Houston
Sponsored by

Little Leagues

15,132 Views | 151 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Engine10
Ezra Brooks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kingwood/Forest Cove cancelled last night due to a coach testing positive.
clintaggie04
AG
Oh ok. Softball and Little League are completely separate organizations. I only have boys.
evestor1
Kingwood LL was doing all they could to find a reason to not play. I could see it as soon as they canceled everything the previous Saturday.

We are bummed out - my kid turned a corona corner when it started back up in June. From March - June he was not himself. His life changed when baseball started back.

Go eff yourself LL Karens of Kingwood. Corona is a sham and you were willing to take any excuse to call the season. Have fun homeschooling your beta children next year.
Post removed:
by user
kelkel25
Tomball LL consulted with Harris County and naturally they advised "out of an abundance of caution" that we should close so we done. It was a fun 3 game season...
Big_Time_Timmy_Jim
Fairfield Sports association in Cypress is full steam ahead
VictoryLapAg
AG
About to head out to the ballpark at Katy American for a game today. As of this morning, there are no plans to stop playing. The league also clarified that the one spectator per player is only a recommendation and not mandatory.
03_Aggie
evestor1 said:

Kingwood LL was doing all they could to find a reason to not play. I could see it as soon as they canceled everything the previous Saturday.

We are bummed out - my kid turned a corona corner when it started back up in June. From March - June he was not himself. His life changed when baseball started back.

Go eff yourself LL Karens of Kingwood. Corona is a sham and you were willing to take any excuse to call the season. Have fun homeschooling your beta children next year.

Probably because dealing with this was a pita for them. I don't fault ours one bit for throwing in the towel. Once they cut the number of fields in half We were only go to get 2 maybe three more games in. Not worth the risk and effort.

Mr.Bond
AG
Just had a day long tournament at NW 45 in spring
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

evestor1
Dumb question - are any little leagues admitting new kids. I have a crying 6 year old bc kingwood canceled due to coach somewhere in the league being positive for coronavirus. Apparently we had nothing to do with it.

We were doing 5-6 year old coach pitch.
03_Aggie
evestor1 said:

Dumb question - are any little leagues admitting new kids. I have a crying 6 year old bc kingwood canceled due to coach somewhere in the league being positive for coronavirus. Apparently we had nothing to do with it.

We were doing 5-6 year old coach pitch.

Doubt it. There's the cohort problem that the actual leagues have to deal with. I'd suggest select teams or having a hard conversation about how life isn't always fair.

Good luck.
evestor1
thanks - he likes fishing and baseball ... he can only take out so much aggression and anger on a fish compared to a baseball.

Coronavirus circus has made us a little more aggressive than typical times.
Engine10
AG
I mean if he wants something he can swing hard at and blow off some steam, why not try the local driving range? Ours has stayed open the entire time through this circus.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.