Houston
Sponsored by

Texas Woman's hospital

8,374 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by realtalk123
MemorialTXAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Snipes
AG
Are you sure you didn't end up in Ben Taub on accident?

My wife delivered there and it was fine.

The delivery and post pardum rooms looked ok.

Nurses were all on point.

Only issue is when we got assigned the staff Dr when our doctor went home sick.
Betoisafurry
It's possible because houston is the first stop for the majority of Central American and East Asian poors who are flooding the country. HTH
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Don't do it. They are surviving on reputation from 20 years ago. Terrible experience with my first. Second one we went to the one at Memorial city mall and it was first class all the way. Go there.
drumboy
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Don't do it. They are surviving on reputation from 20 years ago. Terrible experience with my first. Second one we went to the one at Memorial city mall and it was first class all the way. Go there.

Same

Same
bigjag19
AG
It's not a great place. Pavilion for Women at TCH much better.

TWH main advertising point is they were first for women. Not the best point ultimately.
MAS444
AG
Delivered our twins there and spent 4&5 weeks in NICU. No complaints here at all other than a random fill in nurse we didn't like once during that time. Everything else was good.
ATM9000
AG
Wife and I had 2 kids there. Haven't had a lot of hospital experiences but unsure what the beef is with that place. Both times the visit was as comfortable as I might expect from a hospital and the staff was attentive enough. Not exactly a new and modern building but it was fine.
Madmarttigan
AG
Every hospital in the med center has junky looking areas it's natural with age. Doesn't mean the quality of care isn't there.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Visit here. And nowhere else.

https://women.texaschildrens.org/
jakelew04
AG
Had a good experience there with our youngest, but that was 4 years ago.
KDubAg
AG
It was good for us 9-10 years ago. Haven't been there since.
Diggity
AG
We did too Jake!

Didn't realize I was at an #LOLpoor hospital!
ATM9000
AG
The place is fine. OP probably saw a couple too many Mexicans for their personal sensibilities and made some assumptions on the quality of the place.
MemorialTXAg
ATM9000 said:

The place is fine. OP probably saw a couple too many Mexicans for their personal sensibilities and made some assumptions on the quality of the place.

The room was something from a Hitchcock movie. This is how I imagine hospitals looking like in Soviet Union. To be fair, my only other point of reference is Texas children's which is far superior in every aspect.
MemorialTXAg
Didn't mean to offend anyone. Just surprised at what I saw. I'm sure otherwise it's all good and your snowflakes are well taken care of.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Wife's OBGYN is an attending there, so both kids there. Hospital is fine if a bit dated. Nurses are absolutely A-list.
KDubAg
AG
Each hospital has its pros and cons. I've seen a disabled child at Tx Children's that was not very well attended to and she she died moments later after I kept telling staff they needed to do something. They were not in any rush. I guess they didn't recognize the severity of the situation like i did. That made me rethink taking my kid to TX Childrens ER.

Another hospital in Waco, I'm pretty certain my grandfather would have died if I hadn't came in. That's another small story.
drumboy
AG
Nothing catastrophic happened there but the nurses pretty much all had thick accents so hard to understand at time, they weren't all that nice, rooms sucked and hard for me to sleep in and God forbid a new dad go home to get sleep. Plus it costs $14 or so in valet fees to leave and get food.

Memorial City hospital was much better and State Fare is downstairs.
ATM9000
AG
No Pressure said:

Didn't mean to offend anyone. Just surprised at what I saw. I'm sure otherwise it's all good and your snowflakes are well taken care of.

Nice attempt to flip the snowflake script after tipping your hat that you were repulsed by... an older building?
Diggity
AG
Or you could walk to the damn garage for free. Takes all of 5 minutes.
Ag_07
AG
Make sure you take care of your birth certificate ASAP.
Your Friend
Stories pls
drumboy
AG
You ever tell a woman in labor that she gotta walk from the garage cause you're not gonna valet so you can get a burger from Guys Meat Market tomorrow?!
Fall92
AG
Two at Methodist and one at TCHP4W. Both were top notch.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
Al Bula
AG
This thread turned into slap fighting and bragging about where all of your cows dropped the crotch fruit.

Why can't the Houston board go back to debating the merits of Joy and pub fiction?
The Kraken
AG
How about some details? What about it makes you conclude it's 3rd world dump?
BMX Bandit
New World Ag said:

How about some details? What about it makes you conclude it's 3rd world dump?

Mexicans.
Bondag
AG
It's cause all the yuppie women's had their babies in bathtubs so TEXAS women's had to expand their net for clients.
archangelus2
AG
My personal anecdote...

We had a phenomenal experience with our 4 kids being born there, particularly with the nurses. We happened to get the same nurse twice with the first two kids and she coordinated with us to deliver our 3rd to keep the streak going. When she couldn't make it for our 4th she came in on her day off and visited us in our room after the birth.

Can't say enough good things about those Nurses.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
My ex had a C-Section with our second there. Post partum was fine but she got an infection after we left and had to go back in to a regular room with no nursery care for the newborn. That was one of the worst four day stretches of my life.
Boo Weekley
Bondag said:

It's cause all the yuppie women's had their babies in bathtubs so TEXAS women's had to expand their net for clients.
schmellba99
AG
My youngest was delivered at TWH. No complaints about the staff, but we were forgotten about in the private rooms that you can pay for out of pocket post delivery. Wife spent 3 or 4 days there, they basically didn't realize we had reserved the room for the first day or two. Admin made up for it by cutting my bill in half when I had a chance meeting with one of the administrators on the elevator.

TCH is a different story - my oldest had to go there a few years back for what turned out to be nothing more than strep that the attending at our local ER wouldn't bother to look at because she was below age 4. We spent 10 hours at TCH, 4 of which were waiting in the lobby because it was beyond overflowing with people - most of whom were non-English speaking and likely non-insured. Finally got to a room, saw the nurse pretty quickly after getting the room. Didn't see another soul on the medical staff for another 5 hours, and that was only after I lost my sht and went and hunted somebody down. Very disappointing experience.
Mr07Ag
AG
My wife is high risk so both boys were delivered there. The doctors and delivery nurses were great (along with the NICU nurses) but some of the postpartum nurses left something to be desired.

The facilities are not the greatest looking but I wasn't there for the aesthetics.
NICU Dad
AG
Mr07Ag said:

My wife is high risk so both boys were delivered there. The doctors and delivery nurses were great (along with the NICU nurses) but some of the postpartum nurses left something to be desired.

The facilities are not the greatest looking but I wasn't there for the aesthetics.

Same.

I have 2 former NICU babies. With my boys and wife's extended stay there, we "lived" in that hospital for 6 months. The facilities are meh, but that's not the selling part for me.

The MCNA Neonatology Group is top flight. I wouldn't want any other group of neonates watching over my boys.

The nursing staff there was also very good.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.