Houston
Sponsored by

John Moore plumbing

4,150 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Seamaster
AggieOil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sucks a big one. Sleazy salesman more than ****ing plumbers
Seamaster
AG
Sugar Land Plumbing (S&B) is also good. I used them to re-pipe my entire house. Had also got a quote from Abacus but Abacus was about $1000 more.

The Original AG 76
AG
If memory serves ( BIG if) John Moore used to live in my hood as a kid in the 60's . Candlelight Plaza. I remember that he and my dad were friends and he owned his own plumbing company. Did work around the NW side of town and seemed to be a great guy. If that's the SAMs guy it's too bad his company has turned out the way y'all present. Obviously someone made it huge and well to do . Must have been the kids who , I think , were younger than me.
Ag_07
AG
I called ARS when my kitchen sink backed up. Guy came out and found out the garbage disposal was bad and quoted me to replace it.

Then he turned around and said if you pay me and not ARS I'll do it for half of what that is and you'll still get the warranty on my work. He said if anyone asked just say I bought a bottle of their drain cleaner and it worked. That way he took a ticket for drain cleaner back.

Paid him cash and he gave me his cell number in case he needed to come back.
CowtownAg06
AG
I think Abacus is too pricey as well.....

I was very happy with Pisces. They are in Katy but travel all over.
Ragoo
AG
quote:
I called ARS when my kitchen sink backed up. Guy came out and found out the garbage disposal was bad and quoted me to replace it.

Then he turned around and said if you pay me and not ARS I'll do it for half of what that is and you'll still get the warranty on my work. He said if anyone asked just say I bought a bottle of their drain cleaner and it worked. That way he took a ticket for drain cleaner back.

Paid him cash and he gave me his cell number in case he needed to come back.

Woo ethics
Seamaster
AG
Just pulled old estimates for the re-pipe job.

John Moore - a touch over $11,000
Abacus - $8,750
S&B Plumbing - $7,850

All of the quotes were for tearing out galvinized and replacing with the same PEX product. We went with S&B and had no problems.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.