Houston
Sponsored by

Any Ags in Woodson's Reserve?

6,315 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by regurkmatt
Kay's Lounge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have to relocate back to Houston from Boerne. Any feedback on Woodson's Reserve? The taxes suck, but we really like the neighborhood and the area.
Drillbit4
AG
I'm next door in Benders Landing. We really love the area. The schools are great. Everything you need is right there on 99. We need a few more restaurants. We have friends in Woodsons Reserve. They all seem to love it.
Bassmaster
AG
We are also in Bender's but have friends in Woodson's. Nice neighborhood.
Cyp0111
Given difference in property taxes you could prob get another $100-150K in house in benders.
Texas A&M
Woodson's is really nice. I do wonder what percentage of their residents exit through Benders and what % go out their main entrance.
jellycheese
AG
My wife teaches at Grand Oaks HS. We don't live in the immediate area but I've scouted most of the surrounding neighborhoods, Woodson's and Bender's included. There's a lot of good people in that area. Seems like there's still a lot of growing yet to happen. Only knock may be the traffic that builds up at the lights near the HEB and Walmart. Those that live there may think differently.
Col. Steve Austin
AG
jellycheese said:

My wife teaches at Grand Oaks HS. We don't live in the immediate area but I've scouted most of the surrounding neighborhoods, Woodson's and Bender's included. There's a lot of good people in that area. Seems like there's still a lot of growing yet to happen. Only knock may be the traffic that builds up at the lights near the HEB and Walmart. Those that live there may think differently.
Back in the day (pre-COVID 19) when we used to work in offices, on my way home from work I pulled off 99 to shop either HEB or Twins Liquor fairly often. The eastbound traffic definitely builds up at the Rayford Road intersection, but it moves pretty well. Not a major concern IMO, at least not yet. Maybe as more growth occurs it becomes more of a headache.

My youngest daughter and her family live in Harmony Creek off Rayford. They really like the people and schools in the area. My granddaughter will be attending Grand Oaks in 3 years. It looks like a really nice facility.

Every time I drive by the Woodson's Reserve entrance, I feel like there should be a distillery there. Sounds like a premium bourbon to me.
South Platte
Drillbit4 said:

I'm next door in Benders Landing. We really love the area. The schools are great. Everything you need is right there on 99. We need a few more restaurants. We have friends in Woodsons Reserve. They all seem to love it.
I love your neighborhood. I've been thinking about opening a business in the new shopping center at 59/99 that would hopefully pull clientele from Bender's Landing and Woodson's.

How long have you been there? What do you know about future residential development along 99 between the high school and 59?
Diggity
AG
59 is a long drive from that area. I wouldn't think you would get a ton of folks driving that direction unless they had family or work reasons. Most of what you need is in the general area and if not, I would imagine most people are driving to the Woodlands.
Kay's Lounge
AG
Thanks for the input y'all!
Drillbit4
AG
We go over that way all the time. Academy, Gringos, BBW, etc. we go there more than the Woodlands. Why? No traffic and no stop lights. It might be a mile or two farther distance wise but it's a breeze to go back and forth. So yes, lots of Benders and Woodsons folks go to that area.
Bassmaster
AG
Drillbit4 said:

We go over that way all the time. Academy, Gringos, BBW, etc. we go there more than the Woodlands. Why? No traffic and no stop lights. It might be a mile or two farther distance wise but it's a breeze to go back and forth. So yes, lots of Benders and Woodsons folks go to that area.
Same here, it is easier to get to than The Woodlands. A big reason for that is the terrible road planning not making a connector ramp from 99 going north on 45.
Diggity
AG
good to know. I was visiting Woodson's and missed my exit. Ended up having to drive for what seemed like forever to get to the next exit. It looks to be a whole lot of nothing until you get to 59.

I would imagine long term, you'll have most of the more popular offerings on 99 itself, but we'll see.
AggieSam02
AG
Lived in Benders for 12.5 years and we own Creekstone Outdoor Living in front of Harmony. Love what the area has done in regards to development. Need some closer dine in restaurant choices but there a few on the way including a decent larger Mexican place in front of Woodson's. Also have them coming along with movie theater across 99. Schools have been excellent and all are close by.

Stop by if we can help with anything for your backyard if y'all end up in the area!
Diggity
AG
Benders is a bit outside the upper end of what I want to spend but having that extra elbow room along with the lower taxes is very tempting!
AggieSam02
AG
Woodson, harmony, the falls are all good neighborhoods in the area.
South Platte
Drillbit4 said:

That's what I was thinking. From a residential growth perspective, it's hard to forecast what the schools will be like in Porter-New Caney. Currently, they are below average even though some nice neighborhoods (homes $300k +) are springing up in New Caney/Roman Forest. And there are acres of older rural neighborhoods taking up land that could be used for a new development like Woodson's.

But I like that location because it could pull people from Benders/Woodsons/Kingwood and even possibly The Woodlands.
Col. Steve Austin
AG
Drillbit4 said:

Don't know if you've been to Gringo's since they opened for inside dining, but if not just a heads up that you have to make an online reservation.
MAS444
AG
Doesn't Benders Landing flood? I've seen some homes in there that I really liked - much different than a lot of the newer standard mega mansion subdivisions where all the houses look the same. I'm guessing that's because there are more true custom builds...?
ktownag08
AG
In the way way back there was some flooding during Harvey. But very minimal.

We live in Harmony, and have been very happy. Tremendous value in this area vs the Woodlands. As above poster said, more restaurants and movie theater coming in too.

Can't go wrong with Harmony, Bender's, or Woodson's imo.
Drillbit4
AG
About 4 or 5 homes flooded during Harvey that were backed up to Spring Creek. Otherwise the flood control lakes in the neighborhood did their job very well. Water was no where near our house.
And yes, all homes are custom.
Bassmaster
AG
As Drillbit mentioned, there were a handful. But the ones that did, it wasn't a surprise (with maybe an exception or two). There were a few roads that were off limits for us when we were buying for that very reason. We didn't have water anywhere near our house.
AggieSam02
AG
No homes in Benders Landing flooded and i believe it was around 13 homes in Benders Landing Estates. Most of them backed up to spring creek but there were a handful others that backed up to drainage ditches that backflowed out of spring creek and into the neighborhood.
Ronnie
AG
Drillbit4 said:

Phone auto-corrects to frequently used search term while typing in the browser.
Al Bula
AG
BBW?!

LeftyAg89
AG
We are looking to buy in Woodson's Reserve as well. We've been checking out Toll Brothers builders... anyone here used this builder before? Pros/cons?

Jay's Lounge, are you guys still looking at Woodson's?
Kay's Lounge
AG
LeftyAg89 said:

We are looking to buy in Woodson's Reserve as well. We've been checking out Toll Brothers builders... anyone here used this builder before? Pros/cons?

Jay's Lounge, are you guys still looking at Woodson's?

We are buying there. Closing next week on a Toll Brothers spec home.
As for the pros, the house is well built and they seem to put nicer finishes in their spec homes. They have been running specials this summer and we got a good deal on the home.
As for the cons, I don't want to go into too much detail on a public forum, but our sales rep has not been great to work with and we almost walked away from the house. But the company ended up making it right.
I think we'll be happy with the home and we really like the neighborhood. Love all the trees and love that there are always a bunch of families outside. The facilities seem nice too.
Hope that helps
LeftyAg89
AG
Oops just noticed my typo! Kay'a not Jay's, sorry about that!

Glad to hear you got a good deal.

If you wouldn't mind, can you send me an email (emailid in profile) when you get a chance, I have a couple of questions.
Kay's Lounge
AG
Email sent
regurkmatt
We live in Benders as well, and we love it. Agree with all posted above; low taxes in Benders allows you to afford more house, minimal flooding during Harvey, all custom built homes (though this means there are some weird ones out there), easy in/out access, all you need in the immediate area with more coming, and the schools have been amazing. Met some great people too!

We moved here from the Oakhurst, which is in Porter and in New Caney ISD. We lived in the Kingwood area for 13 years and it's home (family, church, friends, etc.), but we couldn't be happier that we moved here. We do still go to the Kingwood/Porter/Valley Ranch area often, and it's a breeze to get there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.