Houston
Sponsored by

Bar 5015 Explosion

10,982 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Diggity
swimmerbabe11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Over in Almeda area

was set intentionally
Onceaggie2.0
Never heard of it .. Also never forget the protection payment
Al Bula
AG
Lol that bar is not in "Almeda area."
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Probably refused to buy bootleg liquor
swimmerbabe11
I mean, its med center about 5 minutes from where I used to live and literally on Almeda. I wouldn't really call it midtown either.

That area isn't nearly bad enough to be need protection?
Ags #1
AG
Woke us up this morning. We live near nrg stadium
nonameag99
OnlyForNow
AG
Gas was left on. Ac make spark goes boom-boom.
TexAg91
AG
Heavily insured?
E
AG
Someone's about to have an insurance fraud investigation....
Tone2002
Definitely in Third Ward... lol
swimmerbabe11
third ward starts on the other side of 288. That's not Third Ward.
Wearer of the Ring
AG
Maybe a few pieces of the building landed in the third ward? Had lunch at SV last Friday and it looked like quite a mess down the street.
BoxingAg84
Quote:

@therealsteveerae
I would like to thank the community for your show of support. For more than 25 years, I have focused my career on bringing positive venues and high quality events to the Houston area. My most recent venture @thebar5015 opened its doors to a new look and a new atmosphere amid the COVID-19 shutdown. On June 12th we suffered a devastating explosion that is under investigation by ATF and the FBI. Investigative findings are pending and will give us more information regarding source and cause of the explosion. I am most grateful that the venue was vacant and no one was injured.
Thank you for the prayers, thoughts, concerns but most of all your continued support. I ask that you all continue to support our community, our black businesses, and each other.
To my neighbors and the community at large we will rebuild together, stronger than ever.
Stay well and safe as we move forward in unprecedented times.
Thank you.
#almedastrip
#3ward
https://www.gofundme.com/f/rebuild-5015

https://instagr.am/p/CBY_3_xAiK_
Tone2002
I'm not going to even go there with that arbitrary border of 288 being third ward, but even the owner of the bar and everyone on Almeda knows the real deal. But I will let you have it.
TriAg2010
AG
Tone2002 said:

I'm not going to even go there with that arbitrary border of 288 being third ward, but even the owner of the bar and everyone on Almeda knows the real deal. But I will let you have it.

Agreed - the Houston wards were draw before the urban freeways were built. You can Google search old maps from that show the 3rd Ward stretching west all the way to Main St.
BoxingAg84
Surveillance footage released....

Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Bruh.
sts7049
AG
wow

it's too bad none of those turds accidentally lit themselves on fire too
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Whoa. Wish they had shown the explosion
P.H. Dexippus
AG
They say in the presser that they were likely burned or have blast injuries due to their proximity.
RK
AG
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Ah, the 'ol "burn it down for the insurance money" scam. Nice to see someone taking a page from a playbook when scams were simpler.
Dr. Doctor
AG
I'm impressed they used gasoline and didn't kill themselves. At least use some diesel so it burns more, not blows up.

~egon
OnlyForNow
AG
Ya, 20 gallons of gas leveled that whole building.

That's quite impressive.
Post removed:
by user
OnlyForNow
AG
It does not show the explosion.
Post removed:
by user
herb96
AG
I thought 3rd Ward was east of Main St.
southwestag
that street is so tame compared to what it used to be its a shame. It's called Museum Park, 3rd Ward, Midtown, everything.

But that was supposed to the the original route of 288 but they slashed through existing homes as a result
Aggie09Derek
AG
Any update on this?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Any update on this?
Not sure about anyone else, but the best thing I've been able to do for my mental health was to not ask about updates for what would have been an otherwise monumental news story had it happened in any other year that was not 2020.
swimmerbabe11
https://houston.eater.com/2020/7/22/21334086/houston-turkey-leg-hut-lawsuit-owners-nakia-price-steven-rogers

The gravy thickens....

Quote:

Price's lawsuit also alleges that Rogers stole the $27,000 point-of-sale system purchased for use in the Turkey Leg Hut, and took it over to his nearby business Bar 5015. As previously reported, Bar 5015 was rocked by a major explosion in mid-June, and investigators suspected arson. In the suit, attorneys for Price claim that the point-of-sale system was destroyed in that explosion.
BoxingAg84
swimmerbabe11 said:

https://houston.eater.com/2020/7/22/21334086/houston-turkey-leg-hut-lawsuit-owners-nakia-price-steven-rogers

The gravy thickens....

Quote:

Price's lawsuit also alleges that Rogers stole the $27,000 point-of-sale system purchased for use in the Turkey Leg Hut, and took it over to his nearby business Bar 5015. As previously reported, Bar 5015 was rocked by a major explosion in mid-June, and investigators suspected arson. In the suit, attorneys for Price claim that the point-of-sale system was destroyed in that explosion.

They're grossing $1M per month. Sheesh. Based on the article, I wouldn't be surprised if the Turkey Leg Hut couple was responsible for the explosion. The guy did hard time for fraud already. I wouldn't put it past him.
schmellba99
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Ya, 20 gallons of gas leveled that whole building.

That's quite impressive.
Look up "fuel-air-bomb" and you'll see that 20 gallons of gasoline when volatilized can blow the F out of a lot of stuff.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.