Houston
Sponsored by

NHRA at Royal Purple Raceway this weekend

917 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by tx4guns
tx4guns
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Went to qualifier rounds today, and 4 runs were faster than the track records, 2 each in Funny Car and Top Fuel. With cool weather coming in tomorrow, there's gonna be some fast, fast times in eliminations. Still plenty of tickets available if you want to see the big boys run. One heck of a good time for the kids, too.
cajunaggie08
AG
i didnt see or hear a single ad for this event. Is royal purple raceway even trying anymore?
tx4guns
AG
It was on TV and all over Facebook. The stands were packed. Whatever they're doing is working. Probably my favorite Houston event of the year. Affordable, kid friendly, well organized, and you can get up close to all the action in the pits. Hard to beat that combination.
cajunaggie08
AG
I guess I don't watch the targeted tv channels or follow the right things on fb to have known the event happened. Glad they had a great turnout. I went last year and had a great time despite the mudpit parking.
Al Bula
AG
tx4guns said:

Probably my favorite Houston event of the year. Affordable, kid friendly, well organized, and you can get up close to all the action in the pits. Hard to beat that combination.
Wow bro, you are Houston'ing all wrong.
MAS444
AG
No reason to go now that Bernstein's not racing any more. I really don't get the appeal...other than some pretty good people watching.
gindaloon
AG
Probably the most exciting part:

Fight
tx4guns
AG
No I'm not. I hate going inside the loop.
AgLA06
AG
tx4guns said:

No I'm not. I hate going inside the loop.

The horror of museams, opera, Broadway shows, culture, art and beer festivals, and the zoo.
tx4guns
AG
More like the horror of traffic. The things you mentioned and food are why I do come into town, though.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.