Houston
Sponsored by

Apartment Hunting

5,294 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MrJonMan
Ferris Wheel Allstar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am tired of taking care of a house, so I am going to get an apartment. I am looking at the Washington Heights, upper & lower heights area. I want a decent gym, pool, and easy parking. Where are the cool kids living nowadays?

Also, Pearl on Washington is not an option.
Ag_07
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

Where are the cool kids living nowadays?

El Paso
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Ag_07 said:

Where are the cool kids living nowadays?

El Paso
I am already a documented Houstonian that firmly stands by the HOU and not the HTX.
Ragoo
AG
In Town Suites
Ragoo
AG
Palace Inn
Ragoo
AG
Knights Inn
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Tweety motel
Ag03 CQE
AG
Ashby Highrise
Texaggie7nine
Now's the time to look. Prices are crazy low right now.

Fiance and I are looking at Gables at Kirby and Westheimer.
7nine
White Liberals=The Worst

You could document your day to day life and become a Tine legend. Don't be a p*ssy.
FlyFish95

I am tired of taking care of a house, so I am going to get an apartment. I am looking at the Washington Heights, upper & lower heights area. I want a decent gym, pool, and easy parking. Where are the cool kids living nowadays?

What's got you so down on home ownership?
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Semi serious answer: I live sorta near the sheetrock and particleboard behemoth that is the 2900 West Dallas apartment complex. I walked by on July 4th and the strumpets were out in force. It's also Whole Foods adjacent, so you get the young professional/yoga pants crowd. For sure a high population of young women itching to have a neon blue lapse in judgment with you.
E
AG
Ferris Wheel, whats your budget and sqft requirements?

I do real estate and have helped some friends find apartments in those areas. There are alot of good options as apartments are hurting right now and even giving up to 2 months free rent at some places.
drumboy
AG
blindey said:

Semi serious answer: I live sorta near the sheetrock and particleboard behemoth that is the 2900 West Dallas apartment complex. I walked by on July 4th and the strumpets were out in force. It's also Whole Foods adjacent, so you get the young professional/yoga pants crowd. For sure a high population of young women itching to have a neon blue lapse in judgment with you.
Had to google 'strumpet'. I like it.
David_Puddy
AG
Quote:

David_Puddy
AG
That new complex at the Washington turnabout looks pretty dope
chimpanzee
As implied, you can't go wrong if you exit between the loop and the beltway on any freeway other than the Katy and pick a motel with a really high fence obscuring the parking lot.
BizAg13
Check out Elan Memorial Park. Think that might be my next complex. Would highly recommend avoiding The Core apartments on Washington.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
DryFly said:

What's got you so down on home ownership?
The intention I had was to rent the current house I live in when I bought it. 10 years later and I am still in it. My other reasons:

Time, I am gone a lot and it is only going to get worse. Dont want to mess with a yard and all the other bs stuff a house takes.
Location- I want to eliminate 1/2 of my commute
Size- Single guy with a 3 bedroom house is too much for me.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
blindey said:

This is in line with what I am looking for.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Seriously, the number of 20something girls I see walking out of the Whole Foods into that place in their "Look at MEEEEEE I work at Deloitte" garb (and $2,500 hand bag) or their yoga pants is impressive. You know the type - didn't succeed in landing a man in college but had the wherewithal to major in something useful so they didn't end up being a teacher.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
E said:

I do real estate and have helped some friends find apartments in those areas. There are alot of good options as apartments are hurting right now and even giving up to 2 months free rent at some places.
I am not really on a budget.

Price to sq ft to location is my ratio that I am using.
thepartygoat
AG
Elan Heights off I-10
Virage off Detering
Holden Heights off 24th & Lawrence
David_Puddy
AG

E said:

I am not really on a budget.

Price to sq ft to location is my ratio that I am using.

In that case, Market Square downtown and then I can come over every weekend and we can turn up at the glass bottom pool.
sts7049
AG
lofts at the ballpark
drumboy
AG
blindey said:

didn't succeed in landing a man in college
God I was hoping women were smarter these days. They still want to be engaged before graduation?
White Liberals=The Worst
blindey said:

Seriously, the number of 20something girls I see walking out of the Whole Foods into that place in their "Look at MEEEEEE I work at Deloitte" garb (and $2,500 hand bag) or their yoga pants is impressive. You know the type - didn't succeed in landing a man in college but had the wherewithal to major in something useful so they didn't end up being a teacher.
An ambitious, driven career woman is a huge turnoff for me if we're talking about more than hooking up. The yoga pants part got my attention, but the rest makes me want to puke.
yestoast
Wycliffe_03 said:

blindey said:

An ambitious, driven career woman is a huge turnoff for me if we're talking about more than hooking up. The yoga pants part got my attention, but the rest makes me want to puke.
What if they promise to give greater than 70% of the effort you give?
E
AG
IrishTxAggie
AG
One Park Place
HeightsAg
Wycliffe_03 said:

blindey said:

Why? Just curious. Do you have a small peen?
White Liberals=The Worst
HeightsAg said:

Wycliffe_03 said:

blindey said:

Why? Just curious. Do you have a small peen?
No, I just find this trait highly unattractive in women. There is a successful woman who doesn't make a big production about it and that is one thing, but I cannot stand women that live for their careers and flaunt their ambition and/or independence. I guess I am just old fashioned.

If you really are curious about my peen, I would say normal for a 6'3" guy I guess. Kind of a weird question, but I get that it's 2017 and I am not supposed to be a bigot against people with your preferences.
Texaggie7nine
7nine
helloag99
Is there a relationship between height and peen size?
big ben
AG
Estates at Memorial Heights, get a town home with garage, we lived there for two years before moving to Dallas last summer, great complex, fair price ($2300 month) for two car garage and two bedrooms.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.