Houston
Sponsored by

Highly Recommend this Blog

12,642 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by alphatweaker
suburban cowboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll pray for you sir
Gordon McKernan
Fascinating stuff. I read it all believe everything, didn't read to me like you were exaggerating or making stuff up. Hope you can stay clean & keep being a positive influence going forward. I read through all your blogs last night relatively quickly but I didn't quite understand the timing of your divorce/birth of daughter. I realize you don't owe anyone anything & may not want to talk about any of that (Which is perfectly fine). Just something I thought about to understand your background better & the build up to the 'tweaker' lifestyle & getting caught up in the fast pace.

You could be a hell of a contributor to the tine board with your experience...
JW_TXAG13
AG
Just stumbled upon this and over a few days read through the posts. Really hope you stay clean man.

There's some great story telling in those posts and it's pretty wild to read about. As some mentioned already, that lifestyle that just hides in plain sight is crazy to think about.

Stay the course brother!
alphatweaker
Gordon- my daughter was born in April of 13; we divorced in Spring of 15. I finished the CFA in summer of 14 and if I had to guess, I believe my increased Adderall and self-medication leading up to the exam left me with a lot of energy that was not tapered down nor channeled in the right direction post-exam. Those tests were challenging but I absolutely loved studying for them (maybe that was just the drugs though, not sure.) Blogging in recovery is helping me analyze the factors that led up to my collapse.

Suburban- Thank you sir I appreciate that very much.

Stat- Sh*t if you or anyone know of any security consultant type roles or companies that would benefit from my knowledge please let me know. If anyone knows any company or ANY job available in Austin or Dallas that would hire someone with a story like mine please, please, let me know. I have a BS in Finance and Marketing from a very good private university and other than this arrest my record is spotless.

If anyone knows of any writing gigs I have a lot of positive feedback on my writing from my blog. I am about to surpass 60,000 views by 25,000 users in the first two months since launching. I also have references from an SVP in my old company that said he would speak to my character and skills for any company considering me for hire. I have no felony convictions on my record. Since this was the first time I had ever been in any type of legal trouble the judge offered me deferred adjudication as long as I did the jail time and complete my probation. I am coming up on two years of clean time next month. Please e-mail thealphatweaker@gmail.com to reach me.

I realize that is a shot in the dark, but I have to try, lol. I am determined to put my life back together one way or the other. Thank you so much for the positive feedback and words of encouragement. If anyone is dealing with family members or loved ones caught up in addiction you are welcome to email me. I have no formal education or experience in drug counseling and I preface all such discussions with that disclosure, but I will be more than happy to share with you honest insight from someone that has walked that path before. It's such a terrible situation to have to deal with and I regret putting everyone that cared the most about me through what I put them through.

Mustang1
AG
Ask your lawyer to request a non-disclosure order from the court- you should already be eligible for it if just misdemeanor, felony is a 5 yr wait. Not an expungement but it would help you when applying for jobs (nothing should come up on a background check).
alphatweaker
Mustang- good looking out, unfortunately it was for felony charges so my understanding is that I have to wait for 5 years after my probation has ended to file for the non-disclosure.
Stan Crowch
AG
I vote to make alphatweaker an official member of the Tine board and unofficial Ag. His good BS is sorely needed around here.
Thunder18
AG
Motion seconded
sts7049
AG
are we sure this isn't Catch?
Pasquale Liucci
AG
Stan Crowch said:

I vote to make alphatweaker an official member of the Tine board and unofficial Ag. His good BS is sorely needed around here.

+1. Alphatweaker you should stick around
Stan Crowch
AG
New blog post today
MemorialTXAg
Stan Crowch said:

New blog post today

Jail doesn't sound so bad. Chill, play games, watch some Astros and daily entertainment in the form of MMA without the octagon. It's also comforting to know that when you face three felony counts each with 2-10 years you can get away with 6 months total if you get a good lawyer.
Al Bula
AG
That Vegas private jet post is wild. I already wondered what scammers are up to when working class schmucks like me are caught up in the rat race. The article linked in the post matches a Facebook profile out there.
cr0wbar
AG
alphatweaker said:

I have a friend that is an Aggie that used to play volleyball with me at Wakefield crobar and could probably get him to vouch for me on this forum.

Does his name rhyme with... Bryan Ball?
jetch17
AG
Sad I've missed this thread and background the last few days
alphatweaker
In my old professional role...when we were in what we thought was a heavy and heated debate...and felt as if we were approaching substantial core arguments of critical personal financial planning issues...my old boss would interject with "alright...this horse is turning into glue." LMAO...horse...glue..beating a dead horse...man that ****s still funny.

Anyways...I hope I am not doing that by bumping this thread in a shameless self promotion, but I have a new post on my blog. For everyone that has lived a lot of other places than Houston, you can't deny that there is something about this city and cars. Houstonians just love their rides. It's undeniable. This weeks post is a story about greed, luxury car rentals, and finding yourself in a situation that you just really shouldn't be in. Thank you again for your support and good luck against Bama.

https://alphatweaker.com/bentleys-break-ins-and-380s/
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
According to your blog, last time the Astros won it all you were in the pokey. Now, you are free and the team just dropped two in a row and have their backs against the wall. I don't wish this on you, but you are gonna have to do something terrible and get locked up again, and do it fast. You have about 9 hours, so get to work. If you love this city, and you love the Astros, go do something terrible and help them win!
alphatweaker
ಠ_ಠ
BigPuma
Al Bula
AG
wonder who drew this for that site?

trip
AG
These stories sound all to real having a dad that is a defense attorney and helping him a bunch on cases.

This guy isn't faking these stories.

Alpha- good luck. managing the highs and low without using are the tough days. You are stronger than you think you are.
alphatweaker
Thanks Trip, I appreciate your saying that. And Shife, its pretty cool comic right?! I found this guy on an artists subreddit. He is from Argentina and his name is Frederico Guillen. His DeviantArt is: tfguillen.deviantart.com if you want to see his other stuff.

alphatweaker
Hey guys!

Just wanted to bump this thread and let yall know that I have a new posting up..a huge part of my life during this time was spent in those underground gamerooms. Most of you know they exist, but not really what goes on inside of them....I have tons to share about my experience in learning about and then running my own gameroom and am sharing them over multiple posts.

I was also able to get that professional storyboard illustrator to contribute a pretty sweet illustration that I then took to a different guy to animate. Turned out pretty sweet. Hope you are all doing well and thank you for your interest! Cheers!

https://alphatweaker.com/gametown/
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.