Houston
Sponsored by

The Turkey Leg Hut

18,534 Views | 115 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Marauder Blue 6
BoxingAg84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Has anyone ever been to this place to try these stuffed turkey legs? I must admit, I've never seen meat fall off the bone like that.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-turkey-leg-hut-houston-4

https://instagr.am/p/BtEVfDNHj_c
Diggity
AG
2-3 hour waits on the weekend.

One hand, that means it's probably good. On the other hand, no thanks.
Liquid Wrench
I'd like to check it out based on the yelp page, looks like something inspired by Carnival Eats on Food network.

Maybe I'll be in that area on a weekday; no way I'm standing in line for 2-3 hours.
BoxingAg84

Dill-Ag13
AG
Buy an ad
Whoop Delecto
AG
GoAgs92
AG
$24 for a fancy turkey leg, God Bless America.
Diggity
AG
on Almeda no less!
Big Cat `93
AG
Just buy some from the truck parked across from Chevron on West Orem & Kirby.
jja79
AG
I was eating at Blue Moon BBQ on OSR NE of Bryan a couple of weeks ago and overhead some people talking about driving to Houston to eat there. I asked if they had been there or were just planning to go and they said they have driven from BCS a couple of times to eat there. Not a turkey fan but it must be some kind of good.
HtownAg92
AG
Diggity said:

on Almeda no less!
I could go get a few legs and probably save money on my Spanish Village bill. Seems like every time we go there I get into the margaritas a bit and end up spending a couple of bills.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Quote:

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Residents near a beloved Houston restaurant are suing the owners, claiming the smoke coming from the property is toxic.

The plaintiffs' attorney, Cris Feldman, claims they've tried to contact the business directly to come up with a resolution.

"We allege the Turkey Leg Hut's illegal operations create a range of activity that is harmful to people and property. With a noxious stream of pollutants that permeate the neighborhood, the restaurant is a public health risk in more ways than one," Feldman said in a written statement. "Unlike a neighbor who occasionally holds a backyard barbecue - or even comparable restaurants anywhere else in Houston - the Turkey Leg Hut is a veritable unregulated and unenclosed illegal outdoor meat smoking factory."

Employees at the restaurant said they were aware of the complaints, but believe the lawsuit is an exaggerated response to a neighborhood complaint.
What a bunch of snowflake vaginas
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

the Turkey Leg Hut is a veritable unregulated
Would say there was a plethora of smoke?
BoxingAg84
86 Tex Ag
AG
Damn good food! Recommended.
Petrino1
Just dont go there on Sunday. It looks a little like an Aloft pool party lol.
Panama Red
AG
Racism and political pay-to-play protection. What more could you ask for in a turkey leg battle?

Where do the firefighters stand this week on the Turkey Hut?

Quote:

"These gentrifiers have moved into these areas, and now they want to move out these black businesses," Houston-born pundit Roland Martin said via his YouTube channel. "What you're seeing here are white residents in Houston specifically targeting one of the most popular restaurants in the city, in a historic neighborhood, and they want them to leave."

Quote:

"I don't think it's a big secret that the Turkey Leg Hut has been getting special treatment from the city of Houston, the question is why," Feldman said. "The Turkey Leg Hut is obviously a big supporter of Mayor Turner, I can't elaborate beyond that." Eater has reached out to the City of Houston for comment.

https://houston.eater.com/2019/12/3/20991937/the-turkey-leg-hut-lawsuit-political-protection-gentrification-houston
Bondag
AG
Interesting comments from the lawyer Feldman. His dad used to be the attorney for City of Houston.
Liquid Wrench
It's so hard to pick a side in a gentrification fight when the business moved there to follow the gentrifiers.
BoxingAg84
https://instagr.am/p/B5oeCBRHwFe
BoxingAg84
Welp...

Cromagnum
AG
Even without the divorce, that place is on borrowed time. Apparently they don't pay their taxes and don't pay their food supplier either.
maroon barchetta
Cromagnum said:

Even without the divorce, that place is on borrowed time. Apparently they don't pay their taxes and don't pay their food supplier either.

I'm shocked.
jrrhouston98
AG
My wife works for a food distributor. They will not sell to them. When they were contacted by the folks, wife's company said they would have to be a cash customer. They declined and went on down the road.
Michael_Jordan
shocked those people dont pay their bill just shocked...probably dont' tip either.
BoxingAg84

Chewy
AG
Well dang. Looks like another key piece of our vaunted 2022 recruiting class will turn into nothing but dust in the wind.

What a bunch of smoke and mirrors that class included.
Dimebag Darrell
Chewy said:

Well dang. Looks like another key piece of our vaunted 2022 recruiting class will turn into nothing but dust in the wind.

What a bunch of smoke and mirrors that class included.
????

Is this part of an inside joke or something? How does this relate to our dumpster fire of a program in any way?
Dimebag Darrell
BoxingAg84 said:

That honestly looks amazing.
cajunaggie08
AG
Bobby Taylor's mom is one of the Turkey Leg Hut owners.
BoxingAg84

southwestag
The ex owner claimed he was a rice baseball player from Yates of all places - no one even bothered to fact check that as that's the one sport and school where you can't just claim - that right there should let you know it's a paper castle
NoahAg
So, would this be a opportunity for someone to put in an offer to take over the business?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
NoahAg said:

So, would this be a opportunity for someone to put in an offer to take over the business?

Would you have to assume all the unpaid debt of the Hut? If so, you would be better opening up a Turkey Leg Shak nearby.
Texasclipper
AG
This place has constant drama. Its also one of those places that enjoys constant media coverage for some reason.

Killen's BBQ is another that gets constant free coverage, but without the drama.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.