Houston
Sponsored by

Too late for an HLSR committee?

5,974 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by buda91
realwizardharry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm really interesed in the Special Children's Committee, it's a cause near and dear to my heart. Is there any way I could pick your brains about the Committee and put myself in the best position to join?
TXAG 05
AG
realwizardharry said:

I'm really interesed in the Special Children's Committee, it's a cause near and dear to my heart. Is there any way I could pick your brains about the Committee and put myself in the best position to join?

Definitely. Just be prepared that it could take a couple years, if it all, but glad to help in any way I can. We didn't even have any open spots this year.
realwizardharry
AG
Thanks for the reply! What would that recruitment process look like, assuming a spot ever opens up?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
a little advice to do to help your cause (and anyone who wants to get involved)

1. Join HLSR
2. Find another committee to join while waiting on your "desired" committee
realwizardharry
AG
That's the plan. Just accepted a new job in Houston and even though I'm late to the party, I'm trying to leave no stone unturned as far as joining a committee goes.
TXAG 05
AG
Good advice from FWA

There isn't really a recruiting process for SCC, just an interview. We have a happy hour in November coming up, I'll let you know when/where it is. I'd recommend going to that to meet people on the committee.

In the meantime, my old team on GK has some spots and I can get you there. Great way to get your feet wet in the HLSR world.
digging tunnels
AG
Livestock committee is looking for new members. There will be a social event next Thursday at Wild West. New prospects are welcome to come
realwizardharry
AG
Won't be able to make the social tonight, but I'd love to link up at any future events.
buda91
AG
If you end up rookie-ing on an auction or horse show committee, send me a PM.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
do you give $ to the auctions?
digging tunnels
AG
realwizardharry said:

Won't be able to make the social tonight, but I'd love to link up at any future events.

No problem. Unfortunately cancelled tonight due to weather.
The Wonderer
AG
Medical & Safety Committee is taking applications for committeemen for safety, medical, and communication divisions. Basic requirement for committeemen is CPR training and certification (medical division requires EMT minimum cert). Let me know if interested. I've been involved for 5 years and enjoy it every year.

*I'm a lawyer, but not your lawyer. This is not legal advice and an attorney-client relationship does not exist between you and me*
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
I might know someone that wants on. I'll text you
buda91
AG
Yup. You may not remember, but I will remind you our TexAgs connection next time I see you.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.