Houston
Sponsored by

Osteen and Kanye

8,660 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Scantron882
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
David_Puddy
AG
That is going to be an absolute disaster. Note to self, do not go anywhere near 59 on Sunday.
BrazosDog02
AG
How much is the cover charge....errr....I mean tithe?
IrishTxAggie
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

How much is the cover charge....errr....I mean tithe?
10%... DUH!!
P.H. Dexippus
AG
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
BohunkAg
AG
I just started laughing when I saw this ish
Token
AG
Saw Sunday Service in Long Beach. It was amazing
Boo Weekley
"Hood Joel Osteen, I got big dreams"
NoahAg
Unbelievable that he would hang out with that punk loser.

I expect better of Kanye.
chimpanzee
It will be good for Osteen to interact with someone with a deeper theological base.
Texaggie7nine
He already was in town for Astroworld fest.
7nine
Al Bula
AG
chimpanzee said:

It will be good for Osteen to interact with someone with a deeper theological base.
this poster = not all heroes wear capes.
wessimo
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Quote:

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- It turns out you'll have two opportunities to see rapper Kanye West at Lakewood Church this Sunday.

Earlier in the week, a church spokesperson announced he'll be at the 11 a.m. service in the auditorium for a conversation with Pastor Joel Osteen on West's faith journey and overcoming adversity.

The service and parking are free and open to the public. But if you can't attend, Lakewood says you can watch the service live on the church's Facebook and YouTube pages, website, app and on SiriusXM's Joel Osteen Radio channel 128 as well as the SiriusXM app.

But that's not all West will be doing at the church on Sunday.

Later in the evening, West will hold his own Sunday Service at Lakewood.

It's free, but you'll need to get an e-ticket through the TicketMaster website or app starting Saturday, Nov. 16.

The night concert will include performances from West and his choir and will also be streamed.

Doors open at 5:30 p.m. The show starts at 7 p.m.

The visit stems from a personal invite from Osteen back on Oct. 25.

The spokesperson said Osteen and West "do speak from time to time," and according to an article published by TMZ, Osteen is a fan of West and believes his life is rooted in faith and love.

West released a gospel album last month entitled "Jesus is King."
Madman
AG
In the building

Osteen
Kanye

Not in the building

Jesus
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
Madman said:

In the building

Osteen
Kanye

Not in the building

Jesus
His shift doesn't start until after the service is over. He's got floor mopping duties this weekend.
Waltonloads08
AG
"Jesus walked"
BoxingAg84
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
No Henny, no care.
Texaggie7nine
BoxingAg84 said:

Gotta be filled with the "spirit".
7nine
Madman
AG
Joel is the modern Sabbatai Zevi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabbatai_Zevi
case04
AG
I want to go just to people watch.
Post removed:
by user
Juan Solo
AG
any members got a presale code?

edit: It's KWLK19
aggieloko
AG
Liquid Wrench
case04 said:

I want to go just to people watch.
Would be entertaining, but I don't want to be anywhere near the Summit or Greenway when that traffic bomb drops. I've gotten stuck down there when some random motivational old lady was guest speaking and even that's enough to screw up traffic for everyone.
Ag_07
AG
Kayne doin God's work at the Harris County klink

https://instagr.am/p/B46FTcPAsQa
Al Bula
AG
People mad at Kanye for boogalooing in Harris County jail with hardened criminals.

Same people: Johnny Cash fans who love Folsom Prison Blues.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
I'm not normally a Texas Monthly fan, but I found this cynical take amusing:
Quote:

Pastor Joel Osteen will welcome Kanye West to his Houston megachurch Sunday morning. Strange as their collaboration may seem, West and Osteen "are friends," a Lakewood Church representative told the Houston Chronicle, having long ago set aside ideological differences over helping people during hurricanes to find common ground in their Christian faith.

West recently recommitted his life to God and/or released an album, Jesus Is King, whose songs preach of the Lord's awesome power to deliver you from the temptation of Instagram likes, and lead you toward finer, more expensive things. This is the precisely the kind of down-home prosperity gospel that's music to Osteen's ears, of course, which should make their planned conversation about "Kanye's journey to faith" an illuminating oneat least until West inevitably goes off on a tangent about Drake, or how God called upon him to make weird algae shoes.

God's humble servant (who's currently mulling a name change to "Christian Genius Billionaire Kanye West") will return to perform at 7 p.m. with his traveling choir, stars of the weekly Sunday Service events that many regard as Kanye's practice run for a megachurch of his own. You can become an early convert by tuning in via TV, SiriusXM, or Lakewood's website, or simply following the aghast live-tweets.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/the-culture/hollywood-texas-kanye-west-takes-joel-osteen-to-church/
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
MAROON
AG
So I wake up to the sound of a news helicopter hovering near my neighborhood I assume filming crowd shots at Lakewood. I guess I'll avoid that area as I make my way to my old fashioned church service today. I wonder if Travis Scott, Bun B, Paul Wall and Slim Thig make an appearance ?
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
I think Slim Thug actually goes to Lakewood every now and then.
Al Bula
AG
Liquid Wrench
Shife said:

People mad at Kanye for boogalooing in Harris County jail with hardened criminals.

Same people: Johnny Cash fans who love Folsom Prison Blues.
Who's mad at him?

Marvin_Zindler
AG
MAROON said:

So I wake up to the sound of a news helicopter hovering near my neighborhood I assume filming crowd shots at Lakewood. I guess I'll avoid that area as I make my way to my old fashioned church service today. I wonder if Travis Scott, Bun B, Paul Wall and Slim Thig make an appearance ?
That's a "I live in West U" humble brag.
Al Bula
AG

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.