Houston
Sponsored by

Holley's Fried Chicken Dinner

10,956 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Panama Red
jh0400
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've seen oysters for $30/dozen at BB's before. I guess it depends on where the oysters are from. IIRC, the ones I had at Holley's were from the Pacific Northwest. Flying a sack of oysters down overnight can't be cheap.
BoxingAg84
quote:
It was a damn good dining experience and food.

unlimited fried chicken cooked in cast iron.

Unlimited southern style sides.

Unlimited desserts.

You can joke all you want about it just being fried chicken, but its not nearly the same as what yall are comparing it to.

Unlimited? I believe I'm sold. The way you've spoken so highly of the food and overall experience makes it worth giving it a shot.
Frederick Palowaski
AG
Dammit I want fried chicken now.
jetch17
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Their oysters are $33/dozen. How is that possible?
what the holy hell?
I could get upside down at Tom's for that.

Thisssssssss.
BrazosDog02
AG
quote:
quote:
Wow. There is not shortage of fools and money. THIS IS FRIED CHICKEN YOU GUYS.

I blame millennials and their no good, lazy ass, non cooking soccer moms for the acceptance of food that poor people eat that is now considered 'gourmet' because its the 'best they ever had'.

Jesus Tapdancing Christ.....is this for real? Are we really talking about a waiting list for a GD endless bucket of GD fried chicken? WTF people.

OH MY GOD FRIED CHICKEN! BUT THEY FRY IT IN ORGANIC OIL! AND ITS CAST IRON LIKE OLD TIMES!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....f-ing idiots.
A chicken mistook your tiny d|ck for a worm, didn't it?

I only feed them grain!
water turkey
quote:
I'd rather go here

http://www.heritage-village.org/pickett-house.htm
Now that brings back memories. We would drive up from Beaumont.

Fried chicken and dumplins.
rononeill
#1 fried chicken and rice at blodgett and alameda ftw. 12 piece w 8 biscuits for $19 cash. Hit up Popeyes for some sides and you're set for 2 ppl under $30.
swimmerbabe11
So FWA....how does one get an invite?
HtownAg92
AG
It's fried chicken. And it ain't this:

Or this:

MAS444
AG
Regarding the all you can eat aspect, how much can/do you really eat above normal portions (which are already probably oversized) that makes that such a great deal?
RK
AG
it's funny to me that people are blowing up over spending $50 for dinner at a nice place...some of whom would probably rave over a $100 piece of sushi at uchi.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
So FWA....how does one get an invite?
There is a book you have to sign then they call you.
aggiebq03+
Unless the fried chicken comes on top of a 16oz prime ribeye, I just don't see how this is worth it. But everyone has their things they love, and seems this small business is doing well serving it so more power to them.
inch05
AG
Gus'
inch05
AG
Well said...the chicken is good but expensive.

The donuts are ok but the ceiling for how great a donut can be is kind of low and a lot of places are comparable.
jja79
AG
quote:
I've seen oysters for $30/dozen at BB's before. I guess it depends on where the oysters are from. IIRC, the ones I had at Holley's were from the Pacific Northwest. Flying a sack of oysters down overnight can't be cheap.
Oysters at Captain Tom's are $8 or 9/dozen and the sophisticated atmosphere really can't be beat.
Panama Red
AG
Fried chicken itself isn't worth $50.

But a Private event with buddies, interact with the chef, booze it up, and act a fool? $50 is nothing
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
Fried chicken itself isn't worth $50.

But a Private event with buddies, interact with the chef, booze it up, and act a fool? $50 is nothing
Poetry
Astroag
AG
ITS FREAKING DELICIOUS....That being said, I'm not sure where the idea of unlimited came from. Nothing was unlimited when we went (its a lot of chicken, sides, and everyone gets a piece of whatever house made desert they are making....ours was carrotcake if I remember correctly). There was a minimum of 6 people per reservation as well and they took info when they booked your reservation so have some friends lined up to pay or else it turns into 100/150 dollar fried chicken.

If ya ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin!!!
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
It was unlimited when I went, but that was a while back. I havent been recently
Bondag
AG
quote:
i went to Monells in Nashville and for $13 a person i got a legendary southern meal with some ****ing great fried chicken. $50 for fried chicken? There's not a black person i know that would ever pay that much for fried chicken southern meal

I also live 3 blocks away from Holleys and it's good food though
I think you answered your question.
byfLuger41
BoxingAg84
Thanks for the memories.
88jrt06
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

Yes, it would be carbon based chicken. You will have to speak to the chicken to ascertain its level of happiness/cruelty prior to frying.
Ok, that's a pretty good post.
FCBlitz
We eat Fried Chicken at Babe's in Frisco and love it! Surely it doesn't get better than the way cook fried chicken with unlimited sides. But I doubt we pay $50 per person.

Stat Monitor Repairman
Barbecue Inn at 116 W Crosstimbers got solid fried chicken, but ..[url=maps://?q=Barbecue%20Inn&ll=29.8285465,-95.4003603&auid=4599408921519560005&lsp=9902][/url]

sushi94
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Barbecue Inn at 116 W Crosstimbers got solid fried chicken, but ..[url=maps://?q=Barbecue%20Inn&ll=29.8285465,-95.4003603&auid=4599408921519560005&lsp=9902][/url]

They have a guard that walks and watches the parking lot. Never had issues there but I don't park in the back lot.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
sushi94 said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

They have a guard that walks and watches the parking lot. Never had issues there but I don't park in the back lot.
Not to mention the number of HPD Tahoes in the parking lot as well.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
chef Holley has reappeared on the scene at Davis St. I wonder if he will do his fried chicken dinners again.

https://www.davisstreet.com/?mc_cid=8390940d0e&mc_eid=256199a40d

Quote:

CHEF'S WORDS
Bold, best describes Chef Mark Holley's cuisine and who he is. Holley does not enter a room shyly. Nor, when talking about his passion for food and cooking. His food is Southern, typically seafood, with a Pan Asian flair and Latin kick to it. As an award-winning chef, Holley was the Executive Chef of Pesce and chef/owner of his namesake's, Holley's Seafood Restaurant. His mantra in the kitchen is to keep it simple, "Cook with your corazon (heart) and make sure it has sazon (flavor)."

The culinary experience of Davis St. at Hermann Park will be nothing short of amazing as it is rooted in Southern hospitality with a nod to world-class sophistication. Our ingredients come from the windy shores of the Gulf, the low country, and steamy streets of New Orleans. The international flair of Mexico's Oaxacan cuisine, hints of spice from Vietnam, and quintessential Caribbean zest. Our decadent menu highlights the comfort food of the South with innovative twists that will take palettes to new heights. The cuisine and atmosphere of Davis St. at Hermann Park will raise the bar on Southern hospitality with its fine food and drink all in the heart of Houston, making it a phenomenal dining experience.
FCBlitz
I could go to Brazilian style steak house and eat all the beef/chicken/sausage I want for $50.
Panama Red
AG
FCBlitz said:

I could go to Brazilian style steak house and eat all the beef/chicken/sausage I want for $50.

Thanks for this information. Any tips on where you can get all the pizza you want for a bargain price?.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.