Houston
Sponsored by

Hinch and Luhnow suspended for one year!!!

11,624 Views | 98 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by scd88
claym711
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Firing lunhow was such a pearl clutching dumb move. Take your lick and go win another like the Patriots.
Teddy Perkins
AG
claym711 said:

Firing lunhow was such a pearl clutching dumb move. Take your lick and go win another like the Patriots.
Unless there was a back room deal b/w Manfred and Crane that we get to keep the title if he fires them.
Joker98
AG
Vacating the title was never gonna happen. They don't do that in professional sports.

I was shocked when Crane fired both of them. A day later, I think I get why, but I'm not sure I would have. What sucks about this whole deal is that I'm almost certain that this scheme wasn't even all that effective. They would have won regardless.
jja79
AG
They cheated didn't they? I think the commissioner warned everyone in 2017 didn't he? There are probably some others to be angry with.
Tom Hagen
AG
jja79 said:

They cheated didn't they? I think the commissioner warned everyone in 2017 didn't he? There are probably some others to be angry with.
No, they didn't cheat. It's called gamesmanship.
AGHouston11
AG
Joker98 said:

Vacating the title was never gonna happen. They don't do that in professional sports.

I was shocked when Crane fired both of them. A day later, I think I get why, but I'm not sure I would have. What sucks about this whole deal is that I'm almost certain that this scheme wasn't even all that effective. They would have won regardless.

Exactly how is it working well if everyone knows you are doing it?
wasntme
Houston, you got the wrong coach! It was Bill O'Brien that need to be fired!!
jetch17
AG
jamesf
AG
digging tunnels
AG
Ugh!!!! Now possible allegations of Altuve and Bregman wearing wires
Post removed:
by user
sts7049
AG
there is no way that can be true.

of course that video of altuve coming to the plate after walking off the yankees is flying around now since he was trying to keep his jersey on. i just can't envision them going to that level.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Suspicion is that the alleged niece is actually a player's burner account.

Also, the MLB already investigated this.

Martin Q. Blank
SoupNazi2001 said:

Holy cow if true.....

Carlos Beltran's "Alleged" Niece Is Now Going Off Saying Jose Altuve and Alex Bregman Wore Electronic Buzzers Under Their Jerseys - Jose Altuve and Bregman wore devices that buzzed on inside right shoulder from hallway video guy.
Why bang on trash cans then?
digging tunnels
AG
That same "niece" also mentioned Gleyber Torres wearing one as well on his leg and there were cameras at Yankee Stadium
bilbobag
Side note to this Beltran "she's not related to our family" niece...

Older dudes with young side pieces have, on occasion, referred to those young ladies as their niece when they ain't really related...
Al Bula
AG
jetch17 said:

redag06
Trash cans were in 2017, maybe they moved to buzzers in 2019
agdaddy04
AG
bilbobag said:

Side note to this Beltran "she's not related to our family" niece...

Older dudes with young side pieces have, on occasion, referred to those young ladies as their niece when they ain't really related...

Why make accusations like that unless you know for a fact it's true?
98Ag99Grad
AG
sts7049 said:

there is no way that can be true.

of course that video of altuve coming to the plate after walking off the yankees is flying around now since he was trying to keep his jersey on. i just can't envision them going to that level.
Really? This actually sounds more believable to me than what they were actually doing with the trashcan. This whole thing is pathetic IMO. Just disappointed they did this.
Joker98
AG
Man folks want to believe anything these days.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Interesting news coming out of the Bronx.
Mose Schrute
AG
Oh no, what now?
03_Aggie
Mose Schrute said:

Oh no, what now?

Quick google seems to indicate there is a detailed letter from MLB to the Yankees about their sign stealing in 2017. Potentially more details than we're out out publicly (conspiracy theory that they didn't want to publicly harm the Yankees).

Yankees want to keep the letter sealed due to harm to the brand but federal judge says tough *****
I Am A Critic
03_Aggie said:

Mose Schrute said:

Oh no, what now?

Quick google seems to indicate there is a detailed letter from MLB to the Yankees about their sign stealing in 2017. Potentially more details than we're out out publicly (conspiracy theory that they didn't want to publicly harm the Yankees).

Yankees want to keep the letter sealed due to harm to the brand but federal judge says tough *****

If reports are true, it will be more damaging for Manfred and the MLB than it will be for the Yankees.
Username checks out.
AgLA06
AG
so what happens if this season doesn't take place?
Cromagnum
AG
AgLA06 said:

They weren't suspended for "one season". They were suspended for "one year"
03_Aggie
Cromagnum said:

AgLA06 said:

They weren't suspended for "one season". They were suspended for "one year"

Doesn't really matter here. I guess there's a slim chance hinch could return given baker's one year contract. we hired a pretty good GM so it would seem there's zero chance luhnow could return.
digging tunnels
AG
Yankees appealing the judge's order. Why need to appeal anything if they didn't cheat? If there is nothing there, wouldn't you want the info to get out?

Hmmmmmmmmm????

**** the Yankees
scd88
AG
MLB is all about the brand as they did nothing to the Red Sox and will do nothing to the Yankees. They will continue to let the Astros take the brunt of this because HOU is not a blue blood and never will be.

Unseal it - I want chaos.

Also, the Astros need to stick their middle finger up to MLB and bring Hinch back.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.