Houston
Sponsored by

Great Dog Looking for a New Home

4,922 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Arthur Stilwell
Spore Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pictures?
Furlock Bones
AG
Ronnie Mund said:

I know the OP. They've had to sell their home to pay for some unforeseen circumstances medical emergencies and are currently living out of their car/hospital room. If anybody knows somebody that is willing to adopt a great dog, that would be awesome. They are trying to avoid taking it to the shelter.
i wish the OP had been much clearer in his post. as the post stands, it sounded more like the dog had become an inconvenience.
David_Puddy
AG
Best of luck to the OP in finding the dog a good home. I adopted one that a buddy of mine found roaming around outside of his office a few months ago and he's awesome!
combat wombat™
AG
NOTE TO SELF: If ever trying to get rid of a pet make sure to post a sob story (make one up if necessary) in order to avoid being attacked by PETAphiles.
GoneGirl
AG
The sad thing is that after 8 years with the OP, the dog would be happier with them regardless of the situation than in a new home with strangers.

And threats of taking him to the pound or dumping him on a back road are even worse. People not taking the dog doesn't excuse your being a terrible person.
"If you're in the midst of a midlife crisis, you could buy a convertible, have an affair, or upgrade your cup size. But you'll probably be happiest if you save a dog's life." - Jen Lancaster
Ronnie Mund
TxElsie said:

The sad thing is that after 8 years with the OP, the dog would be happier with them regardless of the situation than in a new home with strangers.

And threats of taking him to the pound or dumping him on a back road are even worse. People not taking the dog doesn't excuse your being a terrible person.
Holy sanctimony. You're like, such a really good person. Everybody notice!
Liquid Wrench
I was hoping Ronnie made that story up just to make other posters feel stupid, but I realize some people are simply incapable of that feeling.
Ronnie Mund
ChiliBeans said:

Ronnie made that story up
Arthur Stilwell
TxElsie said:

A dog would be perfectly happy if it got food, a warm dry place to sleep, a human to hang out with, and a safe place to piss & sht.

Y'all act like this dog would get suicidal after being overcome with sadness from being sent to live with a stranger.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.