Houston
Sponsored by

Need Tax Accountant

799 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by K-Bob
jt16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anybody have a good recommendation for a tax accountant in Houston? I'm 40 years old and sold equity in a PE backed company in early January. I can make a safe harbor election and 1st Qtr 2019 pmt and bounce the ball for some time. I need someone familiar with private equity carried interests. I have some recommendations from others I know, but I prefer to work with a good Aggie. Any recs would be appreciated.
randy828
AG
11taxman11 posts on here...

Quote:

Hi h_elise 23,

I'm a CPA in the Galleria area that specializes in tax preparation. I'd be happy to help with your issue and could help point you in the right direction for a Financial Advisor. Feel free to find my contact information on my website: henrykcpa.com
Texan_Aggie
AG
jt16 said:

Does anybody have a good recommendation for a tax accountant in Houston? I'm 40 years old and sold equity in a PE backed company in early January. I can make a safe harbor election and 1st Qtr 2019 pmt and bounce the ball for some time. I need someone familiar with private equity carried interests. I have some recommendations from others I know, but I prefer to work with a good Aggie. Any recs would be appreciated.
CARRIED INTERESTS ARE EVIL!!!

Just kidding. Make sure whoever you get is versed on the changes to the carried interests provisions from HR 1 or else you may get it wrong.
jt16
AG
randy828 said:

11taxman11 posts on here...

Quote:

Hi h_elise 23,

I'm a CPA in the Galleria area that specializes in tax preparation. I'd be happy to help with your issue and could help point you in the right direction for a Financial Advisor. Feel free to find my contact information on my website: henrykcpa.com

Thanks
K-Bob
AG
Assuming these were profits interest? If so, when were they granted, when did they vest? When you say safe harbor I am assuming your speaking to 83b elections. Lots of nuances here.

I am a CPA who works big 4 in the PE space. I can't be your cpa, but can try to get you in the right direction.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.