Houston
Sponsored by

HLSR Committeemen

17,842 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Ag_07
Elephant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Almost that time of year. This will be my first year as a committeeman and I'm already finding out cool things that come along with all the donated time such as entry into most shows, etc. with the badge. My questions for you more seasoned folk:

What "extras" does the gold badge afford you?
What IS the corral club, etc?
What's the most recent parking or park and ride situation for committeemen?

All silly questions no one had explained to me when I interviewed...
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
These are silly questions that you as a joining member of HLSR should already know, but I will answer them

Gold Badge gets you (and a +1) access to the rodeo grounds, inside the concert and cookoff

Corral Club is the bars associated with HLSR, there are several. You have to be with a committee person(Badge) to get into the committeemans. You also have to have a corral membership to buy drink tickets.

Parking- Yellow lot is where most committee members park.
84AGEC
AG
You do not need a badge to join and get in corral clubs. Only the committeemens room requires badge
You can buy your corral club card at membership.
It allows you and 3 guest in.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
You do not need a badge to join and get in corral clubs. Only the committeemens room requires badge
You can buy your corral club card at membership.
It allows you and 3 guest in.
incorrect, sort of. I assume that if you are a member of the rodeo then you have a badge. Membership=badge

membership eligibility

quote:

EligibilityAn applicant must complete the Show's indemnity form and must:be a member in good standing of the Show (Show membership dues must be paid before purchasing a Corral Club membership);be at least 21 years of age;have a genuine interest in the goals and purposes of the Show;be a person of good character; andfollow the Responsible Alcohol Management program enforced by the Corral ClubCostsAnnual Member Corral Club Dues: $35Life Member Corral Club Dues: $350 ($315 for current annual Corral Club members if purchased by April 30) must be a life member of the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo.
Entry requirements for each corral club
Ducks4brkfast
AG
quote:
incorrect, sort of. I assume that if you are a member of the rodeo then you have a badge. Membership=badge

membership does not equal gold badge. only committeemen get badges, and there are lots of HLSR members not on committees.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Yeah, I realized that after the previous post. In my mind though I always assume if you are a member of rodeo then you participate on a committee and get a badge. I dont get being a member and not participating in a committee.
JSKolache
AG
Corral club drinks are cheaper than the stadium vendors, but you have to buy drink tickets in bulk ($40 worth at a time) so there is a trade off.
Elephant
AG
Thanks for the info guys. I assume my wife (not a committeeman) will need her own corral membership separate from mine?

How do seats work in the Rodeo and shows?
Ag_07
AG
No. She is your guest into the Corral Club and you can buy tickets with your membership.

You can sit wherever there's an empty seat except on the 300 level (club level) unless you con some doorman to thinking that your gold badge gets you club access. Corral Club tickets can be used on the club level so if you can swing that it's the way to go.

Go early and use the gift of gab.

Also committeeman get some discounts on some stuff like Reliant Energy plans, early purchase to events at NRG, etc.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.