Houston
Sponsored by

George Strait Rodeo Houston 2019

28,765 Views | 259 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by David_Puddy
digging tunnels
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
YellAg2004 said:

Anybody having any luck with the Volunteer presale?

I did best available and was able to get section 139. However I know best available system was crap. Because I know people on my committee who got 500-600 levels when there were still 100 levels available. Some initially got 500 level, but refreshed, they got the 100s.

So definitely a broken system
The Wonderer
AG
digging tunnels said:

YellAg2004 said:

I did best available and was able to get section 139. However I know best available system was crap. Because I know people on my committee who got 500-600 levels when there were still 100 levels available. Some initially got 500 level, but refreshed, they got the 100s.

Spending too much money on the kids and not enough on infrastructure technologies.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
TicketMaster?
YellAg2004
AG
digging tunnels said:

YellAg2004 said:

Awesome. That's what happened to me apparently. I tried selecting lower (higher priced) levels for 2 tickets for various shows and kept getting told that none were available, so I bit the bullet on 500 level seats.

I'm not sure why I continue to try to buy tickets when HLSR seems completely committed to keeping their ticketing system ****ed up beyond imagination.
AustinCountyAg
I highly recommend people go see Kacey Musgraves. From a pure music standpoint her and Chris Stapelton are the best the rodeo has to offer this year.
TXAG 05
AG
YellAg2004 said:

digging tunnels said:

YellAg2004 said:

Awesome. That's what happened to me apparently. I tried selecting lower (higher priced) levels for 2 tickets for various shows and kept getting told that none were available, so I bit the bullet on 500 level seats.

I'm not sure why I continue to try to buy tickets when HLSR seems completely committed to keeping their ticketing system ****ed up beyond imagination.

You have to remember that a majority of the stadium is season tickets and those seats are already gone before they go on sale. There are some lower level seats here or there, but for the most part everything below the 500s is season tickets.
The Wonderer
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

TicketMaster?
YellAg2004
AG
No, I know that. I wasn't expecting great seats, but I have a hard time believing there isn't a single pair of tickets available below the 500 level.

And I won't get into my feelings about the "highly successful" season ticket program that the HLSR likes to boast about, even though the vast majority are bought to re-sell. I guess as long as HLSR gets theirs, that's all that matters.
The Wonderer
AG
YellAg2004 said:

No, I know that. I wasn't expecting great seats, but I have a hard time believing there isn't a single pair of tickets available below the 500 level.

And I won't get into my feelings about the "highly successful" season ticket program that the HLSR likes to boast about, even though the vast majority are bought to re-sell. I guess as long as HLSR gets theirs, that's all that matters.
You new here?
Ag_07
AG
It's a result of the computer/network system. It can't handle thousands of people looking for multiple seats all selecting best available all at the same exact time.

Just like buying Astros playoff tickets. I've sat there on Ticketmaster hitting best available and refreshing for 25 minutes straight before it gave me something besides SRO and I got lower level tickets.
southernskies
The funniest part was Cardi B selling out first on presale. Was I surprised? Not really.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
There's going to be a lot of Craigslist/parking lot meetups. Might want to be packing.
YellAg2004
AG
Touche
n_touch
Did anyone get tickets during the ticketmaster mixup?
David_Puddy
AG
I got 2 tickets in 138
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
southernskies said:

The funniest part was Cardi B selling out first on presale. Was I surprised? Not really.

As someone who is on the opposite spectrum, Why not?
FtBendTxAg
AG
Damn, line not budging with George. Definitely not getting them.

Already got KOL tickets. Waiting for B&D now.
TexAgs1992
I joined the waiting room for George, Cody Johnson and Chris Stapleton at 9:30. Not surprised the line has not moved for George but I'm only halfway down the line for the other two.
FtBendTxAg
AG
Cant checkout.. :/ site crashes wont load.
jh0400
AG
I waited in line for Turnpike Troubadours tickets, but there wasn't anything available in Club that I was interested in. Not really excited about paying $80 for $40 tickets, but I'd rather do that than sit in the 500's.

ETA: Are rodeo tickets all paper, or is there a flash seats option? I'm kind of leery of paying for paper tickets that the seller is not in possession of and hoping that they make it to me.
TexAgs1992
I had entered all of my information for Chris Stapleton then the site crashed. The HLSR ticket process is the devil in computer data clothing!
Texaggie7nine
Got my stapleton tix. I think it was like last row of sec 611.

Hopefully I get a good resale on them
7nine
FtBendTxAg
AG
flash was ONLY option FYI.
TXAG14
AXS is aids.
FtBendTxAg
AG
Yeah this really blow dicks. Couldnt believe that for ***ing KOL it was either LODGE (500 level) or Chute ticx for $350.. Definitely sitting in the cheap seats for those jabronies.

I made it to selection for Brooks and Dunn and cannot check out.

No luck on Stapleton and Strait.
n_touch
Maybe there are still tickets since no one can actually buy any on this crap site

Edit: If you talk crap about the site it will let you in. I just got 3 in the 500's for GS
mnetop
AG
You are correct. I was on line to buy Santana tickets. Got pretty decent seats in the 500 level, but the site crashed on me. Tried again and was given tickets way high on the 600s. After 2 more tries, I ended up getting OK seats on the 500s. So, keep trying.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
We've been lucky enough to be given seats to stuff for the last several years so I've never bought through this before. Who the hell chose this unbelievably craptacular ticketing system?
Ag_07
AG
WTF?!?!?

I made it in into the system but I didn't even see any option for wristbands? Anyone got any extras?
TexAgs1992
I had tickets to George before the site crashed on me. Seriously, AXS your data loading system deserves to be sent to North Korea along with whoever created this ****ing terrible system.
TexAgs1992
Ag_07 said:

WTF?!?!?

I made it in into the system but I didn't even see any option for wristbands? Anyone got any extras?
JimmyHouston
AG
worthless site
southernskies
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

southernskies said:

As someone who is on the opposite spectrum, Why not?
Houston has a very large hip hop fan base. And she appeals to all of the girls. She's like the biggest thing in hip hop right now. Also I believe she was the first female artist ever to have a #1 single on Billboard. She's kind of a big deal...just not to me lol.
southernskies
George Strait line creeeeeeeeping along. Currently sitting about halfway on the little meter.
David_Puddy
AG
Are you guys getting in under general ticketing or volunteer ticketing?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.