Houston
Sponsored by

Roughnecks: Who's going?

14,357 Views | 101 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TexAgs1992
AggieLong
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The CEO & co-founder of sEATz is an Aggie (Rice MBA).
BoxingAg84
Necks win again!

TomDoss91
AG
Possibly coming in from San Antonio for the March 7 game....my son really wants to go as a way start Spring Break. How is the parking situation? Do we need to arrive early? Thanks in advance for any assistance/guidance.
nickstro66
AG
Parking can be a problem. U of H has really limited parking on their campus. We found a garage near their natatorium that we parked in. Wasn't too bad of a walk and it was reasonably priced.
agz win
AG
Go early, pick up some Frenchy's (further down on Scott Street) and tailgate in the surface lots right at the stadium.
Texaggie7nine
If you are staying at a hotel overnight, get a place downtown and you can ride the metro rail to the stadium and back.
7nine
Guitarsoup
AG
Beat the hell outta Dallas
Liquid Wrench
Yeah, between the surface lots on Scott and the new-ish garage on Holman, they should have enough parking as long as there's not another big event on campus. There's also some parking off of Elgin/Calhoun if you don't mind the walk.
AlaskanAg99
AG
How bad is trying to get an Uber out?

I'm thinking of going to a brewery, Sigma, and then taking an Uber there. But it depends on how bad it is leaving to get back to Sigma.
drumboy
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

How bad is trying to get an Uber out?

I'm thinking of going to a brewery, Sigma, and then taking an Uber there. But it depends on how bad it is leaving to get back to Sigma.
You can easily take light rail from Sigma to TDECU stadium. From coffee plant a few blocks from Sigma, take the green line to the Dynamo stadium stop and then the Purple straight to UH.
TX04Aggie
AG
Going Sunday, for first time. Should be a good time. Taking the train to/from the stadium, so we can post game drink/eat, etc downtown after.
tukAg10
AG
Game is Saturday 1pm. I also plan to go. Should be a rowdy good time
TX04Aggie
AG
Haha, meant Saturday! Yeah, should be fun, weather is supposed to be great.
BoxingAg84
Great weather today. 63 degrees
Dan Scott
AG
Crowd looks good on TV. Bottom deck is packed all around
AlaskanAg99
AG
Game today was a blast. 50yrd line 2nd deck, row 5.

Will be going back this season.
BoxingAg84
Crowds are definitely getting bigger. The city is starting to buy in. More and more people are realizing that the Necks have the potential to be everything the Texans aren't.

Liquid Wrench
That Dallas game will be packed.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
5-0, fun team
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill]I prefer the red pills[/url]
cr0wbar
AG
Was there Saturday- had a blast with my buddies
testosterbone
AG
s'go NECKS!
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
testosterbone said:

s'go NECKS!

Read that in dale gribble's voice.
Ghost91
They got the name & logo SO right, but I wish so bad that they would've gone with the Oilers' colors (Columbia Blue & White), or at least something close to the Oilers since I'm sure Tennessee has a stranglehold on that stuff.

Or at least not gotten the exact same colors as the other pro team in Houston. How did THAT happen?

I'm always shocked that the big money people don't seem to understand how much untapped love & nostalgia there is here for the Oilers.
BarryProfit
You don't understand why they didn't try to further copy the oilers name and uniforms?
nonameag99
BarryProfit said:

You don't understand why they didn't try to further copy the oilers name and uniforms?
Because Bud Adams was the biggest ***** in the WORLD
The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
BoxingAg84

Ghost91
BarryProfit said:

I said in my post that I understand that the Titans are stingy with all that. My point was maybe we could've gotten a LITTLE closer without stepping over the line. And regardless, not sure why we had to adopt the identical colors of the Texans.
. . .

Quote:

Coach June Jones: "I feel very comfortable we're gonna play again next year. " (June says XFL hasn't ruled out a playoff) "The league told us they're just suspending the regular-season games right now. So that means there may still be a playoff"

While Coach June Jones remains hopeful the XFL will still have a championship game, he acknowledges the Roughnecks could lose some players between now and then and the league would be understanding.

Jones: "It's something nobody can ever take away from us. We're the first undefeated team in the XFL history. So that's fun."

Coach June Jones with a message for President Trump about his unbeaten team: "We should go to the White House, definitely. I was hoping that we would win it all and get to go there. So hopefully Donald's listening."
cajunaggie08
AG
XFL just laid off most of its staff and currently has no plans for a 2021 return.

Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Grand opening, grand closing.
Jackal99
AG
Damn. Never made it to a game. My kid kept asking to go, but the times were always conflicts with other things. I kept telling him I'd take him to one next season.
Gap
AG
Really sad. Our response and reaction to coronavirus will have many, many more victims as we move to 50,000,000 unemployed. The bankruptcies haven't even begun yet. It will quietly affect your friends, family, and neighbors before it hits most big national firms.
TexAgs1992
Gap said:

Really sad. Our response and reaction to coronavirus will have many, many more victims as we move to 50,000,000 unemployed. The bankruptcies haven't even begun yet. It will quietly affect your friends, family, and neighbors before it hits most big national firms.
Yep.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.