Houston
Sponsored by

Highly Recommend this Blog

12,574 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by alphatweaker
Stan Crowch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://alphatweaker.com/
Al Bula
AG
Stan Crowch said:

https://alphatweaker.com/
thank you for posting, saw this on Reddit awhile back and have been trying to remember the link. Whether made up or real its good timesuck material.
Stan Crowch
AG
It's highly entertaining and the author is a pretty damn good writer.
sts7049
AG
that s*** is nuts.

also will be changing all my passwords again asap
Liquid Wrench
Yeah, saw it when the author posted on r/houston (I think). Not sure how far I got into it.
Ags #1
AG
TLDR. Cliff notes?
Tabasco
AG
Here is my take on tl;dr (granted I only read for 10 min tops)

That guy is so full of s***. I believe all the stuff he said, but you know the BS'ers that like to brag about how hard they are or are so hard core. Looked at the stuff where he was just starting out and studying for the CFA exam. This is the part of "how I got hooked on meth."

He starts by saying he smokes weed in the morning because it likes it when he listens to music in the morning, and it makes him hungry so he can eat breakfast before he takes 30mg of Adderall, which suppresses appetite (uh... ok). Takes another 30mg Adderall at 10:30am to keep the train rolling.

after work, more weed. drinks 200ml crown (four shots) to prep him for 3-6 beers, then more pot at night.

{edit to add} takes oxycontin/hydrocodon plus sleep meds to help him sleep with all the adderall he is tweeked on.

haven't even got to the point where he started with meth, but I know the answer is he is an addict. He is also an attention-seeker, and I bet exaggerates a lot of what he writes. Pretty impressed with himself, even if he does is in a self-depreciating manner.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Anyone know if this is actually true? My wife seems to think it's just a good writer trying to get clicks and similar type blogs have been outed as fakes lately.
Liquid Wrench
It felt like a bit of creative writing to me. May be an actual addict, but I was curious what badass high finance gig he was holding down while getting into all of this. Something tells me he may be overstating the high ceiling of an hourly call center gig, and studying for the CFA probably meant browsing some materials online.
MAS444
AG
Seems true but exaggerated. I just read a few of the posts but already found one thing that is a stretch of the truth. Nothing too substantive, but I'd guess there's lots of that.
BrazosDog02
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Anyone know if this is actually true? My wife seems to think it's just a good writer trying to get clicks and similar type blogs have been outed as fakes lately.
I know that i had a prescription for Adderall and if he is taking double doses of 30mg, he may want to dial that back a bit. It will suppress the heck out of an petite though. I rationed 30 mg a WEEK and that was more than enough to let me get the job done, maintain weight, get enough sleep, and not have a heart attack.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Read the dude's whole story up to yesterday's post. I'd say its probably 90% true. Dude is pretty good at telling a story. If you are from Houston, its worth reading. Dude does a great job of describing the kind of fraud / scams / id theft in pretty great detail.

Also the stuff about the game rooms was pretty wild. I knew that kind of thing was pretty common, but had no idea it was on that scale.

For folks that doubt that he started in a professional environment like that, ... its way more common than you think. You've probably interacted with folks at some stage of that process and didn't know it.

Hope the dude stays clean. The stats on re-lapse for meth addicts is pretty wild.
alphatweaker
howdy y'all, lol

I do not make up anything that I share on my blog. I wasn't studying for the CFA, I competed all levels and work requirements and attained my Charter in 2014. I was also a CFP. I worked for the same company for 10 years and eventually became a Senior Wealth Manager.

- 2 doses of 30mg daily was eventually what I was prescribed by my psych. I was given 60 pills every 30 days.

- my writing is not creative fan fiction. I share my message to try and prevent other high functioning addicts in stressful corporate life from taking their addiction as far as I did.

Outside of the extent that we took our fraud activities, nothing I posted is really that crazy of a story for a meth addict that had a lot of money, unfortunately.

I have a friend that is an Aggie that used to play volleyball with me at Wakefield crobar and could probably get him to vouch for me on this forum. I posted as many pictures and news articles related to my story as I could find.

Thank you for sharing my story. If anyone has any specific questions I will be happy to answer them. Also if a moderator of this forum wants to know my real name and verify my work experience and designations I would be happy to show them my LinkedIn and CFA and CFP designations numbers, arrest records, maybe even police reports that will confirm I did not lie in what I shared.

Also, not sure if I will get banned being that I am not an Aggie or if only aggies are supposed to be posting here, but I was able to create an account pretty easily.

If you would rather I not share my thoughts I will be happy to leave y'all as I am learning not everyone is interested in what a lowlife meth criminal addict has to say.

alphatweaker

I Am A Critic
Is your last name Barnes?
Post removed:
by user
Stat Monitor Repairman
Good luck to you man.

Hopefully, somebody reads your story and curtails going down that road themselves.

Enjoyed reading your insight on DMT.
chico
AG
alpha - have you been contacted by a screenwriter? No doubt your story could be a movie....
good luck staying clean/sober -
Stan Crowch
AG
Can you please post more pics of Allie for scientific purposes?
Stat Monitor Repairman
chico said:

alpha - have you been contacted by a screenwriter? No doubt your story could be a movie....
good luck staying clean/sober -

Yeah, no joke. I was thinking this as well.

Alpha would have a lot to contribute as a writer or advisor to a screenplay or tv show.
Texaggie7nine
I read your DMT post. I found it interesting because from all the stuff I've read and heard DMT is useful as a way to get addicts off of drugs. Rogan likes to push that idea.
7nine
Stat Monitor Repairman
Would like to hear your view on prescription Adderall and how it may have contributed to kicking this whole thing off.

From reading your story, it seems like that was a key factor in all of this ... trying to keep all that under control while in a fast paced job/life.

Might make for a good blog post a some point.
alphatweaker
- name isn't Barnes

- Stan Crowch lmao and really man thank you for sharing the link to my site. I appreciate that

- yes I have be contacted by a storyboard illustrator that I confirmed is working on the new Bill and Ted about a screenplay but he cancelled our phone call and hasn't reached back to me to reschedule.

- I am sure people reading this are going to comment that my story should not be glorified and who the ef do I think I am. I am nothing but a criminal that should still be in jail for my crimes. I find that many people stop reading my story part way through and don't get to the parts where I talk about there being no good end game with drugs and fraud and everything I did. I am not proud of what I did. I lost everything. My career, my family, being able to watch my daughter grow up every day. Every day I have regrets about what I lost. The blog gives me an outlet and a release and something healthy to hang on to.

- I work in 100% commissioned based sales (might as well be a used car salesman, lol). It's frustrating but I have no one to blame but myself. Yes I am well aware of that.

The DMT stuff gets a lot of reaction. I mean what I say about that being something I think everyone should try once. I have never heard Joe Rogans podcast but I have always thought he made a lot of sense when i have heard him talk. Especially when he called out Carlos Mencia, lol

Thank you all for telling me you enjoy my writing. It's a polarizing topic so some people like it and others hate on it. I'm just telling my story. I wouldn't have thought Aggies to have this reaction. I always thought y'all were much more conservative and tough on crime/criminals type sh**. Thank you again.
Charlie Murphy
Saw this on Reddit as well, pretty captivating stuff. Seems like the writer maybe doing it more as a cathartic act instead of attention seeking like suggested above. The most interesting part to me is the slide from a seemingly normal life into drugs and crime. I'd suggest this guy collect his thoughts and write a book, maybe some good can come of his story.
alphatweaker
And the adderall usage I was able to maintain control over from 1999-2015. I was doing it but i have a feeling my liver and daily alcohol intake would have done me over if the adderall didnt.

Adderall I felt was a godsend at the time. I had never been able to sit down and study like I could on Addie. I had a saying "with adderall anything is possible." I wish I could take adderall today without the negative and harsh comedown. I guess that doesn't exist though and now that I see I'm an addict I don't know what medication would be appropriate. I take a lot of Kratom all day every day now and that helps with my anxiety.
Post removed:
by user
MAS444
AG
Yeah that's the hardest part to imagine. I have young kids and just can't imagine hurting/losing them in any way. I hope you're able to reconcile that. You've got lots of time. Don't f it up again.

Post removed:
by user
Boo Weekley
Tabasco said:

Here is my take on tl;dr (granted I only read for 10 min tops)

That guy is so full of s***. I believe all the stuff he said, but you know the BS'ers that like to brag about how hard they are or are so hard core. Looked at the stuff where he was just starting out and studying for the CFA exam. This is the part of "how I got hooked on meth."

He starts by saying he smokes weed in the morning because it likes it when he listens to music in the morning, and it makes him hungry so he can eat breakfast before he takes 30mg of Adderall, which suppresses appetite (uh... ok). Takes another 30mg Adderall at 10:30am to keep the train rolling.

after work, more weed. drinks 200ml crown (four shots) to prep him for 3-6 beers, then more pot at night.

{edit to add} takes oxycontin/hydrocodon plus sleep meds to help him sleep with all the adderall he is tweeked on.

haven't even got to the point where he started with meth, but I know the answer is he is an addict. He is also an attention-seeker, and I bet exaggerates a lot of what he writes. Pretty impressed with himself, even if he does is in a self-depreciating manner.
Have a buddy that got on a pattern like this over time, only even more extreme I think (which sounds crazy).

Most addicts just fall in love with a drug and think it cures all their problems and they go all in on that. Some people use a cocktail of drugs in a very organized and regimented fashion, even at high doses, in order to function...until it becomes too much and the wheels come off. It's fascinating from a certain standpoint but very sad.
Aggie09Derek
AG
I always assume the names hes using are fake, but has anyone tried to find the people in the stories based on stuff like this:

Quote:

As we became closer friends I learned he was an ex oil and gas software engineer. Ohio State Law and University of North Texas undergrad.
Guess he could be changing up the schools as well.

edit: https://www.dallasnews.com/news/news/2016/06/09/oilman-sued-after-credit-card-with-5000-limit-used-to-charter-jets-rent-bentley-maserati-in-dallas - the guy referenced above - hadn't made it that far in the article when i made original post.
alphatweaker
Reconciliation is not likely. My ex and daughter are about to move in with her boyfriend whom I like and respect. I am glad she found someone that isn't an addict and he seems like a really good dude. Thinking of her and my daughter alone and vulnerable in a home without a male used to drive me crazy when I sobered up. When I was using I would just use more meth whenever any feelings of guilt came on. This mentality exacerbated my whole demise as you can imagine. I have no plans on messing up this second chance. I am trying everything i know to not fall back into that life. I dont know what direction to go work wise or life wise for that matter, I am just taking it one day at a time. It sucks....it really sucks...to see all of my friends that didnt piss their lives away posting on facebook. But I need to stay grateful that I am still alive and not in jail. It can always be worse and I have to keep repeating that to myself. I hope everyone realizes how fragile life is and even the most dedicated and honest people can literally be just a few dopamine rushes away from losing control of everything
alphatweaker
Aggie09Derek said:

I always assume the names hes using are fake, but has anyone tried to find the people in the stories based on stuff like this:

Quote:

As we became closer friends I learned he was an ex oil and gas software engineer. Ohio State Law and University of North Texas undergrad.
Guess he could be changing up the schools as well.

edit: https://www.dallasnews.com/news/news/2016/06/09/oilman-sued-after-credit-card-with-5000-limit-used-to-charter-jets-rent-bentley-maserati-in-dallas - the guy referenced above - hadn't made it that far in the article when i made original post.

Yeah he's in jail right now. FYI.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Also if a moderator of this forum wants to know my real name and verify my work experience and designations I would be happy to show them my LinkedIn and CFA and CFP designations numbers, arrest records, maybe even police reports that will confirm I did not lie in what I shared.
No need to bend over backwards or compromise your privacy to prove anything here. And no, you shouldn't get banned; non-Aggie are generally welcomed here unless they post certain things on the sports-related forums.

I'll read some more of it. You're not a bad writer, which is part of what made me wonder to what extent it might be some kind of writing project because it had more flow than a journal/confessional type thing. I'll read some more. Thanks for posting.
MAS444
AG
I was only talking about reconciliation with your daughter. Sounds like that's on track, which is great. I assumed the ex wasn't a possibility. Good luck man.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Agreed. No need to prove anything on here to anyone. I read all your posts last night and it was very clear to me that it was a genuine personal account of what happened. Its the kind of stuff you couldn't really sit down and make up if you tried.

I think some of the initial skepticism is from folks who aren't real familiar with that kind of latent underground lifestyle hidden in plain sight.

If I were in your shoes, I'd take a hard look at trying to get in with a company doing fraud detection consulting or something of that nature.

Probably be difficult to get on with a company directly due to your record, but I think theres probably a private consulting firm out there that could use someone with your kind of real world experience.

Its a double edged sword though. You get some cash flow going from a good job, the temptation for re-lapse goes up along with it.

Good luck man.
Thunder18
AG
Just read all the blog posts, pretty wild **** man. I hope you keep telling your story if it helps you work towards getting your life back on track
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.