Houston
Sponsored by

I'm soaking plywood in bleach

15,394 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by CFTXAG10
TexAg91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag_07 said:

Think Florence is a fish storm

The fish are coming inland.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Cromagnum said:

This is so spooky similar to Harvey.
TexAg91
AG
Would this be Joyce?
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Yes
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
I have an uncle Harvey and an aunt Joyce...fucj
FHKChE07
AG
What scares me is that Issac is on the same basic path as Harvey was...

Ag_07
AG
TexAg91 said:

Ag_07 said:

The fish are coming inland.

Proof that the models do change.
TXAG14
BrazosDog02
AG
FHKChE07 said:

What scares me is that Issac is on the same basic path as Harvey was...

When I was born, I was on the same path as Warren Buffett.

You'll be fine.
zgood10
AG
TXAG14 said:

Zemira
AG
Well my parents are now fully stocked. I went to Costco with my mom (don't go often enough to get a membership) and then she went to Trader Joe's and HEB. She didn't buy anything she doesn't normally buy just double in some cases. I'm definitely weathering anything we get at my parents house as they are fully stocked on food, have gas stove & grill and a generator.

After Ike and Harvey she always starts worrying and hits the grocery store early. Now my parents lost power for both storms but nothing happened. My mom just starts worrying.

She always has her bleach, batteries and water.

Now if we actually get a storm I have to go get my Dad to buy gas for the generator early.
tk for tu juan
98Ag99Grad
AG
Does that model show Isaac falling apart?
Zemira
AG
https://spacecityweather.com/tuesday-evening-update-on-houston-rain-tropics/

Key Takeaways:

It's going to rain!
The disturbance in the gulf unlikely to be a hurricane
Currently it's on track for closer to Corpus Christi than Houston
System likely to move inland and not stall a la Harvey
88jrt06
AG
Ag_07 said:

tk for tu juan
98Ag99Grad said:

Does that model show Isaac falling apart?

Most of them have Isaac being sheared to death in the Caribbean
El Duke

BarryProfit
Zemira said:

Well my parents are now fully stocked. I went to Costco with my mom (don't go often enough to get a membership) and then she went to Trader Joe's and HEB. She didn't buy anything she doesn't normally buy just double in some cases. I'm definitely weathering anything we get at my parents house as they are fully stocked on food, have gas stove & grill and a generator.

After Ike and Harvey she always starts worrying and hits the grocery store early. Now my parents lost power for both storms but nothing happened. My mom just starts worrying.

She always has her bleach, batteries and water.

Now if we actually get a storm I have to go get my Dad to buy gas for the generator early.

Thanks for the update.
The Wonderer
AG
CFTXAG10
AG
Dead.

Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Quote:

Invest 95L is poorly organized this morning and risk is diminishing for anything worse than a brief low-end tropical storm working into the Gulf toward Corpus. Tropical impacts would be expected to be minor, with the main risk being locally heavy rain. Florence will move ashore or sit just offshore of southeast North Carolina tomorrow night. This sets up multiple days of devastating impacts to SE NC and parts of the South Carolina coast. Isaac is expected to dissipate in the Caribbean. While it remains something to monitor, it's not a serious, viable concern at this time.
Al Bula
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

Invest 95L is poorly organized this morning and risk is diminishing for anything worse than a brief low-end tropical storm working into the Gulf toward Corpus. Tropical impacts would be expected to be minor, with the main risk being locally heavy rain. Florence will move ashore or sit just offshore of southeast North Carolina tomorrow night. This sets up multiple days of devastating impacts to SE NC and parts of the South Carolina coast. Isaac is expected to dissipate in the Caribbean. While it remains something to monitor, it's not a serious, viable concern at this time.
The entire Houston news community is on suicide watch.
JTatter88
Was really hoping that this would propel Jeff Lindner into the spotlight again and give him the impetus to unseat Beto O'Rourke in the next elections.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Good Lord,we should all write in Jeff Linder. It would be hilarious is he got more votes.
aTm '99
tk for tu juan
Cromagnum
AG
RPM said:

Hell, so are all of the national news networks and the weather channel now that Florence is pegged to come ashore as a Cat 2 storm. Social media is reaming the news for hyping the storm. Nevermind that Ike was about this strength when it hits. Florence is a huge storm with a large wind field.
Ag_07
AG
RPM said:

No they're not. They're on location on the beaches of NC with live up to date coverage of Florence and hard hitting pieces about Houstonians who are riding out Florence.

Seriously...KPRC was live on the beach and had a story about some people who rode out Ike and now live in Wilmington and are riding out Florence.
Martin Q. Blank
Ag_07 said:

Seriously...KPRC was live on the beach and had a story about some people who rode out Ike and now live in Wilmington and are riding out Florence.
JTatter88
Ag_07 said:

RPM said:

No they're not. They're on location on the beaches of NC with live up to date coverage of Florence and hard hitting pieces about Houstonians who are riding out Florence.

GCRanger
AG
The Isaac models are starting to curve more northwest but also that intensity won't increase.
The Wonderer
AG
tk for tu juan
Frying Pan Tower Cam (turn down your audio, it's loud)

98Ag99Grad
AG
GCRanger said:

The Isaac models are starting to curve more northwest but also that intensity won't increase.
yeah that one needs to hurry up and die already. don't need it to hang on then reorganize in the gulf.
sts7049
AG
damn, i watched the cam a few hours ago and it was windy but not too bad. checking it now the flag is already tearing apart and looks pretty nasty.
Al Bula
AG
Is vegas taking bets yet on when the flag will separate?
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.