Houston
Sponsored by

Completion date of F1 and F2 segments?

24,644 Views | 183 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by agdaddy04
StillNotAnAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
45 from Conroe to Montgomery is not bad at all now. I drove it before Christmas and they have expanded it to 3 lanes almost all the way to Huntsville which helps the traffic tremendously.
sixbarag
Sponsor
AG
Well ****! Maybe you could let us know when it opens, hopefully by next week. Gotta go to Woodlands next week.
Thanks
Al Bula
AG
Would love to know what the penalty is for not being completed by end of 2015... Or was Zachry able to weasle out of the penalty due to rain?
jja79
AG
45 doesn't connect Conroe and Montgomery.

I travel along the route every day near 249. They haven't even poured the on/off ramps at some of the intersections so I'd be surprised if it were next week.
sixbarag
Sponsor
AG
Sorry, meant Willis.
aggiemike89
AG
I drive under it at least twice a day on Cypress-Rosehill. Looks pretty completed in that area. East of that I'm not sure. I read somewhere yesterday where they are saying now it's sometimes in Q1. Maybe somebody on here "in the know" could give us a more definitive date?
StillNotAnAggie
quote:
Sorry, meant Willis

oops, so did I. But you get the point.
LostInLA07
AG
quote:
I drive under it at least twice a day on Cypress-Rosehill. Looks pretty completed in that area. East of that I'm not sure. I read somewhere yesterday where they are saying now it's sometimes in Q1. Maybe somebody on here "in the know" could give us a more definitive date?

Q1 of what year?
jja79
AG
quote:
It turns south around Mueschke doesn't it?
aggiemike89
AG
I think a little west of there.
jja79
AG
Anyone seen any official info on this? Looks like they're pouring the on and off ramps on the north side of Gleannloch Farms this morning.
FTAC2011
AG
https://communityimpact.com/houston/city-county/2015/12/28/grand-parkway-segments-f-1-f-2-and-g-delayed-until-first-quarter-2016-2/

Key quotes from memory:

"Delayed because of heavy rain in may/June"
"Open sometime in the first quarter"
"No definitive date yet, but will let public know when they know"

So basically it was slated for 4th quarter 2015 now first quarter 2016 because of "heavy rains"

I wish I could give the people I'm accountable at work to a 6 month window!
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
I've been informing many on the Gleannloch FB group for awhile now that the Dec. 31st completion date was bogus and had been for quite some time. I'm not sure why the media and folks from the Grand Parkway Association were still trumpeting that finish date. Contractor hasn't said a word.

The critical path for the entire project is still the underpass at FM 2920. As that gets completed and all related punch list items associated with it, you'll see the project open. My guess is around a month from now.

On an aside: avoid FM 2920 at Boudreaux (GP frontage roads) currently. The traffic control plan that is currently operating is an absolute disaster. Lane misalignments, no lane control signage, no pavement markings, etc, are all leading up to crashes at some point. Contractor has been giving me lip service about getting a subcontractor out there to add more signs and markings. We'll see. Cagle on line 1 if not.

zap
AG
quote:
"We hope to be driving on that [during] the first week of February."
http://communityimpact.com/houston/news/2016/01/12/new-opening-date-announced-for-grand-parkway-segments-f-1-f-2-2/
Jack Klompus
AG
They're saying that the segment from 290 to 45 will open in February and the segment from 45 to 59 will open in March.
Dill-Ag13
AG
So May. Got it.
schmendeler
AG
First Week of February?
kelkel25
quote:

On an aside: avoid FM 2920 at Boudreaux (GP frontage roads) currently. The traffic control plan that is currently operating is an absolute disaster. Lane misalignments, no lane control signage, no pavement markings, etc, are all leading up to crashes at some point. Contractor has been giving me lip service about getting a subcontractor out there to add more signs and markings. We'll see. Cagle on line 1 if not.

This. At night, its a head on crash waiting to happen. Not to mention when it rains all of the mud that ends up on the road.
No way will I be on that thing when we get a 3 inch rain in an hour at that 2920 underpass. I'm not an engineer but they poured concrete in the corners of the underpass, where is all that water going to go other than onto the roadway?
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
There is a pump station for that purpose.
fire09
AG
I flew over it yesterday, and from the air it looks like it's almost done. My developer friend who is tied to the project said March.
schmellba99
AG
Some of the comments on here are rather amusing.
StillNotAnAggie
Can someone explain to me why each toll station as a propane tank and a backup generator? Is the tollroad authority that concerned with losing revenue due to a power outage. Seems cost prohibitive to me.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Biz Ag
AG
They are definitely on top of things over at the Grand Parkway website with their Thanksgiving greetings.

quote:

quote:
Construction Alerts
Happy Thanksgiving

Have a safe and wonderful holiday!
read more: grandparkway99.com/articles/Happy-Thanksgiving

http://www.grandparkway99.com/
LostInLA07
AG
Well now we know how far behind schedule they are
schmendeler
AG
249 intersection looked ready for primetime today as we passed it.
aggiebutterfly
AG
Anything on 45 to 59?
FTAC2011
AG
Just heard on the news will open F1 & F2 feb 8th. So they pushed it back ANOTHER week.
The Original AG 76
AG
quote:
Can someone explain to me why each toll station as a propane tank and a backup generator? Is the tollroad authority that concerned with losing revenue due to a power outage. Seems cost prohibitive to me.
i believe that this is their PRIMARY power source for now.
Zemira
AG
So I have to wait a week and a half before driving to the woodlands is more efficient?
IDaggie06
AG
I get the thing cost a lot of money to make, but the tolls are very steep. I guess they want quality over quantity. I believe I saw a round trip from Katy to woodlands will be $24. Yes it will save you a ton of time in rush hour but it also is going to deter people from taking it when they don't have to.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Gotta keep the riffraff out somehow. Do you seriously want your new BMW on the same road as some cholo's 1993 celica?
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
Uh, round trip from Katy to Woodlands is not $24.
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
Grand Parkway tolls are about the same rate per mile as the HCTRA facilities. Approx. 17 cents per mile.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.