Houston
Sponsored by

FBI makes arrest on Harding Street raid

9,682 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Mas89
Liquid Wrench
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aggie09Derek said:

Knew it was tongue in cheek, just feel bad for the guy. Gonna follow him around forever.
I don't. He ran and jumped in front of the news cameras to deliver a hotheaded rant of his own agenda without knowing anything about the shootings that had just happened. He inappropriately took advantage of the situation for TV time and deserves to be remembered for his jackass behavior.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Mas89 said:

third coast.. said:

What are atm and bank juggers
The atm thieves are organized crews who steal a large work truck and use it in the early morning hours to steal atm machines. Either by tying a 3/8 steel chain to the machine and dragging it off its base or driving into/thru the building the machines are inside, running over the atms to break off the base. Happens about once a week in the Houston area it seems like. They even hit the Harris County court annex out in Baytown a while back.

They are caught occasionally, only to be quickly released by our pathetic state criminal system.
Kind of like how we caught the *******s that broke into my gunstore and then the freaking DA releases them on probation?
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
Aggie09Derek
AG
https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Former-Houston-police-officer-Gerald-Goines-14882600.php
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Absurd the DA is doing that.
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
one MEEN Ag
AG
third coast.. said:

What are atm and bank juggers
Bank Juggers are organized crime rings where 3-4 guys rent a car, tint the windows super dark, and then go sit in a bank parking lot watching the entrance. They profile people coming in and out and take a best guess if someone is leaving with large amounts of cash. They'll then follow that person's car out of the parking lot, and rob them at gunpoint either at a stop light or more likely when they pull into their own driveway at home. Bank Jugger's have been recorded following one person back to San Antonio.

The extremely frustrating part is the DA's office refuses to prosecute these as a crime ring. And the criminals have been successful enough that someone who wasn't caught that day has money to bail out those who were on these super low bonds.

Madman
AG
This actually looks like a crime type motivated police forces would target.

To me anyway. The idea of casing the guys casing people going into banks would make me highly motivated to win and repeat.

Very Hollywood.
Pedro Cerano
AG
I would take it a step beyond what one MEEN Ag said. It's usually an inside job with someone that works in the bank tipping them off. This happened to my neighbor last year. He owns his own business and visits the same Chase branch roughly once a week. This one particular time he was withdrawing $10,000 cash which is well above the norm of his usual transactions. They followed him home from the bank and ransacked his car in the driveway when he went inside the house. He came out while they were still going through it and shots were exchanged.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

You can use your imagination on why. Probably won't be far off. Sad thing is, DA's office asked me on both accounts, "Are you ok with them getting probation?" and I unequivocally said, "No" and on the second I flat out told them if they did it again, that I'd talk about it at any point to anyone that I could. I've been true to my word.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
Liquid Wrench
Have you spoken to the media?
Mas89
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

You can use your imagination on why. Probably won't be far off. Sad thing is, DA's office asked me on both accounts, "Are you ok with them getting probation?" and I unequivocally said, "No" and on the second I flat out told them if they did it again, that I'd talk about it at any point to anyone that I could. I've been true to my word.
Had the same conversation with our DA after years of being victimized by the same copper thief back when the prices were real high. The guy probably cost us and our neighbors 50k.

After he was caught, he was willing to plead to a misdemeanor for probation only. Had multiple theft convictions over 20 years in five states but had always gotten off with out major jail time according to the PI I hired. To get prison time, they would have to have a district court trial on the state jail felony charge with a full jury.

tk for tu juan
Art is the keynote speaker at the next ASCE Houston meeting if y'all want to see him in person
BowSowy
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Art is the keynote speaker at the next ASCE Houston meeting if y'all want to see him in person
Is that the Civil Engineers ASCE? Why on earth would they invite a police chief?
one MEEN Ag
AG
BowSowy said:

tk for tu juan said:

Is that the Civil Engineers ASCE? Why on earth would they invite a police chief?

To talk about building a better community.
one MEEN Ag
AG
BowSowy said:

tk for tu juan said:

And also give his thanks for building better speed traps on I-10 and 45.
lb sand
AG
https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2020/01/10/ex-officer-accused-in-botched-harding-street-raid-now-accused-of-perjury-in-case-from-12-years-ago/

They're piling on now.
Ag_07
AG
Holy crap

91 additional drug convictions connected to officer charged in Harding Street raid to be overturned
Gator92
AG
Quote:

Patricia Ann Garcia pleaded guilty to a charge of false information and hoaxes in March. On Tuesday, she was sentenced to 40 months in federal detention and three years of supervised release.
Quote:

The attorney for the Nicholas family said in a statement: "This is a small step forward, but the central questions of the city's two-year, million-dollar coverup of the killings of Rhogena Nicholas and Dennis Tuttle remain unanswered: what happened, before and after the HPD murderous raid? Why Ms. Garcia truly did this and her relationship with HPD Narcotics Squad 15 remain mysteries. The Nicholas family and public still need answers from the mayor and the police chief."
It was reported that Garcia had a prior arrest by Squad 15...

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/woman-sentenced-for-911-calls-in-connection-to-harding-street-raid
Post removed:
by user
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Did Ryan ever work on the case or comment on it publicly?
Build It
AG
No knock Art's hands are all over the attempted cover up. When does he go down?
Chewy
AG
There was a rumor the neighbor had a beef with Nicolas and Tuttle. She was supposedly banging Goines so they concocted this plan to get back at Nicolas and Tuttle.
T Durden
AG
Art is sailing away to Miami but should pay for this corruption and never be a chief anywhere ever again. Someone give us hope that happens.
Righteousgemstone
Corrupt cop goes free. So dirty.
Mas89
AG
So why no Federal charges? We know Harris County courts can't be trusted.

It's like after former Mayor Lanier's family got involved and provided Goines with attorneys, the prosecutors suddenly backed off. He reportedly had a long time relationship with certain family members.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.