Houston
Sponsored by

St. Arnold's Beer Garden & Restaurant

6,322 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Diggity
Catch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey guys,
Long time no talk.

Anyways, just wanted to stop by and let y'all know that St.Arnolds new Beer Garden/Restaurant has officially opened as of yesterday.

I have no stake in it, it's just one of the construction projects I've been inspecting over the last year and evidently today is my last inspection because it's done and open and I'm no longer needed.

I figure there's a lot of St Arnold's fans here, or at least used to be, so I wanted to let the people know.

If this is old info, my apologies. I didn't see anything on the first page here, so figured it couldn't hurt.
Texaggie7nine
7nine
Catch
AG
It's really nice. The interior design mimics a church. There is a big ass bar with all their beers where the pulpit would be and tables where the pews would be. They have alcoves around the perimeter walls with some cool murals as well as tables for more private seating. The exterior porch is mostly covered with a lot more seating and a big water feature right in the middle. All and all nice place. Only got a quick glance at the menu, but looked pretty decent.
drumboy
AG
From my visit on Friday

Water feature is the inverted top of the brew kettle w/ chimney tube.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
Catch
AG
Nice!
How was the food?
drumboy
AG
We has the pickled vegetables, which was good, and the Chicken Curry w/ Naan, which was a little salty.

Pickled Veggies

Menu:

Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Texaggie7nine
Karbach has some competition now.
7nine
Ragoo
AG
honestly, looks pretty badass
AlaskanAg99
AG
That menu is pretty bold for a brewery.

I'll still go there over AB InBev Karbach every time.
AustinCountyAg
AlaskanAg99 said:

schmendeler
AG
so have they shut down the beer hall above their brewing space? what are they doing with the old space?
AlaskanAg99
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

Texaggie7nine
As long as it still tastes good... wgaf?
7nine
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

As long as it still tastes good... wgaf?
i don;t think you understand how serious AlaskanAg takes beer
Ag_07
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

AustinCountyAg said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

People do...Neckbeard sportin beer snobs don't.
Texan_Aggie
AG
Dang, was hoping to get in before the in inevitable "Karbach v St. Arnolds" debate.
Zobel
AG
I went there last Friday, got the crawfish roll. They have several beers available only there. Food was good.

The six alcoves inside each feature a local artist.

The whole place is pretty cool.
drumboy
AG
schmendeler said:

so have they shut down the beer hall above their brewing space? what are they doing with the old space?
This is a totally new building. They acquired the tow lot property across the street, bought the street from the city and built it there. Ample parking on site too.

schmendeler
AG
drumboy said:

schmendeler said:

This is a totally new building. They acquired the tow lot property across the street, bought the street from the city and built it there. Ample parking on site too.

Yes I understand that. Are they going to have two spaces operating with kitchens and tap rooms? Seems strange if so.
drumboy
AG
schmendeler said:

drumboy said:

schmendeler said:

Yes I understand that. Are they going to have two spaces operating with kitchens and tap rooms? Seems strange if so.

I've wondered the same, I'll ask at the IPub later. If they're doing tours still,which I think they are, then they'll need taps.

MathNewman06
AG
The beer hall hours are now listed on the website as-
Saturday: 11:00 AM 4:00 PM

Looks like everything is moving out to the new space except on Saturdays and special events, I'd assume
schmendeler
AG
Interesting. It seems that they have eliminated their daily lunch special with beer as well.
MathNewman06
AG
They are still doing tours. They called for the 1pm tour when I was there for lunch today.
Mike Jones who Mike Jones
The company I work for provided the steel for this project. The architect and owner had some wild ideas on what they wanted to do but it looks like it came out great. Can't wait to get down there to see it.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Who is that?
Diggity
AG
Great pics.
OnlyForNow
AG
Someone squeezing your territory?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Lol I was just curious
Inspector Spacetime
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

You either don't eat out much or haven't seen a lot of breweries with food.

Edit: I will say, I've always liked St. Arnold's food when I've gone for lunch. But it's a broadly appealing menu for broadly appealing beer. Same as Karbach has been doing for 3 or 4 years at their restaurant, with the same high price steaks and curries and cured meats et al.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Charcuterie, yes. Ribeyes, no.

Sue me, I prefer pub fare, not fine dining, at a brewery with community tables etc. The menu is pretty diverse so there's something for everyone.
Texaggie7nine
I know several people that see a good quality ribeye as run of the mill pub fare.
7nine
AgLA06
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

Sue me, I prefer pub fare, not fine dining, at a brewery with community tables etc. The menu is pretty diverse so there's something for everyone.

For someone that's a "beer guy", you are pretty out of touch with the industry. Beer gardens and nice restaurants aren't exactly unique for craft breweries. This one and Karbach just happen to rival the gold standard set by Stone in Escondido.

The brewery scene on the west coast would apparently blow your mind.
Diggity
AG
so I guess every ****ty bar in town that has a ribeye and baked potato night is now "fine dining"?
Inspector Spacetime
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

Their "charcuterie" as you call it, is cured ham, duck, and corned beef with dairymaids cheese. If they were actually making some pates or rillettes to pair with beer, that'd at least be unique... for Houston
94chem
I liked it the way it was. < $50 for 2 people to get all the beer they wanted and plenty of pub food. Can I still get 3 - 4 pints for ~$10?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.