Houston
Sponsored by

Rec for Dr/Neurologist-Restless Legs

1,392 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by FCBlitz
Ferris Wheel Allstar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My Grandmother has severe restless legs syndrome that the Dr she has been seeing has not been able to properly treat. It is getting worse and I would like to find a Dr that can treat her. Anyone here have any experience with this?
randy828
AG
Quote:

jimmy legs (related terms, jimmy arms) 1. a jerking motion with ones leg while sleeping. 2. may cause relationship problems and not allow a person to sleep in the same bed with ones partner. 3. quote: "Yeah, because she's throwing off my whole sleep. She's got the jimmy legs." Kramer 4. episode: The Money
plowboy1065
S
Ambien for the win. Works for me
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
plowboy1065 said:

Ambien for the win. Works for me
It has progressed past that. She has a pretty bad case of it.
WorthAg95
AG
Dr Ondo in the med center
longeryak
Best in town is-

https://med.uth.edu/neurology/faculty/raymond-a-martin/

Be aware his bedside manner is very quirky.
WorthAg95
AG
No way in hell I'd go to the ut health group with this.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
WorthAg95 said:

No way in hell I'd go to the ut health group with this.

Oddly enough, my moms research ended with the same recommendation you gave. Making an appointment with him. Appreciate it.
Madman
AG
My grandfather had it. My mom has it. I have it.

Iodine supplement seems to be the only thing that helps.
Madman
AG
Ambien and other sleep aids normally don't help or hurt restless leg. Diff problem.
txags92
AG
My mom saw Dr Ondo for vascular Parkinsonism for years. I liked him as a doc, even though there wasn't much he could do for my mom.
plowboy1065
S
Helps me
Jerzzy
I would NOT recommend this doctor to anyone, we fired him from my mom's nuero care and took her to methodist, much better quality docs over there

"Quirky beside manner" for us meant he was parading her in front of fellows like she was a side show and treating her as such, He doesn't know when he is in over his head & refused to acknowledge needing any outside opinions, and mismanaged meds. Highly recommend methodist nuero department, they are a top notch team that really do work together
FCBlitz
I have severe restless leg syndrome and I am 51 years old. I have a fantastic doctor who helps me manage my symptoms. The symptoms kept me awake for 5 days straight and It felt like I was being tortured. I finally went to a group in the medical center that manages these types of neuro issues.

Ping me at swalker65aticlouddotcom
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.