Houston
Sponsored by

St. Arnold's Beer Garden & Restaurant

6,284 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Diggity
AgLA06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's a long drive from Kingwood after a handful of beers.
Diggity
AG
not a terrible float though.

/too soon?
drumboy
AG
94chem said:

I liked it the way it was. < $50 for 2 people to get all the beer they wanted and plenty of pub food. Can I still get 3 - 4 pints for ~$10?
I loved the old lunch special where you get a 3 course meal for $24 w/ unlimited beers from 11-2 but it was hardly pub food. Pubs don't have salads. Pubs don't have fancy skirmp & grits.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
what is it about millennials that they can't just go to a bar without beanbag toss, hammocks, jenga, food with chimichuri sauuces, etc.
AgLA06
AG
Diggity said:

/too soon?

Glad I could tee it up for you!
AgLA06
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

what is it about millennials that they can't just go to a bar without beanbag toss, hammocks, jenga, food with chimichuri sauuces, etc.

Could be ...

Having Taste.
Or
Treating it as an experience instead of a place to hide from a horrible wife and crap job.
or
They're spoiled.

Your pick.
The Milkman
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Are beanbag toss or jenga really any different than a bar having dart boards or pool tables?
The Milkman
AG
Exactly. If I just wanted to drink I'd go to the store and buy a 6 pack
Diggity
AG
it does seem to be a generational thing. I've never had the urge to partake in "bar games" activities but the younger folks seem to enjoy it. Nothing wrong with that.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
The Milkman said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

Are beanbag toss or jenga really any different than a bar having dart boards or pool tables?
Texaggie7nine
I've never enjoyed bars unless I was doing something entertaining like watching sports, playing pool, playing 42, trying to meet chicks. Something other than just listening to a bunch of drunks complain about crap that pisses them off. But that is just locally. If I'm traveling, I like to go to bars and meet locals and find out about the area and what it's like.
7nine
94chem
AgLA06 said:

That's a long drive from Kingwood after a handful of beers.
Yep. That's why you walk back downtown, get a hotel, catch a movie at Bayou Place, have dinner at Bombay Pizza, etc., yada, yada, yada.
94chem
drumboy said:

94chem said:

I liked it the way it was. < $50 for 2 people to get all the beer they wanted and plenty of pub food. Can I still get 3 - 4 pints for ~$10?
I loved the old lunch special where you get a 3 course meal for $24 w/ unlimited beers from 11-2 but it was hardly pub food. Pubs don't have salads. Pubs don't have fancy skirmp & grits.
It used to be $18. And if you didn't want the "fancy" grub, you could always order a flight and a side of fries.
88jrt06
AG
Beanbag toss
Jenga

Millinennial bold.
TXAG 05
AG
Finishing up lunch, everything was great. They did a great job here.
AgLA06
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

Finishing up lunch, everything was great. They did a great job here.

Is it not like eating in an oven there during lunch?
TXAG 05
AG
We ate inside, but the outside beer garden area was pretty comfortable temperature wise.
AgLA06
AG
So the new facility isn't just outside seating? Or did you eat in the old beer hall?
MathNewman06
AG
AgLA06 said:

So the new facility isn't just outside seating? Or did you eat in the old beer hall?

There's an indoor church-themed taproom/restaurant in addition to the outdoor beer garden.
Drumboy's first picture on page 1.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Diggity said:

/too soon?
Our mutual friend that I grew up with had his wrecked car be the "don't drive drunk" homecoming float one year.
AgLA06
AG
That makes sense. I guess I wrongly assumed it was open to the rest of the area.
88jrt06
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

Diggity said:

/too soon?
Our mutual friend that I grew up with had his wrecked car be the "don't drive drunk" homecoming float one year.

That's excellent. Hell, I'd glue the usual "hair clump stuck to windshield" just to drive the point home.
Diggity
AG
Sounds about right
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.