Houston
Sponsored by

US House District 2 (Ted Poe's seat)

15,389 Views | 156 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by RK
3rd and 2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AGHouston11 said:

ChiliBeans said:

willie wonka said:

I think I am too. The comment about him in the Link Letter was reprehensible. Something like "he and his wife live with his parents and he's looking for a job."

I think it should be repeated for everyone to see just how bad the Link Letter is. Terry Lowry, the proprietor of the Link Letter, described this injured vet as unemployed and looking for a job because he was medically retired from combat.

Yes when I read this it really ticked me off and I didn't even know who he was or what the Linked letter was. So ultimately thanks to the Linked letter I became a supporter for Crenshaw. You have breakfast with someone running for office then you slam them like that ...... and a veteran.
Terrible class!

Thanks Linked letter for causing me to switch my support.
Wow, can anyone post this letter? That letter sounds like the most chicken **** of all chicken **** things ever.
Guitarsoup
AG
I got to meet Dan and his wife Tara at the Rodeo last night. Voted for him today. Damn good people.
3rd and 2
AG
Maroon Stormtrooper said:

AGHouston11 said:

ChiliBeans said:

willie wonka said:

I think I am too. The comment about him in the Link Letter was reprehensible. Something like "he and his wife live with his parents and he's looking for a job."

I think it should be repeated for everyone to see just how bad the Link Letter is. Terry Lowry, the proprietor of the Link Letter, described this injured vet as unemployed and looking for a job because he was medically retired from combat.

Yes when I read this it really ticked me off and I didn't even know who he was or what the Linked letter was. So ultimately thanks to the Linked letter I became a supporter for Crenshaw. You have breakfast with someone running for office then you slam them like that ...... and a veteran.
Terrible class!

Wow, can anyone post this letter? That letter sounds like the most chicken **** of all chicken **** things ever.

Too late, already voted for Dan.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
AGHouston11 said:

Guitarsoup said:

According to Walker's new ad, Wall voted for Hillary in the primary in 2016.

Well to be fair I think that was during Operation Chaos- Rush Limbaugh.

Lots of other reasons not to vote for her though

Operation Chaos was in 2008 IIRC, not 2016.
Liquid Wrench

AGHouston11 said:

ChiliBeans said:

willie wonka said:

Terrible class!

I'll see if I still have it when I get home tonight. It's just one of the local buy-an-endorsement slates.
94chem
Crenshaw really pounded the pavement. He's got a bright future even if he doesn't make the run-off. Maybe he'll lose and go into something more useful.
Liquid Wrench
Meant to post in this thread:

Early vote:

Kevin Roberts - 9,488 37.95%
Wall - 6,978 27.91%
Dan Crenshaw - 5,200 20.80%
Dan Scott
AG
Lol at Kathleen Wall. Spends millions on advertisment, endorsed by Abbot and Cruz and still loses
Liquid Wrench
She'll be in the runoff.
Liquid Wrench
Crenshaw's pulling up. There is a chance he edges out Wall by morning.

Kevin Roberts - 13,818 33.83%
Wall - 11,052 27.06%
Dan Crenshaw - 10,855 26.57%
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
Crenshaw is 200 votes behind her with about 4.000 votes still out. I can't even imagine her face right now.
Liquid Wrench
Bet she doesn't approve that message!
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
He just passed her!!
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
This is the best thing I've seen in years following Harris Votes . com.

6 million and not even a runoff. Holy ouch.
Liquid Wrench
11 precincts to go. Come onnnnnnnn Dan Henshaw. Put an end to our long national nightmare of Kathaleen Wall commercials.
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
Crenshaw is the trending candidate for sure. Look at the absentee, then early, to election-day swing in numbers. Incredible grass-roots job he's done. He won today by a large margin. Just might be worse news for Roberts than Wall making the runoff.
94chem
Crenshaw and Roberts are both great candidates. Would be okay to have either one repping D2.
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
Agreed.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
I didn't vote for Wall, but I'm not a fan of Crenshaw's comments about needing less "rich white people" representing the Republican Party...leave the class/race BS to the other side. I also wasn't a fan of his responses to certain candidate questionnaires. His answers strike me as a smart guy who knows the basic talking points but who lacks a governing philosophy and leans very heavily on his war service as his qualification for office. Honorable military service is a significant positive, but should not be the overriding reason for electing someone to Congress. Flame away.
BMX Bandit
he said the republican party won't exist in 50 years if they keep electing only "old rich white people." He's not wrong.

P.H. Dexippus
AG
Class envy and racism, something we'd shake our heads at if said by democrats, but is acceptable from a Republican candidate.

Tell me, why do you think what he said is true? I've been hearing that for at least the last 25 years.
94chem
Abbott and Cruz are endorsing the grabber machine at Fuddruckers for the run-off. 'Cause, you know, there is shiny stuff inside.
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
Will be very interesting to see if she spends more money to make noise about recount, etc.

Just hard to fathom spending the amount she did and not getting to at least a runoff.
redag06
Does Ted Poe endorse a candidate now ?

I know that Crenshaw has had a few conversations with Poe, I can see him endorsing Crenshaw.
BMX Bandit
There nothing racist about what he said

His point was that letting people buy elections like Wall was trying to do will kill the party. Conservative ideas can be sold to voters. But you need younger fresher & all colors to reach the most people.
redag06
The republican party needs young blood, and it doesn't hurt that the young blood is middle class. I have no problem with McCall's of Congress that tons of money, but we also need those that are actually in touch with the "people".

JJxvi
AG
Where does Crenshaw live? Gut feeling I would vote for Litton over Roberts. I am not overly fond of being inside the loop yet being represented by reps from Cypress, Spring, Kingwood, etc
redag06
Currently he is living in the Heights(not with his parents as other candidates tried to smear him with)

He just moved back to Houston after finishing his Masters at Harvard, Harvey hit and he immediately started volunteering with Team Rubicon(veteran volunteers who helped rebuild after Harvey). He declined a high paying job with with a DOD contractor so he could volunteer with Team Rubicon and then with Poe's retirement he saw an opportunity to continue his "service"
94chem
Chronicle with a nice half page about the impending runoff between Roberts and Wall. Maybe they should write their story based on actual votes next time.
schmellba99
AG
BMX Bandit said:

he said the republican party won't exist in 50 years if they keep electing only "old rich white people." He's not wrong.

If this were true, both parties would no longer be around.
aggiedent
AG
Kathleen Wall may have bought herself some key endorsements like Abbott and Cruz, but Kevin Roberts had some important ones too. A number of local officials, the Conservative Review, and the National Rifle Association.
Guitarsoup
AG
ChiliBeans said:

She'll be in the runoff.

killbutchereat

AGHouston11 said:

ChiliBeans said:

willie wonka said:

Terrible class!

"Candidate Dan Crenshaw is seeking to become the congressman to replace retiring Ted Poe. I thank Dan for his service. However, while discussing his campaign over breakfast at the Broken Egg, I learned he does not have a job and he and his wife live with his parents. Yet, he wants to become a congressman."
3rd and 2
AG
marr710 said:

AGHouston11 said:

ChiliBeans said:

willie wonka said:

Terrible class!

"Candidate Dan Crenshaw is seeking to become the congressman to replace retiring Ted Poe. I thank Dan for his service. However, while discussing his campaign over breakfast at the Broken Egg, I learned he does not have a job and he and his wife live with his parents. Yet, he wants to become a congressman."

Wow, what a **********.
wessimo
AG
I think we can safely say that Kathaleen....

.... hit a wall.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.