drop too. Womp womp.
bluefire579
AG
htxag09 said:

Also, why the hell do people post that they are going to break "bombshell" news at x time vs just breaking the news?
Because they don't have anything and just want to draw views to whatever site or article or whatever
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Ogg is a lib POS that needs to go yesterday.
bluefire579
AG
bluefire579 said:

htxag09 said:

Because they don't have anything and just want to draw views to whatever site or article or whatever
Case in point, the original tweet has been deleted. If you have something, say it, but if you don't, quit with this bull***** Either you have it or your don't. If you don't and post cryptic things like this teasing something big that you don't actually have, you're an ******* who's just wasting everyone's time.
Betoisafurry
Why does it matter? The fact is ogg is a piece of **** who lets violent criminals out with no bail. If she gets re-elected I'm seriously considering moving to Montgomery county. Harris county is on its way to becoming cook county.
swimmerbabe11
tweet is gone, please share with the class.
TulaneAg
What's the logic or motivation for her doing this?

Is there a large enough voter block that wants low/no bail for their criminal counterparts to affect the election results? I don't understand how a platform of "soft on crime" gets or keeps you elected nowadays.... Especially as a prosecutor.
Spore Ag
Houston Comical as usual leans left of left and I think a lot follow their guidance. Have seen in the past people carry their voting guide into the voting booth.
bluefire579
AG
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/opinion/recommendations/article/houston-chronicle-endorsements-list-election-2020-15628601.php

Lot of R's on there for a "left of left" editorial board
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
bluefire579 said:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/opinion/recommendations/article/houston-chronicle-endorsements-list-election-2020-15628601.php

Lot of R's on there for a "left of left" editorial board
LOL. The only (R) nominees they endorse are either races that are un-winnable for the (D) candidate or (for a few judicial elections) where the (D) candidate is a total ****-up. Hegar over Cornyn tells me all I need to know about that editorial page.
BMX Bandit
The Crenshaw over Semi very surprising. And McCaul is jaw dropper. That was very close in 2018
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Chris Daniel for Tax Assessor was the biggest surprise, but it sounded like they have an axe with the incumbent.
TexAgs1992
Lizzie Fletcher for TX-7 tells you all you need to know about the Chronicle's politics.
Silky Johnston
I think I have received and thrown away 100+ giant ads from Lizzie Fletcher. I guess she doesn't care that much about the environment if she is willing to murder so many innocent trees.
Ags #1
AG
sts7049
AG
I've been getting text spammed like crazy for 2 weeks from someone against fletcher
Ciboag96
TexAgs1992 said:

Lizzie Fletcher for TX-7 tells you all you need to know about the Chronicle's politics.
Guess black lives don't matter. Sorry Wes.
UndergroundAg
so what happened with thos bombshell???
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I'm guessing he was talking Dolcefino's ongoing blogging about the DA's office, and probably pulled the tweet when he realized he was late to the show and confused about who was accusing who.

Maybe had something to do w/ this?

https://dolcefino.com/2020/10/26/harris-county-judge-accused-of-racial-bias-and-misconduct/

Or you browse his past posts if you're interested.

Though anyone who's ever worked there or had friends work at the HC DA's office can tell you that place is an EPA superfund site of paranoia, infighting, factions, and conspiracies - at least since Chuck resigned. So Producer Kenny should take it w/ a grain of salt when someone tells him that a big bombshell is about to drop over there; someone is almost always shopping a big bombshell about that office.
SW AG80
AG
TulaneAg said:

What's the logic or motivation for her doing this?

Is there a large enough voter block that wants low/no bail for their criminal counterparts to affect the election results? I don't understand how a platform of "soft on crime" gets or keeps you elected nowadays.... Especially as a prosecutor.
She has political aspirations beyond being DA.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Does she really? I would've figured at her age, this was it. But who knows.

I still think the judges are the real problem behind catch & release. Read that link I posted; I know it's the Dulch, but he has copies of the complaints about Judge Darrell Jordan posted. Jordan is the administrative judge of the misdemeanor courts and doesn't believe in cash bail for poor defendants, and generally thinks law enforcement is racist.
SW AG80
AG
That is what people who work/used to work in DA office think. She wants to follow in her dad's footsteps. State senator is what he was, I think.
bularry
Harry Lime said:

Does she really? I would've figured at her age, this was it. But who knows.

I still think the judges are the real problem behind catch & release. Read that link I posted; I know it's the Dulch, but he has copies of the complaints about Judge Darrell Jordan posted. Jordan is the administrative judge of the misdemeanor courts and doesn't believe in cash bail for poor defendants, and generally thinks law enforcement is racist.
how in the heck would anyone think that law enforcement and the justice system in the south are racist?!?!

where does such a crazy thought come from?
Panama Red
AG
Isn't state senator a step down from District Attorney ?
ChipFTAC01
AG
I have a friend from college whose political goal was state senator. In his mind it was because it has a larger constituency that HOR rep
SW AG80
AG
Panama Red said:

Isn't state senator a step down from District Attorney ?

Probably not. And I'm a retired elected District Attorney.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
A member of the legislature can also maintain a private law practice, since the legislature is part time. Thanks to the magic of legislative continuances among other things, it can be a more lucrative career for some.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.