Houston
Sponsored by

AC/Furnace replacement company

3,680 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Boo Weekley
IDaggie06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can someone please recommend a company in the westchase area that can install new AC/Furnace for relatively cheap? I need a 4 ton unit. Mine isn't cooling good and I have a ghetto window unit supplementing it for now.
I can get by another week or so to avoid paying "emergency" pricing. I got one quote today and it was $9,500 for an American Standard 16 seer. Not sure if this is a good price or not but seems slightly high and I'm lolpoor.

aftershock
I've received two bids in the last two weeks for a full replacement of a 5 ton. American standard and ruud were the units quoted. Both were 9500-9700.
Know1
AG
Call Jim Wolf with Enviromax Services, his mobile is 832-347-0807. He's an Ag and he'll take great care of you.
shihitemuslim
AG
A second to jim wolf with environmax
OnlyForNow
AG
It's still going to be 9k+ for a legit system you want in your house.
AggieStan
Replaced 3.5 ton last week. Outside part and plenum, new pan. 4300
IDaggie06
AG
Quote:

It's still going to be 9k+ for a legit system you want in your house.

Not true, I got 3 quotes today $6,800, $6,700, $6,300 all with essentially the identical Trane equipment. This also includes a crane as my condenser is on roof of second story. All with two year labor warranty and 10+ year hardware warranty. If I used Goodman I could get it done for $5,000 but don't trust that company.
idAg09
Anyone seeing HVAC companies actually diagnosing and repairing? Seems like a lot push for new systems and "10 year warranties".
OnlyForNow
AG

Was the AS variable speed while the Trane is single speed? SEER rating the same?

That's quite a bit different and if the only difference is the timing then, screw that first company.
combat wombat™
AG
I used Beede A/C and Heating. Galen Beede is the owner. He installed a Goodman AC unit in our home. Goodman AC units are made out in (or just west of) Katy. I've had other AC folks talk down about Goodman units, but they have a good warranty and Galen registered it for us. He was by far the least expensive because of the cost of the Goodman unit. It's been in our house for over a year now and we've been really satisfied with it.

https://www.beedeacandheat.com/

IDaggie06
AG
Quote:

Was the AS variable speed while the Trane is single speed? SEER rating the same?
That's quite a bit different and if the only difference is the timing then, screw that first company.

The first company (it's a TINY company which would make you think lower price) offered American Standard single stage 16 Seer. All the other quotes I got were Trane single stage 16 seer. So essentially all apples to apples as I don't think there is much pricing difference between the three and Trane owns American Standard.

A couple other larger company quotes I received by phone were around $10k for similar systems. The company I ended up going with (Air Bourne Air) who I'd say is closer to a medium sized company but they have good reviews online. He threw in a few small adders like Honeywell ozone light, completely replace plenum, 4" media filter setup, and a couple others. They surveyed the system yesterday and seem very knowledgeable. They are installing on Tuesday, hopefully all goes well. Total is $6,500 with crane.

The cost for these systems is like $2,500-$3000 so charging $10k is ridiculous to me. I get profit, but got to be competitive. However I think a lot of people aren't as cheap as I am and won't shop around.
JosephMarcus
shihitemuslim said:

A second to jim wolf with environmax
3rd for Environmax.
idAg09
IDaggie06 said:

Quote:

The first company (it's a TINY company which would make you think lower price) offered American Standard single stage 16 Seer. All the other quotes I got were Trane single stage 16 seer. So essentially all apples to apples as I don't think there is much pricing difference between the three and Trane owns American Standard.

A couple other larger company quotes I received by phone were around $10k for similar systems. The company I ended up going with (Air Bourne Air) who I'd say is closer to a medium sized company but they have good reviews online. He threw in a few small adders like Honeywell ozone light, completely replace plenum, 4" media filter setup, and a couple others. They surveyed the system yesterday and seem very knowledgeable. They are installing on Tuesday, hopefully all goes well. Total is $6,500 with crane.

The cost for these systems is like $2,500-$3000 so charging $10k is ridiculous to me. I get profit, but got to be competitive. However I think a lot of people aren't as cheap as I am and won't shop around.

What's the 6500 getting you? Outdoor unit + coil? Furnace and duct plenum included too?
IDaggie06
AG
Quote:

What's the 6500 getting you? Outdoor unit + coil? Furnace and duct plenum included too?

Entire new Trane system (basically everything other than ducting): 4 ton 16 seer outdoor condenser, 4 ton indoor coil, gas furnace, plenum, media filter assembly, honeywell uv light, insulate all the outdoor cables (last owner/contractor did a pathetic job), everything up to code, and 2 year labor warranty.

It's not a "steal", but it's a great price.
aggiecody06
ID Aggie, who did you use? Ive gotten 2 different quotes one for an Ameristar system and another for the "generic brand" of carrier. The quotes are for a 14 seer 3 ton unit with the normal replacement of everything and both quotes are over $8k. We plan on selling and moving within the next 1-2 years max so do not want to put in a top of the line system. Thanks for info!
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Do yourself a favor and go 2 stage (or even better, VS). The incremental price difference likely isn't that big, and you will have better dehumidification and lower utility bills if correctly sized.
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
Post removed:
by user
jaggiemaggie
AG
How's your AC running since install?
Boo Weekley
Stacy_L_Jones said:

Call Jim Wolf with Enviromax Services, his mobile is 832-347-0807. He's an Ag and he'll take great care of you.
Couldn't afford them.

Highly recommend A&M Mechanical Corp.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.